1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198046757343 (EITS | WhiteDott)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Genocidal, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Genocidal

Genocidal New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:16102257
    Victim:
    steamID: CM Punk
    steamID32: STEAM_0:0:16102257
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197992470242
    customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/genocidal
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197992470242
    SOP forum account (if applicable): Genocidal

Scammer:
    steamID: EITS | WhiteDott
    steamID32: STEAM_0:1:43245807
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198046757343
    customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/WhiteDott
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198046757343
    SOP forum account (if applicable): Kemish

Screenshots:
    http://i.imgur.com/GlAEb.png

Description: User posted a thread on SourceOP to buy keys and earbuds. I responded and spoke with him on Steam, starting the conversation in the picture. Today the payment was disputed and reversed via Paypal.
  2. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Did you reach out to the trader? What was their response? Perhaps this is a mistaken chargeback?

If you don't sort it out with them, can you also include the name and PayPal email address associated with the account that charged back?

Can you also include a screenshot of the PayPal transaction that was charged back?
  3. FrOOzE(S>Keys 35WMR)

FrOOzE(S>Keys 35WMR) New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:26750294
  4. sripakdp

sripakdp New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:13595479
    Two chargebacks totaling 100 usd from this guy
  5. vittu

vittu New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:114669
  6. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    Ouch. :( I've marked him, but I'm leaving this thread open for more reports on him.
  7. tragicservers ♥

tragicservers ♥ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:31888870
    He purchases a game server from me and I have informed him. And I got about 60 dollars in chargebacks. Apparently he has no idea what is going on and is going to resolve it asap. How true is that I have no clue but somewhat of an update.
  8. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    Yeah, that's why I asked originally. Sometimes a parent, spouse or a bank goes crazy and starts rejecting things. If he gets all of it sorted out, we'll remove the SCAMMER tag, assuming it's true he didn't mean to do it.
  9. Skipper

Skipper Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:22238402
    Chargebacked me $13.50
  10. Skipper

Steam:
    Plus for all the people who got chargebacked on this guy. Contact support so we can get his account dealt with.

I don't think it was a parent thing because if it was he would of still had me added to his friends list. He removed me.
  11. SunnySideUp

SunnySideUp New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43231432
    I honestly don't know what you are talking about, but this is a very dear friend of mine. I have called him and he hasn't been charging back at all.. you are all dealing with a scammer.
  12. SunnySideUp

SunnySideUp New User

Steam:
    Apparently it has something to do with his bank, Bank of America, and if anyone has that bank like I do.. you know how anal and annoying they get. I can vouch for him as a reputable and honest trader, but of course you should all wait until he fixes this.. his internet is currently offline because of issues so please have some patience.
  13. Skipper

Steam:
    And it's no alt. We all posted in his rep thread.

Tell him to come to this thread to explain everything. Everyone here hopes to get their money back.
  14. SunnySideUp

SunnySideUp New User

Steam:
    I was wrong about it being an alt account. I just called him and he let me know what was going on. At the moment his Internet is down because Comcast sucks and his modem is being lame.

Issue:
    His PayPal account was originally linked to his Dad's account and at a later point in time he added his own bank account. Unknowingly (and kind of a fail) his Dad's account was the primary and when he made purchases it charged that account, but not his own account. His Dad realized this, thinking it was fraud.. and contacted the bank and the bank reversed the payments. At this point, his PayPal now is all messed up so he is going to make a new PayPal with his OWN bank account and he will pay you all back.

He will be coming back online and will speak to all of you as soon as his net comes back on. If you'd like, you could post here, or add me and let me know who you are, how much he owes you and your SoP Rep so that I can make sure you're not some scammer (you know, just in case). If not you can wait for him to come back online.

Feel free to add me and speak to me, I can speak on his behalf until he's online. Again, please have some patience before going to the next step. I can assure you, you'll all have your money back.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/sunnnysideup
  15. x3nitro

x3nitro Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46374177
    sunny, I've added you, just to feel a little safer. Hopefully whitedott resolves this. Was chargebacked $20.25 too.
  16. Mr lil' shooter

Mr lil' shooter New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:15937373
    If its any help. He did pay me money on paypal for keys. And he hasn't charged back. He seemed like a nice guy too. I don't think he would purposefully charge-back. I mean he has over 1,200+ hours on TF2 and tons of stuff in his BP why would he risk being marked with all that stuff in his BP! It seems ludicrous!!
  17. Genocidal

Genocidal New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:16102257
    Hopefully that's the case Sunny, it does seem a bit off that someone with that long standing of an account would start scamming suddenly. I've added you Sunny to hopefully stay in the loop on the whole situation.
  18. Whitedott

Whitedott New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43245807
    First of all I need to apologize for this unforeseen issue. I was starting my rep page and building rep through mostly small key purchases, but I guess that either set off PayPal's fraud detection or my dad saw the small charges and thought he was getting stolen from. The PayPal account I use to purchase tf2 goods is linked to one of my own accounts, and my dad's account. I use my dad's account as a primary( I know I'm just one of those kids I guess). Anyway I'd like to resolve this issue, I need to compile a list of people that were charged back because I have a mess of chargebacks related to this account and mostly unrelated to tf2 purchases that I need to somehow get resolved through paypal(if only their phone system weren't so useless), or what's most likely is that I'll need to pay you back through another PayPal account of mine. Also link your steam rep/ PaypPal email and the amount I owe you, so I can cross reference all that info to rule out anyone trying to take advantage of my current situation.
  19. tommy's roommate

tommy's roommate New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32394611
    just here backing up whitedott, we have traded multiple times and he is definitely not trying to scam people. seems there is a problem with his account, and all transactions have been charged back from the past few months...

am talking with him now, he says he is working on paying people back, feels terrible.
    (yes i just made this account, but my steam profile is years old...made this one to back up a friend.)
  20. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    I'm going to leave this thread open while Whitedott sorts out a plan to repay everyone properly. Victims who were charged back, if you send him notifications of your owed amounts and your PayPal email, you might want to do so via a SteamRep forum PM rather than publicly. If you do so, please include me on those PMs so I can help track them down.

I'd like to be sure everyone gets paid because it does sound like this was a mistake. If people stay calm and work with the guy, then perhaps we can have a positive story at the end of this.

Whitedott, it would go a long way to being transparent about this if you create a Google Doc (or other document online somewhere) that lists each SteamID and how much they are owed, and your expected timeframe to get them paid back. Ideally we see progress soon so everyone will recognize that this is an honest mix-up.