1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Message to SteamRep

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by man123, Aug 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. man123

man123 Banned

Dear SteamRep,

Are you kidding me? This is the most pathetic thing I have ever seen in TF2 EVER.

A scammer database site is a smart idea, I just wish it was other people who made SteamRep. Now why?

Well... Letme start it here. Your website is the most corrupt pile of s✿✿✿ ever. Your rules are completelly bullshit and f✿✿✿ alot of people over. Including me. Half of the listed scammers on this site are listed for no reason. Yes, It is your website so technically you can do whatever you want, but if your going to run a extremely popular scammer database, why cant you do it right? Your rules of listing people are unfair. Listing people for using a map? Because they did a trade with a scammer? Because their suspicious or have an alternate account? Give me a break. Stop being a bunch of greedy a✿✿✿✿✿✿s, ruining people reputation as a good person for reasons other then scamming. It's ridiculous! Mainly though I blame people for being dumb enough to support you scums. Anywho, Supporters of this so called "Scammer Database", don't take my word for it. You'll see one day. SteamRep, Why can't you do "Job" right? Be fair and not f✿✿✿ people over ruining their reputation for reasons unfair. And stop being so hippocritical breaking your own rules trading with scammers and such and then listing people as scammers who do the same. It's really unprofessional. Come on now. Heres the best proof I can get seeing as it is to late to get other proof: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198023271596 Wow. He got listed for a fair reason (sarcasm) http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198043819159 and so did he! (sarcasm again) http://tf2-trader.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=takhvb46g15ntfa3vp8q95rud5&topic=10611.0 that sure is a fair reason for them innocent people to get listed! (once again sarcasm). Pathetic. SteamRep, Your the worst thing that happened to TF2. f✿✿✿ you and all of your admins, you no good corrupt piece of s✿✿✿s.

No, wait, Letme guess, I'm getting another reason added to my profile of how much of a scammer I am? Saying my opinion on SteamRep will obviouslly get me a scammer tag. Yeah. Thats fair. Real fair (sarcasm). Thats just how some people are in this world I guess.

I don't care if i'm being unprofessional, Your being corrupt hippocrates. You all know what you do.

Go ahead and close this and "Report" me for "Lowballing" or "Sharking" or another one of your random f✿✿✿✿✿✿ reasons to f✿✿✿ people. I just wanted to give my opinion.

Thanks for ruining my TF2 trading experience.

f✿✿✿ you and f✿✿✿ all of your supporting communities and people.
    D2Girls likes this.
  2. [Strut Sec] Bruceatsr44

[Strut Sec] Bruceatsr44 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40275477
    I second this. I'd have made a post like this a long time ago but I could never come up with enough quips about SR to calm myself and I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so it never happened.
  3. Backseatsman

Backseatsman New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:31430526
    I suppose I might aswell put my piece in here, as JAG took over ASBO when they faded away. They got tagged because the map is protected and using it is an offence, and almost the same as scamming someone's hard work by just going into an editor and copying and pasting it. As for the other 2 then all I see is cautions, not scammer tags which seem fair as they are "cautioning" people to be alert of the person with a high number of scammer friends or they are "cautioning" people to be alert that someone trades with a high number of scammers which I think is fair enough and at the end of the day is keeping the community more safe.

As for the rest I can not say much more than I am truely disgusted at you better this here, and furthermore posting tons of false facts which you clearly did not check our first.

Many thanks,

-Backseat
    Roudydogg1 and Melkor like this.
  4. Melkor

Melkor New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45978671
    First of all read this: http://forums.steamrep.com/pages/faq/
    Then think about yourself and say me how can be community at least little safe when we won't warn people somehow? The communities chose to be affiliated to SR and keep aside people like you.
    I wouldn't be surprised if you would be tagged as a scammer as only people who are marked or aware of tags are always complaining about this useful site and sayin that it's "joke" to them or cannot be taken seriously. Also keep in mind that every scammer HAS a 1 chance to appeal his tag/s if he think that they were given wrongly:

"You should appeal if you feel the evidence is incorrect or you feel the penalty is too harsh."

