1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Prevention is better than cure (to avoid scammers)

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Crystal Nova - lce, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Crystal Nova - lce

Crystal Nova - lce New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44202883
    In Dota 2 game, there are a lot of trading sites offering the bump/up function for the users to promote or bringing up their posts. Whenever the post is brought to the top, in most cases...

1. There are people adding you directly once you bump/up your trade post
    2. The Steam profile of the person who add you is fully "PRIVATE"
    3. The Steam user who add you and you accepted his friend request starts chat by greeting you with "Sir"
    4. Their typo(s) for the name of item or amount of cash/money
    5. The achievements or game hours spent for the Dota 2 game is very less but requesting for valuable items
    6. There is no Dota 2 game in his Steam game(s) but he requests for Dota 2 item(s)

I've been through a lot of users on different trading sites of Dota items and there are many Steam users tend to scam others. I was a victim in last year. So, be careful guys. If have any thoughts or ideas to share, lets have a talk ~

TQ - GL HF
  2. m3]A[

m3]A[ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:61533793
    i dont have csgo game in my account but i still do trades of cs go items so i am a scammer? ur list still has flaws man
  3. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    Crystal Nova - lce likes this.
  4. m3]A[

m3]A[ New User

Steam:
    i also converse as sir if the other person has much more better stats than me in terms of reputations and so so i am a scammer u sayin this?
  5. Crystal Nova - lce

Crystal Nova - lce New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44202883
    Well, not really must suspect a person by every mean point right? Of course it has flaws.
    Well, what I had listed down are just referring to the majorities of people I met on Steam for Dota 2 game. :)
  6. Yossef the Brony

Yossef the Brony New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:24859915
    Well, your account is level 4, no game badges, literally just 2 games (both of them f2p), 86.4 hrs of dota in the past 2 weeks (most likely farmed).
    I can say that your acc looks like if it was of some scammer.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  7. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    because he IS an unmarked scammer alt...

| steamname: POO[with double O]
    | steam3ID: [U:1:162332754]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:81166377
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198122598482
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198122598482

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  8. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Not anymore...
    Roudydogg1 and Salmon like this.
  9. You Are The One

Steam:
    ;)
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  10. prodigyaustralia

prodigyaustralia New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52814116
    Another one of his Alt's is unmarked too:
    | steamname: -_-
    | steam3ID: [U:1:227848699]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:113924349
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198188114427
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198188114427

He listed it here.
    Enstage likes this.
  11. You Are The One

Steam:
    Saw that one on SRs backend but was not solid enough of a connection, didn't occur to me to check the forums for him posting it. I dont have access anymore to tag it but will let someone know to tag asap.

edit: and deny the mod app
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  12. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    SR is supposed to be going mainly educational at some point.
  13. m3]A[

m3]A[ New User

Steam:
    hello i would like to clarify myself in here tho i am banned i would put up an appeal too
    i will answer each and every questions
    ans1: i had my semester eaxms so i couldnt play and then i had vacations for about a month so i couldnt play either but i almost have 3k (2953) hours played

this account i have stopped using since the day it was banned it was banned long way back almost year or even earlier due to use of other members reputation thread but this account i dont use it anymore so i didnt state it

and about this account this account is what we call a practise account i play in gaming cafes so we wer givin extra accounts as practise account so u can practise new heroes or some heroes like voker meepo etc tht need practise this account is used by many players in the cafe i was using it when i joined SR community so i did state this account
  14. m3]A[

m3]A[ New User

Steam:
    i accept of scamming a way back
    but then people do change and they understand after i join SR community read each report i understood how it feels to be scammed so i did quit scamming also i put up my personel tym to review each and every report related to dota 2 so m not any fool to put up my own time and review them try to help them personally guiding them on how to write reports and advicing them u can read the comment on my profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198083333315/ written by player whum i have helped
  15. m3]A[

m3]A[ New User

Steam:
    anyways i would write and appeal in more breif manner and let u judge me thnk u
  16. Yossef the Brony

Steam:
    You need to appeal using your main/original account, just letting you know.
    Well, since you admitted that you're a scammer,
    I can say, yep, you are a scammer, and your account have all the specs of a regular scammer nowadays.
    gg son
  17. m3]A[

m3]A[ New User

Steam:
    yes i did scamming before i joined SR and yah after tht i repayed victims whom i could find and also as guilt i gave my time to review each and every report posted here on SR and tried helping them yes i scammed 90% of people try to do it until and unless they have been givin authority or responsibility there are also casses of admins and mods cught doin frauds and scams so yah not evry persn can be 100% clean but they can try to be clear of themselves and accpt mistakes and instead of repeating them lear from them and be a better person mayb thts y every forum has an appeal section wch gives forgiveness to the guilty if they find them eligible enuf to be forgiven
  18. m3]A[

m3]A[ New User

Steam:
    and when u have frnds offc they try to tell u ezy ways to obtain high grade items when ur new to the game and have nothing offc u feel to get good items and have much better items than other players and also i would blame the illogical drop system for tht
  19. Yossef the Brony

Steam:
    So, some people told you to steal stuff and you went and steal?
    Your parents/teachers/family/relatives didn't teach you what is wrong or right?
    And even worst, you blame the drop system...

Sorry son, no excuse
  20. m3]A[

m3]A[ New User

Steam:
    pls dont go on my parents man with due respect i take it in bad way still i wil answer u when i did scam i had no idea tht money was included in the items i just scammed for petty reasons but tht was long time ago when i had just strted playing dota and i was an newbie offc ur buyer u got evrything by buying stuff do u even trade if u have ever only traded not put up money then u will understnd how hard it is negotiating with fools and doin trades so only took an easier way wch was wrong i accept it m not denying but tht was like long way back when i had strtd playing the game now i dont do such stuff cuz i understnd the other person