1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal: 76561198071975656 - (BottledDew / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by BottledDew, Jun 11, 2015.

1. BottledDew

BottledDew New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:55854964
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198071975656 (BottledDew)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Process] Mistake - Admin misunderstood evidence or made a mistake
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    No other alt accounts.​

Appeal description:
    Hello,

I would like to start off by explaining that there were miscommunication on both ends. On my end, I did not realize steam group I got invited to was a fake group, as I didn't know that was a thing (since there are groups of professional teams and such/'unofficial groups'). Yes I will admit to accepting the invite and joining the group, but I'd also like to point out that I did not have any knowledge of said group's validity nor have I posted or used the group's abbreviation (ever). In fact, I did not realize I was SR marked (~35 days ago), since I no longer trade. The only reason I found out was because of CSGOLounge.com (betting site)

I would also like to tell the reviewer(s) a bit about myself, I was an avid trader. I traded TF2 items for about two years, I sold my inventory when keys went above 9 ref and it got too hard for honest trades (you may check my TF2 inventory is either untradeable or low value). I know steam profile reps do not mean much, but I do have quite a lot amassed from my trading days (you may check those if you'd like). As a retired trader, I tried to provide as much information as possible to the other trading party; I listed my steamrep info block as well as other sites I used to trade on, have not changed to any other name (other than variations of BottledDew), have no VAC or any valve bans, and have always kept an open profile and backpack. I have not scammed anyone either and would not do so, I have been scammed personally...I did report the scammer to SR, yet his status remains unchanged (sorry, it is ironic).

Though I am no longer trading, my account is still worth money (not much, but to me it is priceless). I have no other alternative accounts, this is my only one; as such I have countless hours spent on countless games. I now play a game called Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, that game has ingame items worth a lot of money, and it has an in-game ranking system; I worked really hard for my rank in the game....I do not wish for it to be taken away. In my comments section, the last +Rep posted was in February, I do not know when I was in that group or how long, but I was not involved in any further trades after February 20th. If you check my friend's list on SR, I do not have a lot or at all friends with warning/scam tags, yes there is one friend (http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198074184639) that has a banned tag, coincidentally it was him that invite me to said fake group, ironically I kept him on my friend's list after a trade many many months ago. However, I will delete him/her from my friend's list if needed be.

So please, take everything I have explained into consideration. I will fully cooperate and work with appeal reviewers and will try my best to provide further evidence if necessary, thus please ask for any and all further evidence if required so. Though I do not have any photos, I feel there aren't a need to provide photo evidence, I have also left said fake group. I promise that I have learned my lesson and will carefully examine groups carefully before joining them.

Thank you​
    Roudydogg1 and Lava like this.
  2. BottledDew

BottledDew New User

Steam:
    Update: I have also posted an appeal on Fortress of Gamers also as it listed them in the ban tag, as I am not sure which is the correct place for the appeal.
  3. Pointlessness

Pointlessness New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:61888952
  4. BottledDew

BottledDew New User

Steam:
    Please lock this thread, I was informed by an FoG Admin that this was the incorrect place for this appeal.
  5. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
  6. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Not marked by SteamRep, tag was lifted by marking partner. Archived.