From what I know if you steal something what is copyrighted it's illegal. The map is NOT public and was made by Kevin for just ASBO/JAG personal uses.
    Caution is like a warning - why would someone has so many friends tagged as scammers? Because they're his friends who are innocent?
    If admins have a scammers in they friends list it's because of this:

(admins might list scammers for appeals or complaints)

Also: "Steamrep, Your the worst thing that happened to TF2" - You have to know that Valve has access to the whole database and that there are also Valve employees affiliated with SR.
  5. Champelliot

Champelliot New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:36236835
    Oh dear, where can I start...
    First and foremost, "half" of the scammers listed here are legitimate (if one could use the word) scammers, there are in some rare cases people who 'have' been tagged for no apparent reason, but that is why SR has the appeal function. Furthermore, since SR hands out association tags (for example when people are marked TF2OP or MCT scammers) SR invests it's trust that these communities will correctly. In the case where someone is a marked scammer with no links to evidence 'whatsoever' then I completely agree with you, unsupported tags should be removed, reviewed and acted upon accordingly.

In terms of the map, Backseat above me provided a perfect explanation as to why copying someone else's work is on par with scamming.

Thirdly, please provide proof of Admins here or mods trading with scammers, odds are you won't be able to find any. As is mentioned in here, trading with scammers as an offense, generally has a minimum cap of 1 bud of items, or any form of RL currency. Obviously, it's better practice to check everyone.

Next, on the terms of being marked, ahem, mentlegen, cautioned for having a high number of scammer friends, as far as I know (and wait for an admin response on this) people are no longer marked for having large numbers of scammer friends anymore, but it is quite suspicious.

Finally, you aren't going to be marked for voicing an opinion, that goes without saying. (How did you come up with a sharking tag?)

You're opinion that SR ruins your trading experience is completely subjective, many are prevented from being scammed from this database.
    You're final line reminds of Zephaniah's Will.
  6. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    Yu-Gi-Oh got tagged for trading with scammers. He recieved a Caution tag from TF2OP which is completely within their boundaries and they absolutely would not do it without grounds.

Slacker was an alt of a spycrab scammer. He was not marked for stealing a map, he was marked for scamming on another account. That most likely wouldn't be known if the map wasn't stolen, but it's got nothing to do with why he was marked.

Finally, if you're going to call us names/call us out, be a man and link your steam account.
  7. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

1. Marking accounts with high number of Scammers in their Friends list.
    This has happened occasionally, and as far as I'm aware, it happens still rarely. Most cases with these are that the combined information suggest a alt, but not enough to prove it.

2. Marking for "Sharking", "Lowballing".
    We don't mark for sharking or lowballing. If there are, then that tag can be removed via an appeal.

3. Strut Sec
    Explain your affiliation with Happy Parazit, a known scammer, and "Strut Sec" had to do with some suspected hacking afaik.

4. JAG & ASBO.
    ASBO quit somewhere February. JAG didn't "take" over. JAG was a existing CS community where Bottswana became admin with, and he started up a Trade server there and asked Kevin permission on usage of the map, which he got.

5. Tag of GHS.
    I tried to reason with them, they chose to let their lunatic "Slacker" to do their "defense", which was baseless. I ended up marking them with Caution tags, not entirely for the map issues, but also for sustaining a baseless stance, and as that thread went, never acted to get it to the right direction. I really would not let any admin run loose like that in name of a community I'd be adminning on. So yes, in part they got marked Caution for not being able to see any right or wrong.
    I've in my capacity as Admin on ASBO asked a lot of communities to stop using/hosting it, most where happy to oblige. GHS was one where they didn't see reason.

6. Incorrect tags without proof or sustainability.
    As has been said, such can easily appeal their tags.

7. Valve Access to SR.
    Not true. Valve employees are checked vs their steam group, and tagged accordingly to be "Valve employee". The Valve Trade Ban and Trade Caution are picked up from the STEAM API, and shown on their profile in SR. The wording was discussed with our contact. As this status is fully automatic, as soon as its gone, its removed from SR. The only thing SR does with those is storing that status in the historical views.

Valve doesn't need access to the SR database, and they don't have it. We have provided information to Valve voluntary on occasion when the situation was something we felt Valve should be aware ASAP and be able to handle. But as far as I'm aware Valve or their employees have NEVER asked us for any information. We don't provide everything we have, for simply its too much to do.

So we communicate with Valve, on occasion, but its nowhere near a daily routine. We contact them maybe once every 2 weeks. I have been doing such on rare occasion, and others have been. We just don't want to waste such contacts on daily routine stuff.

