1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561197975691773 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by [T4L] ƒly or đie ☁, Jul 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [T4L] ƒly or đie ☁

[T4L] ƒly or đie ☁ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:61204070
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561197975691773

Victim profile: 76561198082673868

What happened? Description:
    [7/13/15] Riddles,( who has since changed his name to James, and changed his custom profile link) advertises he is buying unusual hats for paypal money on tf2outpost.com. His policy was that I would go first, and he would pay afterwards. He seemed to have high rep on his profile from paypal trading, so I agreed. I send the hats over, then he claims that he sends money in paypal. When I don't receive any (after waiting over 2 hours), I ask him to send me a screenshot. He then sends me this link(http://imgur.com/gY4NaZG), which had been pre-censored with red lines to prevent me from seeing any information which might have directed me to believing it was or wasn't a payment to me. I tell him that doesn't give me any information and ask him to email me a picture (he didn't of course). I tell him that I will be on the next day and we can finish then. [7/14/15] I check my email at about 9:00AM US eastern time, and found an email with a ".jpg" file. Without thinking I opened it, and no picture was displayed. I immediately realized what had happened and scanned my computer with antivirus. Sure enough, it found a virus originating from the file, so I deleted it. I didn't have time to confront james now about it before I had to leave. I got home at about 7:00PM in a hurry to see a response. I located his profile to find that he had unfriended and blocked me.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. [T4L] ƒly or đie ☁

Steam:
    sorry some of my pictures didn't show up. Screenshot (1).png Screenshot (2).png Screenshot (3).png Screenshot (4).png Screenshot (5).png Screenshot (7).png Screenshot (8).png Screenshot (9).png Screenshot (10).png Screenshot (11).png Screenshot (12).png Screenshot (13).png Screenshot (14).png Screenshot (15).png Screenshot (16).png
  3. [T4L] ƒly or đie ☁

Steam:
    more pictures.

Attached Files:

4. McFeely

McFeely New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52959963
    thanks for getting this report so fast, this guy just added me for some paypal related stuff and your report is the only one on him that i can see. Hes not on rn and hasnt messaged me yet, but ill see if he tries anything on me. Hes got like 10 years on steam so he seems trustworthy but you never know!
  5. [T4L] ƒly or đie ☁

Steam:
    Well I'm glad I could help someone, I pretty much know I'm not getting my items back, just want to help out other people. It's so hypocritical, how he says he hates scammers on his profile.
  6. Zuice!

Zuice! Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:56599405
    This guy added me again to buy some knives, good thing I saw this I ran a background check before trading with him.
    I lol'd at the report tho:

"Myth? A Jpeg/jpg file can contain a virus"
    A picture or photo in your PC can have different file extensions, such as jpeg, bmp, etc. Myths and legends say that a photo itself cannot contain a virus and it cannot infect your PC. A projected virus created using a stenography program out of any file, with a different file extension is not believed to contain a virus. These photos and pictures are a soft target for stenography programmers looking to infect a large database. It involves concealing data in different means, like in pictures, audio, or even concealed backdrop disturbance such as radio waves. You cannot receive or send viruses through images that include jpegs, .gifs, etc. but can you send or receive viruses through executable files like .exe, .scrg, etc.

Unless you were absolutely sure it was some kind of picture with like (picture.jpeg.exe, or something like that) then it was probably just a normal picture.
  7. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    [T4L] ƒly or đie ☁,
    Take another picture of your all activity screen from Paypal for the past month. Make sure the url bar is visible at the top of the page.
  8. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  9. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**

Attached Files:

10. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello @[T4L] ƒly or đie ☁,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click "More" drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose "Report Violation"
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click "Submit Report"

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.