1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198124152886 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Previously Banned Reports' started by W@sp, Sep 29, 2015.

1. W@sp

W@sp Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:5384614
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198124152886

Victim profile: 76561197971034957

What happened? Description:
    I was contacted by a third party (DarkPotato) who was contacted by the accused in an attempt to trade a knife. He quickly realized someone was impersonating my account (a screenshot of his conversation with the accused is attached). When you visit the accused's steam profile (screenshot attached), he has the same avatar and name as me and all his steam / cash rep links point to my rep pages. However, I do not know this person and have no association with him whatsoever. He is also blacklisted on SR and elsewhere as well.

No harm has been done yet, but I wanted to make SR aware of this imposter and add another fraud to his list of misdeeds.​

Provide Evidence:
    DarkPotato's conversation with the accused. Luckily, DarkPotato realized something was wrong before any harm was done:
    View attachment 328970

The accused's steam profile page, using my avatar / name and inventory / steam / cash rep links:

View attachment 328971

This is my profile page, updated to warn people of this scammer:

View attachment 328972

Attached Files: