1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198012605514 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by nyiddle, Sep 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyiddle

nyiddle New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:9320938
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Other cash fraud (webmoney, bitcoin, etc)
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198012605514

Victim profile: 76561197978907605

What happened? Description:
    He added me through Reddit, said he was verified by mods as being a trustworthy trader. Offered 600$ on Skrill + a M4A4 Howl for my M9 Bayonet Slaughter ST MW. Traded the Howl, but then sent me a phoney screenshot of Skrill. Proceeded to block me on Steam, and change his URL (even though I already had his ID from Reddit..)

He had done trades before that worked fine, it's obvious he was trying to get ahold of a quick buck and jumped at the opportunity to jack my knife. Fraud was completed.​

Provide Evidence:
    So, the one chat box that actually had the FULL agreement was cropped (I did it when I took the screenshot, only afterwards realizing you'd probably need my entire screen for proof I didn't tamper with the image). That said though, you'll see in the full-screen screenshots that he was agreeing to send me $600. He blocked me on Steam, and Steam has no way of me going through the chat logs for someone who blocked me, so there's no way for me to get a full-page screenshot again. Also you'll see in the Skrill screenshot (which he sent to me, after saying he had sent the money), that the transaction to my email ([email protected]) is dated wrong! As soon as I noticed that, I said "Hey you're not trying to f✿✿✿ me over are you?" and he blocked me on Steam. The other screenshot of Skrill is my Skrill account, with nothing in it (of course, since his Skrill screenshot was clearly falsified). Also, I cropped my Skrill screenshot just because the file size was 3mb (too much). I can provide additional screenshot evidence as necessary. ALSO! Attaching my trade history as proof that I did trade him for the Howl (also cropped due to filesize).

View attachment 146458 View attachment 146459 View attachment 146460 View attachment 146461

Attached Files:

2. Weisbrod220

Weisbrod220 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43571957
    I was chatting with nyiddle before all of this went down and verified this was a reputable trader. Him being blocked form the account that took his knife, he cannot get a screenshot of the inventory showing the knife. But i did and the screenshot is below. knifestealer.PNG

you will see I put the time in and his entire inventory showing the knife that was taken from nyiddle
  3. frankie

frankie Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26169893
    I payed the dude 475 euros as we agreed, but he later decided it was too little, and that his knife was worth more than howl and 475 euros. He wanted 50 euros more, I declined and went on to remove and block him. He reported me out of spite i guess. nydd.jpg
  4. nyiddle

nyiddle New User

Steam:
    We never discussed that. You also changed the date on this screenshot from the one you sent me in the chat. I'll gladly provide another screenshot of my still-empty Skrill account.
  5. nyiddle

nyiddle New User

Steam:
    Just occurred to me, he probably didn't photoshop the picture, just used the "inspect elements" feature in Chrome.

Attached Files:

6. nyiddle

nyiddle New User

Steam:
  7. Monkey 2

Monkey 2 Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:28883801
    @nyiddle thank you for your report. Before I proceed i will need some corrections in the information provided.

Fist i will need a full screenshot of the chat non cropped..
    Secondly i need a full screenshot of the item inventory history with the url. A spoiler will be provided to show you how to do it.
    Third, can you show an updated SKRILL screenshot of all transactions.

1?-Open the Steam Browser by double clicking the steam icon in the tray in lower right corner of your screen.
    2?-On top left, open menu "Steam" and select "Settings".
    3?-On the new Settings dialog box, select "Interface" and enable the tick in front of "Display Steam URL address bar when available".
    4?-Click "OK" to close the Steam Settings dialog, applying the setting.

Making the screenshot:
    -In the Steam Browser, go to your Inventory, by clicking your Nickname in the top middle and selecting "Inventory"
    -On top right, click the "More" button that is shown above the game labels for the various inventories you have, and select "View Inventory History".
    -Seek the trade that relates to this on the number of pages you have (look below for the requirements).
    -Go to the start menu and type in the seek box "snipping", you will find in Vista and later the "Snipping Tool", click it to start it. It directly wants to make a screenshot. Select the full window excluding the very top of the steam browser window where your LOGIN name is shown. But INCLUDE the Nickname, the steam URL bar fully, both sides and full bottom of the steam browser.
    -Click the "Diskette" icon, or click "File" and then "Save As...", and save it to your desktop.
    -Come back here and make a reply.
    -Drag the image into the reply on the forum from the desktop.
    Requirements of the screenshot(s):
    -Exclude the Login name and steam wallet amount that is on the very top right.
    -MUST show the Steam URL in top left.
    -MUST show the NICKNAME in top middle.
    -MUST show the Steam window fully from left side to the right side of the window.
    -MUST show the related trade from the day before to up to at least 2 days after the trade or current date if that is earlier.
    -MUST show to the bottom of the steam browser window.
    -You are NOT to edit the screenshot, and NOT to blank out anything.
    Example: will be attached

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**

Attached Files:

8. nyiddle

nyiddle New User

Steam:
    Wow. A response like.. A year later. It's not like it matters, this dude is clearly a prolific scammer. In the time its taken you guys to process this he has scammed 4+ people under various accounts. He has likely been able to feed his whole family with knives. As another member says, he must have a friend here at SteamRep.

I don't know how you expect me to give you a full screenshot of the conversation. Is there any way to look at "chat history"?

Attached Files:

9. Monkey 2

Monkey 2 Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:28883801
    @nyiddle if you could please provide the screenshot for the inventory from your steam application. It will provide a better screenshot and show the URL as well like shown on my previous upload.
    As for the delay, i do apologize on the asking for the chat, i just realized when you submitted the report.
  10. nyiddle

nyiddle New User

Steam:
    The screenshot I provided does indeed show the URL, as the Steam browser behaves exactly the same as any other browser. I am on my work computer.

I'll take a screenshot (if necessary) through the Steam application when I get home.
  11. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    This report has been found to have no response for an extended period of time.

Either additional evidence or information was requested at which no reply was made and therefore the report will be marked Archived.
    You are welcome to submit a new report with what was requested here along with all other evidence provided and an explanation as to why you were unable to respond to the first report.

Please be sure to follow our Screenshot Guide/Requirements prior to remaking this report or any others in the future and to follow our Investigative Policy as noted.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.