1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198035393318 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by PoorAsianBoy, Jul 3, 2015.

1. PoorAsianBoy

PoorAsianBoy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:60453222
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198035393318

Victim profile: 76561198081172172

What happened? Description:
    The accused user adds me up to Quicksell me some of his items for keys. Nice right?. It was all good at the start when we agreed upon a deal of a Karambit Tiger Tooth FN along with 65% of market price of any smaller/lower tier knives. This means that if I bought the Tiger Tooth I would be getting 35% off the other lower tier knives instead of his normal 30-20%. I would be saving a bunch as he does have a lot of low tier knives (around 30 or so) in which I could spend the rest of my pure keys on. The main goal in my eyes was to make profit like any other trader does. So we come to a conclusion trading the Karambit for my 178 CSGO Keys while getting granted a discount of 65% of any lower tier knife using market price for the knife. Normally what 65% of market price means in key payment is this : Market Price of Knife x (% Discount in decimal)/ by market price of keys. Now this formula is very commonly used as I have provided proof of other "big" traders that use this formula. However, he replaces the keys in the formula to his own PayPal price AFTER we traded the Karambit and keys. Clearify: He takes the market price of the knife and then his own price of keys on PayPal (Market Price x 0.65(discount)/2(key). 2 things wrong with this in my eyes. 1. Your price cud be like 1 dollar and say that I should pay a lot of more keys using the formula. 2. If we are talking about market price, it's market price for everything. Not market price for 1 key and paypal price for the other key or market price on a knife and keys on paypal price. Everyone knows you can get both knives and keys cheaper using Paypal rather than funding the wallet so it was unfair he raised the price of his knife going by market while lowering the keys to suit his "deal". I was confident I was right in that situation but played it passive as he seemed like a nice guy and didn't wanna start an argument. Stuff happened and we couldn't get to a conclusion. This meant that the deal was not made and therefore I was missing out on his 65% partial add on. At this point I want a trade back as we both misunderstood each other so it's fair. So he deletes me claiming that I'm wrong. I re-add him once again and ask for my keys back because we both didn't go through with the deal. He deletes me again. So I try a third time and it comes out as a no because he says that he doesn't owe me a refund as we traded already, completely ignoring the deal at hand in the start of our conversation. Then he claims that he sold the keys for paypal money. I check his backpack and its private meaning that 1. He probably didn't sell the keys 2. He knows he is in the wrong here as he starts to do things that shouldn't happen. He also admits that he didn't want to give me a "refund" (not really a refund if we didn't go through with the deal). All these proofs lead to the fact that, yes, he did manipulate the % market formula to make a quick buck off me. Since we both misunderstood I gave him a chance to trade back but now it has come to me spending my time on this report.
    Conclusion: No he should not be banned. Maybe Cautioned. Doubt he haven't heard of the formula he talked about when he states he is a 6 year trader.​

Provide Evidence:
    Chat Pages Uncropped:
    http://gyazo.com/5bcd71963a7a5145b505fc275be9a3e1
    http://gyazo.com/d3777aa20b78a64c32ea409ce20b6d2b
    http://gyazo.com/0e0519af490972a59c0367459e051736
    http://gyazo.com/14b743cd88deb1b4691544ecbf28f292
    http://gyazo.com/44f4f1b567c49caa34c61d74c8f8e436
    http://gyazo.com/93e4d91093983a19056d574b5018517b
    http://gyazo.com/8df9c31a87315723fdd5bab311b17d60
    http://gyazo.com/37a5484c0cf9f14ab9f427e0e28f879d
    http://gyazo.com/4e0beb5145980d28a515043b13acf925
    http://gyazo.com/f1aca665ad3cb2c5d01e10b77f06c603
    http://gyazo.com/8dc9264f40cb9e5198e6f1337324bbf4
    http://gyazo.com/5b8b87792c0fcf3a7a801fcf95dc9d47
    http://gyazo.com/99d8e98afbd5637d0ab428a267a921f5
    http://gyazo.com/b02605e191b307da57e80439bcb5709f
    http://gyazo.com/02a81cebd84b6995c46dc3fa3bea0740

Video to show that it was happening at the time:

Attached Files:

2. PoorAsianBoy

PoorAsianBoy New User

Steam:
  3. Kaisar

Kaisar New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37563795
    Hey,
    For the sake of clarification I agreed to sell any item to him for 65% of market price value. Meaning if he wanted an item that was worth $100 he would get it for $65. He wanted to pay via keys rather than PayPal. I told him I valued keys at $2 each. He insisted (as you can see above) that keys should be valued at $2.50 which is the full value that you purchase them for via CS:GO. I then attempted for the next hour to explain to him how it makes no sense for me to take that trade as instead of 65% market value this would only give me 48% market value.

For example: An item worth $100, if you were to take 65% market value off that it would be $65. I am now selling this skin for $65. If you would like to pay via PayPal you send $65 USD to my PayPal account, if you would like to pay via keys you'd be buying it for 32.5 keys. If I were to value keys at $2.50 which is what he suggest then I would be selling it at 26 keys. 26 keys would go for $52. To sell a knife or any other item for $52 when the market price is at $100 would mean I am giving a 48% discount.

He wanted to purchase a Karambit (vanilla) from me at 55-60 keys. I offered 75 keys for it. Explanation of this being quite simple. 75 keys *2 (PayPal value) = $150. Karambit's market price is $232. $150 divided by $232 is equal to about 65%. 60 keys * 2(PayPal price) = $120. Karambit's market price is $232. $120 divided by $232 is almost 52%.

I offered this guy 65% off the market value of any item he wanted. I fulfilled my part of the bargain. He may take any item he wants from my inventory for 65% of the market price. If he wants to pay via PayPal then it's an easy trade, if he wants to use keys, he has to divide the agreed price by the amount that the keys are being sold for. Otherwise I'm screwing myself out of an additional 13% or so just for the sake of doing it.

P.S. I don't understand both his video and "Conclusion" at the top, he says "I don't think he should be banned, he is quite reputable and I feel like people should be warned of his method." I'm paraphrasing there between both the video and his text, but I still do not understand why bother going through this whole process. He still got his Karambit Tiger Tooth at 178keys, Steam Analyst prices it at 185-270 keys, he also still gets 65% market value of any item he wants. I refused to offer him a refund however you can see towards the end of the conversation I decided to do so anyways for the sake of getting rid of a headache I do not need. However I have no idea how/why, but Steam has decided to lock my account for 7 days because I got a new computer two days ago. I've traded on this PC with no issue for the past two days as I can take screen shots clarifying this, however now it gives me an error telling me I cannot trade for another 7 days. I tried to use my Tablet to send a trade offer, I got the same error, and that thing has been hooked up to my Steam account for over two months.

Thanks,
    Kaisar.
  4. PoorAsianBoy

PoorAsianBoy New User

Steam:
    ^Alright. You seem to not get logic that is used among everyone. If we are talking MARKET, we are talking MARKET. Not half paypal half steam market stuff. Why is it fair that you put the Knife in a higher value USING STEAM MARKET while lower the price of keys USING YOUR PRICE OF PAYPAL. Why can't I say that there are sellers of the knife that sell on Paypal for 170-180$ as a BUYOUT (which is the same price as the market in keys x 2) and make the discount from there while pricing keys @ MARKET PRICE. Now the math would be OPPOSITE of yours which is 175$ x 0.65 / 2.5 = 45.5 Keys. Pretty much what you are doing but reverse. If we are talking market we are not talking about keys via paypal which does not make sense. Your math is flawed in this case as you use the knife at MARKET PRICE while keys at your own price of PAYPAL.

THE REAL MATH
    PAYPAL VERSION - SELLER IS AT 175$ (Many sellers selling @ 80-90 or even lower so in this case (in his favour even) is 90 x 2 = 180) We can all agree we can get a vanilla karambit for 180USD via Paypal or just buy the keys @ 2USD and buy the karambit from a trader on lounge.
    So the math: 180 x 0.65 / 2 = 58.5 which is even lower than what I came up with.

MARKET VERSION - SELLER IS AT 232 (Still higher than the average bought) while keys are at 2.5 USD
    So the math: 232 x 0.65 / 2.5 = 60.32

THIS IS FAIR MATH. Not the one you have been doing because you are taking a knife that will be obviously higher on the market while using your paypal value of keys which would be obviously lower. This is not % of Market this is "Kaisar's Way of Looking Innocent and Manipulating People". Like I stated previously, why can't I take the knife at a paypal price and the keys at the market price?

