1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Steam Wallet Code

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by AwesomeHobo, Jul 14, 2015.

1. AwesomeHobo

AwesomeHobo New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:85948156
    So couple days ago, I was playing on a trading server and some guy that was VIP dropped a steam wallet code (20$) in chat, I redeemed it instantly, the day later I told one admin on that server what happened and he said he's really sorry to tell me this but the code was purchased from a hacked paypal, I was wondering if I could get trade banned, if not, what could happen, thanks for the help guys.
  2. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    Contact Steam support. SteamRep is not affiliated with Valve and cannot help you with stuff like this.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Might get your account locked (inaccessible) till payment issues are solved... so best ask steam support to remove the addition of that code. I'm not familiar with the money mechanics behind those codes etc and if those will be retracted when charged back etc.

So best to remove it, to end the risk to your account. If you already used the money out of it, you better top up your steam wallet to above the amount that got added b4 steam support removes it.
  4. AwesomeHobo

AwesomeHobo New User

Steam:
    What if I'd ask them to remove all the items that were purchased with that wallet code, which is 17 keys, would they be able to do it, and would it "remove" the chance of me getting banned ?
  5. Salmon

Steam:
    How did you get 17 keys with a $20 code?
  6. AwesomeHobo

AwesomeHobo New User

Steam:
    I had 42$ and the 20$ somehow was used on all of the keys.
  7. Salmon

Steam:
    So your $42.5 in your account - $20 of which was from the code - was used to buy keys? So 8 keys came from the code?
  8. AwesomeHobo

AwesomeHobo New User

Steam:
    For some reason it says all of the keys were bought with the use of the 20$.
  9. Salmon

Steam:
    Picture?
  10. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    I am aware of this issue. I have already been investigating it and trying to compile more evidence. If you have anything you believe might help, feel free to pm it to me here on the forums.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  11. AwesomeHobo

AwesomeHobo New User

Steam:
  12. AwesomeHobo

AwesomeHobo New User

Steam:
    I requested a refund on the items I've bought and I have 42$ in my pending balance, I asked them to delete the items I've bought with the code and they responded with : http://prntscr.com/7sx3r1
    Roudydogg1 likes this.