1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Regarding trades worth above a Bill's Hat.

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by FROST (S>44 UNUSUALS), May 14, 2015.

1. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    The question then is - if someone is running a trading bot, and the bot already uses steamrep's API to not trade marked scammers, are they responsible if the bot trades "obvious" alts? Should bot owners be expected to add criteria for "obvious" alts, or to have their bot check the history on an item?
  2. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    My mistake, I did in fact know that.
  3. FROST (S>44 UNUSUALS)

FROST (S>44 UNUSUALS) New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50785529
    I'll be using trade.tf's banking bot and also bp.tf's automatic trade feature to sell some other items. I only intend on trading items worth below the 12-15 key limit with these bots. Will this still get me into any trouble and is there any possible work around or extra precautions I can take?
  4. FROST (S>44 UNUSUALS)

Steam:
    Forgot to mention, but I think those bots are already using SR's API. Sorry for double posting.
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Then you don't have much to worry about. In the future the API will also give to bots if a account was reported, and the bots can then decide upon that to not trade.
    FROST (S>44 UNUSUALS) likes this.
  6. FROST (S>44 UNUSUALS)

Steam: