1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198082429597 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Markers, Aug 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Markers

Markers New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:35807771
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198082429597

Victim profile: 76561198031881271

What happened? Description:
    The scammer sends trade offer including the item, which is overpay for my item so i agree. But the item is an special item with no apparent "not marketable" tags on it, so upon receiving the item it becomes clear it's worthless. This is a (apparently) a known scam. (https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensiveTrade/comments/3gm9mo/psa_rust_sandbox_game_shirt_scam/)​

Provide Evidence:
    The item has no "no-marketable" tags on the trade offer window, which would make it worth around 40$ on the market, but once the trade completes it becomes clear item is worthless because its non-marketable. This is apparently a known scam. https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensiveTrade/comments/3gm9mo/psa_rust_sandbox_game_shirt_scam

Attached Files:

2. Markers

Markers New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:35807771
    I gave him the benefit of the doubt and tried to contact him but he blocked the account of mine he scammed. I added him with another account and he just blocked me again when he understood it was me again.

NOT an honest mistake, this guy clearly is a scammer.

Attached Files:

3. Flippers #MonobrowAlife

Flippers #MonobrowAlife New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:58684328
    Or, you're just too silly to check the items that you are trading... If he was a scammer he'd have more -rep on here, this is his first time, so it's probably a mistake...
  4. alkon

alkon SteamRep Moderator

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:54985637
    Hello, sorry for the wait.

There is not much we can do in such case as it seems like the person never claimed it wasn't not tradable or anything like it.
    On top of that the provided screenshots are also not full screen, which goes against the screenshot submission guidelines.
    With that in mind, the report will be sent to declined.

Regardless, thank you for reporting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.