1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198092375044 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Kappa = greyface, Aug 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kappa = greyface

Kappa = greyface New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:39907011
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198092375044 ()

Victim profile: 76561198040079750

What happened? Description:
    So I was selling an unusual hat on TF2, and this guy adds me. He sends me a trade request and we trade. He puts in a bunch of items and a steam game. He "claims" the steam game (Interstellar Marines) is worth 8 keys, which it is not. I was looking around on TF2OP and it is worth about 2 keys. My hat costs 12 keys, and he added enough items until 16. He asks to remove an item (worth 4 keys) so it could be more fair, and I said yes. Once he trades me, he said he has to go. I send him a message saying "Nice scam" and he proceeds to delete me.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Astrobot11

Astrobot11 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:66054658
    guys this cant be a scam as u see that the game is worth 20$=8 keys and the time at my place was 12:30 and i never removed that guy he himself removed me
  3. Burk very angry

Burk very angry New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42283035
    To be fair, the game actually costs around $20, he most likely bought it when it was on sale. It was your choice to make the trade, albiet astrobot made some profit but he really didn't scam you. The one thing that makes me phishy about astrobot is that he commented on someones profile that he is offering $400 on a few tf2 items that aren't worth $400 and told the person to go first since he had more rep. also he claims that his profile was hijacked, something most scammers do to get away with scamming. i didn't make a thread about astrobot because hes probably going to get marked anyways.
  4. [Insert a name joke here]

[Insert a name joke here] New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:56533006

u scammed meh alt in da pass but ur still an a✿✿✿✿✿✿
  5. Bubble3

Bubble3 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:80632705
    This isnt a scam buddy. He just made some profit, and if you already told him afterwords "Nice scam" it means you knew that it was a scam. WHY THE F*CK DO YOU EVEN DO THE TRADE THEN? just for that stupidity you should be banned.
  6. JNeb900

JNeb900 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:54289353
    Erm no

Anyway I'd agree that this guy just got lucky to make some profit
  7. Merndy

Merndy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:65794293
    I see no problems in this.. You agreed to take it without doing any research on the game before actually trading. Doing research after a trade is a terrible habit. I don't understand why this even open still, unless I'm missing something.
  8. Tooth Fairy

Tooth Fairy Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:60566837
    Hello, I am he owner of SC.
    Might I add to this report, Astro has been banned from all our SC servers Permanently yet he still wears the SC tag for whatever reason. I know it's nothing to do with this situation but I don't want people thinking he is at all associated with this community. Thanks
  9. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Hello,

SteamRep is not investigating reports involved with sharking, since the report falls out of our investigative policy I will be invalidating this report.

Invalid.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.