To clearify my conclusion: It is not something to be banned for but I hope that steamrep see's the way you acted and goes with some punishment like a caution tag. If you are willing to pay the keys back then re-add me but hiding and trying to dodge bullets arn't good for helping you with the information I provided.

Your logic is horrid as well. "If a knife is worth 100$ on the steam market then you should pay paypal". How about this. If the knife is 100$ on the market and 65$ is the total amount with the discount, why don't I pay using market funds lol. YOU know that paypal is cheaper when it comes to buying items. YOU decided to try to hide from me.
  5. PoorAsianBoy

PoorAsianBoy New User

Steam:
    I also NEVER agreed to do this formula in his favour as it is clearly seen to be. We discussed this AFTER the trade had already happened meaning the keys were already gone when we had the argument about the price I should pay.
  6. Kaisar

Kaisar New User

Steam:
    I agreed to give you 65% of the market value. So If I wanted to sell you an item worth $100, you'd pay me $65. The part you're disagreeing with me about is in terms of the valuation of keys. Alright. Then let's make it simple, sell your keys for $2.50 and buy the items I'm selling for 35% off. I think that is fair to both parties since you clearly misunderstand that no person with common sense would give you 52% market value on items he can easily sell for 70-80% of market value. I just don't know what to say. Keys are on average sold for $2, if I want to sell you a knife for $65 why would I take $2.50 as the key value? I'm losing $0.50 for absolutely no reason. It makes no sense at all.

I don't understand why you're attacking me personally by saying things such as: "Kaisar's Way of Looking Innocent and Manipulating People" I've been trading for a very long time, you can see my recent Steam Games and CSGO rep threads on my profile, I've not had a single issue aside from the occasional person issuing a chargeback here, and an impersonator there.

This report is complete malarkey, I also don't get what you're trying to prove when you say: "This user shouldn't be banned but warned."
    Okay, I'm sorry that my formula is very simple, you take an item, find out what the market value is, times it by 0.65 and boom; That is your price. Feeling like paying via PayPal, send $65 USD to my account. Feel like paying with keys? Divide it by how much keys are sold for.
  7. PoorAsianBoy

PoorAsianBoy New User

Steam:
    LMAO you are still not getting the point that I am making. WHY are you taking keys @ PAYPAL price when you are taking the knife at MARKET price. So you want me to sell my keys @ 2.5 and buy the knife. Why don't you sell your knife @150 (65% of market price) and buy the keys and see how many you can get. Theres your logic contradicting yourself once again. It's traders such as you that have such high reputation as I talked about that think they are always better than other players and make rules that no one even know about. Paypal and market dont mix when it comes to prices. You can get an item for 2 USD on Paypal which 2.5 on the market. Same goes with knives. What I'm saying you did was manipulation % market price and change it with your price of keys on PAYPAL. NOT MARKET (as you seem to not understand).

HOLD UP : Cuz I like where this is headed. You dug yourself a grave. You told me to sell my keys @ 2.5 and get the money to pay for your knives 35% off market. I will totally do that. I got 238.64CAD. Put a knife on the market LIKE YOU SAID for 65% of its price. I will buy it. Are you going to back away from what you said?
  8. Kaisar

Kaisar New User

Steam:
    Yes, you can purchase that knife from me via PayPal, i.e. you want the Karambit Vanilla, it's selling at $232, 65% of that value is $150.80
    Feel free to re-add me and I can give you the PayPal information to send the money to. After this previous conflict I'd understand if you'd want to use a middleman, feel free to add one from /r/GlobalOffensiveTrade, and let me know.
  9. PoorAsianBoy

PoorAsianBoy New User

Steam:
    LMAO. I said put it on the market like you recently stated "I'll give you knives 65% of market price". If its 65% of market price isn't it reasonable that I can choose to pay via Market Funds?
  10. PoorAsianBoy

PoorAsianBoy New User

Steam:
    Why would you take 2.5 as the key value? Lol. Why would I take 100 as the value of the knife if I can find someone with a price a lot less than that?
    Also. Don't act all innocent and play the victim here. Your chat with me was VERY hostile in which you offended not only me but other people as well.
  11. Kaisar

Kaisar New User

Steam:
    Yes, I agree I was hostile and it was uncalled for. I was very frustrated that you didn't understand my point.
    However towards the last few screenshots of yours you could see that I stated I will offer you the refund since I have over 400 keys unlocked today (bought them via CS:GO store). I then came upon a weird problem where my Steam decided to tell me to wait 7 days to trade because I "logged in from a new device." As I was trying to fix the problem, which all I did was plug my old PC in, make a trade, switch back to my new one, and it worked again. You decided you would continue to question me, and pursue a report.

