1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Hello community have a dillema about SteamRep

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Sleeping Forest, May 30, 2015.

1. Sleeping Forest

Sleeping Forest New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20993947
    Hello . As i try to trade off some of my new compendium items i keep encountering people who ask me if i have a high steam rep . As far as i know i have no special reputation on SteamRep and i read the FAQ and it only said stuff about bad steamrep so i am now here wondering how can you get a Good SteamRep status ? Sorry if the question seems noobish .
  2. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    The only states of reputation are:
    -Admin
    -Middleman
    -None
    -Caution
    -Banned
    Only extremely trusted people are middlemen and those are assigned by communities. Community admins are also assigned by partner communities to their trade admins (in most cases). There is nothing good or bad about having no reputation.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Also, if someone tries to assert they "have higher rep" because of profile comments, that's a good time to back away.
    Blissharmony and Roudydogg1 like this.
  5. a Gentleman

a Gentleman Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Definitely read what SilentReaper linked about profile "rep". The reputation markings on SteamRep for Admin/Community Mod/Middleman are given to very trustworthy individuals who continuously make big contributions to their respective gaming community.

If you're not sure about whether someone's reputable, you can always ask one of the trusted members of the trading community to help you out. That's what they're here for.
    Blissharmony likes this.
  6. Sleeping Forest

Sleeping Forest New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20993947
    Thanks for the info guys :) Appreciated .