8. General.
    SR is a Community of admins, while we are admins, we still can make mistakes, and as far as I'm aware of, they will correct it if they found some to be in error. There may be misinterpreting of rules or evidence, but thats up for a appeal.

Did you know that there where other attempts before? Before SR was there, there was a SourceBans clone project that handled scammers, they had bout 20 "verified" scammers in there, and had nowhere the open features of SR. That one is completely gone. Bout a year ago there was a "tf2rep" or something, that was started from the protests back then from ppl with simular unfounded issues. It got build and they had listed at top 24 scammers, and after those 24 they just stopped to add scammers. And thats the problem with any of those initiatives. SR has what those others didn't do, admins that are dedicated and work their asses off to do reports, appeals, research etc. And the most important part: they continue to do so.

Are we perfect? nope, but any body can follow what we do, and admins of recognized communities have at times asked about questionable bans why they where banned. We gave answer with our evidence that wasn't shown, and only on very rare cases it turned out to be unjust.

9. Claims of "half" the marked accounts are "listed for no reason".
    lol, really? I dare say its way less then 2 %.
    Roudydogg1, metoxys and HelenAngel like this.
  8. Starburst

Starburst New User

9. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19877328
    SR used to have different rules on cautions and such, which is why you see the occasional caution for micspamming or whatnot (UHC & UTC mostly). These are no longer valid and can be appealed, just like the "high number of scammer friends".
    HelenAngel and DataStorm like this.
  10. Moose M.D

Moose M.D New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:35634275
    aces, i dont really care about me getting marked on this website or anything, but you posted a video on how to shark and take advantage of people, so i dont even know who made you moderator and why.
  11. Moose M.D

Moose M.D New User

Steam:
    let me just post a link before something happens to it
  12. Melkor

Melkor New User

Steam:
    Uploaded by AcesGamer on Dec 18, 2011
    Prices has changed a lot...
  13. Moose M.D

Moose M.D New User

Steam:
    yea but still, its the thought that counts
    lol
  14. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    I'm not sure I understand. There is absolutely no sharking in that video. If you're referring to prices, like Melkor said, that video was uploaded almost 8 months ago when prices were drastically different.

Last time I checked, getting a good deal =/= sharking.

Basically what you're saying is that there is no way to make profit in TF2 without being a shark.
    Melkor likes this.
  15. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    That's just flipping stupid... that video is in no way sharking but really how TRADING works. This idea of BUY/SELL based on values is what is wrong with people. I've traded up from simple craft hats to buds - takes time but you can do it and there is not a damn thing wrong with it.

I reckon this guy did the biggest shark ever right?
    http://jalopnik.com/5591644/how-a-17 year old-craigslist swapped-an-old-phone-for-a-porsche

It's all about who you talk to for TRADING and each person getting what they want out of the TRADE.
    This whole thread dropped me down a few notches for IQ.....please beat me with a wooden spoon.
  16. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    I wonder why the OP has his nose so far out of joint :)

No one is claiming SR is perfect, nor could it ever be. However I can attest to the fact those SR people I know, work very diligently to get it right, to the best of their ability.

Not everyone will always agree with decisions or methodology, but the majority of users can be very thankful we have an entity that strives to protect individuals and overall does a very commendable job for little thanks and no financial gain. I for one am very thankful that SR exists and I encourage everyone in the community to contribute as they are able to make it even better for all of us.
    Roudydogg1 and Melkor like this.
  17. Moose M.D

Moose M.D New User

Steam:
    So giving people a lot less for their items then they are worth is not sharking? From my point of view it is, the only thing is, there's no specific searching up and targeting. You are basically telling people how to rip off young players in this video. By the way that's what people are doing these days, 8 months later and people are randomly adding me, trying to trade me a bunch of s✿✿✿ for a bills hat.
  18. Melkor

Melkor New User

Steam:
    It's called reselling.
    Buying items in X prices and selling them for Y prices.
    Everyone does that.
    Sharking would be offering 1 weapon for crate #40 for an example or saying that the high-valued items are nearly worthless.
  19. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    Sharking is lying about the value of your item.

Tell me, how do you, yourself, make any profit at all without labeling yourself as a shark by your own definition.
  20. Mathusala_Honeysuckle

Mathusala_Honeysuckle New User

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.