To me it just boggles my mind. You made a deal you regret with the Tiger Tooth, you misunderstand what I mean when I said 65% market value, and when I finally, and I say finally because I was very stubborn about it, agree to give you a refund, you don't give me the time needed to find out why Steam is deciding to give me a "7 day until trade" message on a computer I used to trade you earlier in the day for the 178keys/Tiger Tooth.

I'd rather do a refund and not bother with a long and tedious SteamRep report, rather than keep the keys (from a knife I can sell around the same price anyways) and have to deal with a SteamRep "?" badge on my SteamRep profile until it gets resolved via their Staff mediation.
    It's clear you'd rather just be "right" then agreeing to disagree.
  12. PoorAsianBoy

PoorAsianBoy New User

Steam:
    Really funny. From "Yea go ahead idiot. Write the report and I'll fight you 1v1." to "Please no hurterino my reperino". I'm frustrated that you are so stubborn to not use common logic. Tell me why my math and logic is flawed and I will leave (all I want to know) like I did yours. I don't care about your tech excuses. Do I care about losing a few keys? No, I lost like 100 gambling lol. What I wrote this report to show was your actions as a "big" trader. Complete disgrace in the way you act, trade, and resolve problems. You have not refuted ANY of my arguments. If so, very vaguely. Why is that? Because you know I am right. Who the hell does mix Market Value and Paypal when talking about % Market price. All you did is get mad on steam, call me names when I was polite and ditch me while joking about cancer. O but thats all good cuz you apologized and realized it AFTER someone did something about your actions right? Doubt this is the first time you tried manipulating someone. You also lied about selling the keys via Paypal. I have crushed you in every argument we made on this thread. Tell me something new other than your frustrated and stubborn about taking 100$ of market value and wanting me to pay 65$ via paypal.

Clash with me a bit on my arguments. Don't back down and make an excuse that you don't have time.
  13. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    @PoorAsianBoy We need uncropped, unedited screenshots of your inventory history, taken from within the Steam client with the URL bar visible. Please note: All images need to be uploaded as attachments. Please do not link to 3rd-party sites like imgur or puu.sh for your evidence.

Additionally, can you please explain a timeline of events? I'm having a hard time following, and your partial chat history without timestamps isn't making it any easier. As I understand, you agreed to some terms (I'm getting a headache trying to follow what I suspect is an ex post facto argument over the price), and one or both of you misunderstood or misrepresented them, prompting you to request the trade be reversed. Did you receive any payment? Do you have screenshots of this? Do you have any proof of the trade agreement, before the trade took place, particularly screenshots of the conversation in Steam?

@Kaisar Do you have screenshots of your conversation with the accused from before the trade was executed?

Can you please provide uncropped, unedited screenshots of your inventory history, taken from within the Steam client with the URL bar visible? If you don't have the URL bar visible within Steam, please enable it. To enable the URL bar, go to View -> Settings -> Interface. Check the box next to Display Steam URL address bar when available. To access your inventory history, hover over your name in the Steam window, and click Inventory. Click More -> View Inventory History. I need the full inventory history from the date before the transaction in question until right now.

I also need proof of your payment to PoorAsianBoy, in whatever fashion it was sent. As with the reporter, all evidence you provide must be uploaded to the forums as an attachment.

