1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198113446533 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Previously Banned Reports' started by Cardeal, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Cardeal

Cardeal Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42873498
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198113446533

Victim profile: 76561198046012724

What happened? Description:
    Well i put up a trade on csgolounge to get a butterfly knife. I eventually trade it but later i got added by a guy that claimed to trade me a karambit slaughter ft for 2 of my knifes. Karambit slaughter is a pretty expensive knife with much more value than my knifes so right away it sounded so fishy but i decided to play along because i want to help community to be scammer free.

So here's the scam, nothing new neither fancy. He tells that i need to trade 2 knifes to a friend of mine so he can check if the knife is bugged. I told him i could do it so i called in a friend to play along even know it was a scam attempt. I invited my friend into our chat and in a few seconds the scammer changes avatar and name of alt account to impersonate my friend and starts spamming me trade offers. I accepted and even put in the knifes but of course i didn't accept the trade.

His alt to impersonate my friend:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198114498046/

Provide Evidence:
    im uploading the screenshots of chat and profiles.

friend account.png = my friend profile
    scammer alt impersonator.png = scammer alt impersonator
    scammer atempt.png = chat and profile of scammer

Attached Files: