1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198069985504 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by mkmk, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkmk

mkmk New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:26930477
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198069985504

Victim profile: 76561198014126683

What happened? Description:
    He is level 40 on Steam and he has this realistic profile offering keys for 1.80$. I added him to friends and he responded immediately. He gave me his email [email protected] to pay in PayPal for 10 keys, so that's 18$ plus fees.

After the payment was processed, we chatted a little bit about some inappropriate jokes after, and then he just disappeared. I think he didn't even block me, he's just ignoring my messages.​

Provide Evidence:
    Also please notice in his friend list this person have people like legendary scammer Solarflare and already banned in SteamRep. So it must be some long scammer ring, also judging from names, based in India.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers,
    mk​

Attached Files:

2. mkmk

mkmk New User

Steam:
    More screenies with URL.

Attached Files:

3. mkmk

mkmk New User

Steam:
    Bump.

How long does it take to review this?
  4. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    Bumping doesn't help your report get processed any faster. Until it gets processed, it will be linked on his profile, helping to warn others.

Processing can take anywhere from 1 month to a year.

Just initiate a chargeback, and remember, do not close the dispute under any circumstances. Once you close the dispute you can't reopen it. He can still refund while the dispute is open.
  5. mkmk

mkmk New User

Steam:
    Wow so the scammer got a year to keep scamming. Also you can't charge back when you send it as gift.
  6. Salmon

Steam:
    You can charge back anything on paypal.

This report has the exact same effect as a full tag, to anyone smart enough to check steamrep. Whether he is tagged or not he can do whatever he wants on steam. All steamrep can do is warn people, if they bother to check the steamrep profile.
  7. mkmk

mkmk New User

Steam:
    Can you give an example reason what to write on PayPal when you want to get money returned that you sent as Family and Gifts? It gives warnings if I provide false informations my account might get suspended. And how is Paypal gonna believe I got scammed on Steam, like they care at all.
  8. Salmon

Steam:
    Just say that the payment was a mistake, the seller tried to force you to use gift instead of goods in order to scam you and you didn't realize the implications.

Or go to your credit card company and have them take the payment back.
  9. mkmk

mkmk New User

Steam:
    The credit card method won't work, the money I sent was the money I received before from other PayPal user. Also did this method ever worked for you that it was mistake?
  10. Salmon

Steam:
    Yep. I once sent money to the wrong address and got it back. Never actually fallen for a scam though. Back in my day, all the scams targeted items, no one bothered trying to steal paypal, as it is so easily reversed.

Just make it very clear that the scammer really forced you to use gift instead of goods as they were trying to steal your money.
  11. mkmk

mkmk New User

Steam:
    If I get my PayPal blocked, I'll hunt you down mate.
  12. mkmk

mkmk New User

Steam:
    Salmon that's what they sent: "
    We've investigated your unauthorised payment claim.
    We've reviewed your account and we're satisfied that your account is secure and there has been no access by a third party. For this reason, we're unable to proceed with your unauthorised payment claim.
    If you're unhappy with a particular purchase, we encourage you to work with your seller to find a resolution. If a product you purchased never arrived or was significantly not as described, you may be entitled to open a dispute in the Resolution Centre and be covered by our Buyer Protection."

Funny thing is that I can't open a dispute because it was sent as gift/family, those disputes works only goods services, and I wrote them what you said.
  13. Salmon

Steam:
    Try calling them. It looks like you got an automated response - it just checked your IP history.

For the future, make sure that you always clean any funds in paypal out to your bank, and use credit card for any transactions. Your cc can always charge back.
  14. jobmac10

jobmac10 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:51903605
    Hey, mkmk. I can help you on that. Add me on Steam. and we will talk. I hate Scammers. I report them right away if anything is suspicious. Been doing PayPal since 2013. and I have read their Agreements and Everything. I can help you on that. :)
  15. jobmac10

jobmac10 New User

Steam:
    i am friend with the scammer right now. He also sells keys to me as well. :DD I can buy from him and let me see if he really is a scammer.
  16. jobmac10

jobmac10 New User

Steam:
    our chat.
    Wednesday, June 03, 2015
    6:38 AM - Mac B>Keys>PayPal: hey
    6:38 AM - Mac B>Keys>PayPal: can you show me
    6:38 AM - Mac B>Keys>PayPal: your history/
    6:38 AM - Mac B>Keys>PayPal: ?
    6:38 AM - hz666 ~ keys $2: Of what?
    6:39 AM - hz666 ~ keys $2: I have to go now
    6:39 AM - Mac B>Keys>PayPal: of paypal
    6:39 AM - hz666 ~ keys $2: I'll talk to you later
    6:39 AM - Mac B>Keys>PayPal: oh nvm
    5:50 PM - hz666 ~ keys $2: yo
    5:50 PM - hz666 ~ keys $2: do you want those keys?
    5:50 PM - hz666 ~ keys $2: i got 100 atm
    Yesterday. :D he got it from a scam? or what?
  17. snimix =2JZ= konichiwa!

snimix =2JZ= konichiwa! New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:7273394
  18. Emmanatee

Emmanatee New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:95948077
    he scammed me too..................
  19. Bacon Overlord

Bacon Overlord Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:6350281
  20. jrrocket000

jrrocket000 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:50449642
    He scammed me as well, please look into :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.