@PoorAsianBoy and @Kaisar To clarify policies here, we don't enforce prices at SteamRep. If the accused traded the items as agreed, and you confirmed, then it's not a scam. If there is some kind of misunderstanding, such as Steam wallet funds instead of PayPal, wrong price, items not as described, etc. which breaches a trade agreement, then the is obliged to return the items and is in no position to force the reporter to renegotiate. If the victim decides after a trade is completed they got a bad deal, regardless of whether it's really bad (or how bad) then it's buyer's remorse, and at the accused's discretion whether they wish to trade back.
  14. Kaisar

Kaisar New User

Steam:
    @Lava, Sorry, I don't have any screen shots, after the first trade went through it was all good. He inquired about some other stuff, I had to switch computers back and forth because like I said I just upgraded my rig and Steam kept deciding between letting me trade on my new computer, and then deciding I couldn't. In regards to the issue, pretty much the gist of it is he bought a Karambit Tiger tooth at 178 keys, I agreed to also giving him 65% market value on other items, he disagrees with my method of valuing the keys at $2.

The Karambit is in his possession, the keys were in mine. I sold the keys, and maybe an hour later or so we came to the conclusion that we could not agree on the vanilla Karambit's price, which I stated would be at $150 USD, and he stated it would be at $120 USD. Or my stating at 75 keys, and him at 60 keys. So he then asked me to refund him the Tiger Tooth, I refused, but eventually after he kept readding me and threatening to report me, e.t.c. I decided it wasn't worth the headache, I tried to trade him back, and you can see I linked a screenshot, it showed once again that Steam isn't allowing me to trade from this device for 7 days, I then had to set up my old computer yet again, took me about 15 minutes or so and by then he decided the refund was no good, and he'd rather pursue a report here. At least that is my account of the situation.

As you see above and in the chat log, I've been agreeing to disagree with him and offered him the Karambit Tiger Tooth/key trade back to essentially stop needing to deal with a situation that is based solely on my pricing vs his.

I've attached the screen shot of the only trade he and I completed, which is 178 CSGO keys (his) for a Karambit Tiger tooth (mine). Which was the original agreement.
    He offered initially to pay me 180 keys for the Karambit Tiger Tooth, When I accepted, he went down to 175, I met him at 178, and then said to him, I'll also be willing to give you 65% market value on any of my low tier knives. Which I did honor, and still will honor.

Attached Files:

• SS1.png
      SS1.png
      File size:
      361.9 KB
      Views:
    • SS2.png
      SS2.png
      File size:
      387.8 KB
      Views:
  15. Kaisar

Kaisar New User

Steam:
    Also to clarify, I did use a browser rather than the Steam Client to take a screen shot of the above trade, I couldn't zoom out in the Steam Client, so it would prove to be a very lengthy amount of pictures to show the amount of keys (178) that were traded. If this is not acceptable let me know and I have no issue attempting my best to take a few screenshots of every set of keys + the knife.
  16. PoorAsianBoy

PoorAsianBoy New User

Steam:
    Thanks for the fast response. I will not provide more proof unless it is needed and if I am being reported as my goal was reached. Whole point of this was to bring this situation to light as I do not know if steamrep admins deal with prices (which you say they do not).
    You on the other hand. Gee o gee how stubborn you are. From trader to trader as well as any other trader that can openly see this site will side in my favour and you know it ;P. I'll buy the low tiers 65% of market price on the market. Not on paypal. Or I can do 65% of paypal price on paypal. Seems fair? Hope you learned a lesson today. Don't start a fight you can't win and be stubborn about it just because you are such a "big" trader and start making excuses.
  17. PoorAsianBoy

PoorAsianBoy New User

Steam:
    O thought you wanted me to redo the whole thing. Yea I cud provide that information just a sec.
  18. PoorAsianBoy

PoorAsianBoy New User

Steam:
    1st one is the Full trade history. Other pictures is his agreement.

Attached Files:

19. PoorAsianBoy

PoorAsianBoy New User

Steam:
    Note : He was the one to bring up the agreement leading into yet another suspicious act when he pulled that trump card valuing keys @ 2USD
  20. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    So on receipt of payment, was there a disagreement about whether the agreed-upon price was paid, or was there a dispute about whether the price was fair? And did you sell the keys while the price was in dispute?
    Do you have the items he traded you, or not? If you sold them, when did this happen relative to the trade that took place, and relative to a dispute arising? Also, can you please provide a screenshot showing at minimum the start and end of this particular trade, taken from within Steam?

@PoorAsianBoy Can you please provide the rest of that conversation?