1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198046757343 (EITS | WhiteDott)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Genocidal, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Whitedott

Whitedott New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43245807
    So my paypal is a bit messy atm with all the refunds(most of them unrelated to TF2) so if I may ask whoever was recharged to post the amount of the original transaction, your paypal email, a link to your Steam rep or source ops rep page,and when the original transaction occurred, I'll have a much easier time paying everyone back. I'll be putting this information as well as an estimated time of payment into a google doc which I will link to this thread. Thanks for reading, and once again sorry about this mess. If you have any questions feel free to add me on steam
  2. x3nitro

x3nitro Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46374177
  3. Whitedott

Whitedott New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43245807
    Since my pay pal accounts have been frozen, I will be liquidating my tf2 assets into buds/keys to pay people back. Since that's all I really bought through paypal anyway, I need anyone who doesn't agree with this to let me know ASAP so we can find an alternate repayment method.
  4. CFGU || babykid

CFGU || babykid New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41864155
    Hello, it's me, Zenith013 or CFGU || babykid, you owe me approx. 90-100 USD in cash or items...
    I prefer things that are easy to sell via paypal, these things are keys and buds.

If you pay me back 3 buds and 4 keys I would be satisfied.

Message/Trade me as soon as you can.
  5. SunnySideUp

SunnySideUp New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43231432
    Just updating all of you, as his friend since he has been dealing with a lot of PayPal and Bank stuff, he has a trade ban at the moment since he was reported so he's going to be calling Valve I believe? To try and solve the issue.
  6. Skipper

Skipper Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:22238402
    If he is trade banned then there is nothing he can do. It's unappealable. He will have to wait out the ban.
  7. Genocidal

Genocidal New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:16102257
    I've seen a wrongful trade ban appealed with persistence, but it's an extreme exception to the rule. WhiteDott, how long is your trade ban for so we have an idea of the time frame we should expect?
    Mattie! likes this.
  8. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Also, please post the Google Doc you are using to track this (ideally just amounts and SteamIDs).

I highly recommend coming up with another way to repay quickly (e.g. MoneyPak) rather than wait for TF2 items or PayPal to lift.
  9. SunnySideUp

SunnySideUp New User

Steam:
    I'm just gonna respond for him again, I don't really know where he's at right now.. and I'm pretty invested in this since my rep thread is locked until he fixes his **** up -___-
    From what I know .I'm pretty sure his cards can't be activated with another site since they're being put "under investigation" by PayPal so essentially those cards/accounts are frozen. The reversed charges date back months so he's in deep water with Valve and then other companies so he's trying to assess all of this at once, but it's hard when it's a lot of things happening.. anyway I'm sure he can lift the ban with some persistence and if he explains to them the situation... so at the moment he is trying to find out who is willing to accept TF2 (i.e. buds keys and promos) and who is not so they can come up with another way to pay them back.. etc
  10. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    MoneyPak isn't another service using his "cards". It works like this:
    1. Go to a store and pay cash for a MoneyPak card in a specific amount (costs +$5) for one person.
    2. Give the code to the person you owe money to
    3. Confirm that the Recipient can deposit it into PayPal
    So this doesn't require him to have access to PayPal or Valve or anything like that himself. It's a handy way to transfer cash in situations like this.
  11. x3nitro

x3nitro Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46374177
    Hasn't been online for 42 hours +. I have a bad suspicion about this :/
  12. sripakdp

sripakdp New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:13595479
    If you don't want to pay multiple moneypack card, just give it to one person, and have that person gift the money to everyone else.
  13. tragicservers ♥

tragicservers ♥ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:31888870
    This is getting kinda crazy. How would charge backs be dated months ago unless someone personally called and reported each every single one charge? Things like that don't happen randomly...
  14. SunnySideUp

SunnySideUp New User

Steam:
    Yeah I'm sorry guys, but it's looking bleak.. I really do apologize.. :/
  15. Skyrider

Skyrider Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:11715230
    As far as I know, I received words that he is not planning to give any money back.
  16. Genocidal

Genocidal New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:16102257
    He's been online in the past couple of days. I've given plenty of time and patience and will be looking into what options are available to me. The amount to me personally isn't going to make it so I can't pay my bills but I'm not going to encourage this sort of behavior by doing nothing. Anyone else who was scammed that can contact me with verifiable amounts would be helpful -- theft over $950 is considered grand theft in California although I haven't done enough research to see if a string of incidents in a short period of time is considered the same as one larger incident or any additional severity for it happening across state and possibly country lines.

WhiteDott, (or Sunny, if you still have contact and can relay) if you're reading this consider this a final chance to contact people and make things right while I'm gathering information. The MoneyPak option listed above I'm sure would be agreeable to all involved if your Steam account is still frozen. I will also be on a business trip in the Bay Area in the near future if that makes things easier. I would really prefer to resolve this without getting third parties involved.
  17. SunnySideUp

SunnySideUp New User

Steam:
    I tried relaying and I told him about the IC3, but he merely brushed it off. The fact is, he stole money from his Dad so it would be kind of hard since it was stolen money and well yeah... His Steam account is frozen since he technically charged back Valve which is a big no-no and for some reason it doesn't show he's trade banned but I tried trading him since he owes me, but anyway yeah sorry guys and best of luck with making up for the lost money. As of right now, he has no intent to pay people back.
  18. CFGU || babykid

CFGU || babykid New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41864155
    White.Dott, you need to get back to me man, its been I think a month now and you havent paid me back in items nor cash.

You owe me 100 bucks of stuff man.