1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Message to SteamRep

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by man123, Aug 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [Strut Sec] Bruceatsr44

[Strut Sec] Bruceatsr44 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40275477
    He is a very cool Russiaman who I greatly admire (Though do not aspire to become, don't let your silly little head blow this out of proportion) and although a good friend to me, causes me a lot of trouble as many believe him to be a scammer. This is even farther worsened by the fact that SR uses a unique Mexico logic system (*Diego* ??) whereas the law of the web-land is "Guilty until proven otherwise". It's quite an inconvenience considering the backup on the appeal system. All in all This website is a general f***up in my opinion.

About Strut Sec, before I begin I would like to ask:

""Strut Sec" had to do with some suspected hacking" What? WHAT? It's an innocent little club! I think you need to check your f***ing facts sir because everything you just said shows exactly the kind of misinformation SR seems to welcome and operate by on a daily basis.

I hope Valve recognizes the catastrophe here and unaffiliates themselves with this s***hole because, Dame.
  2. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

one word: bullshit.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  3. Mathusala_Honeysuckle

Mathusala_Honeysuckle New User

Parazit is one tru gansta thug, fo sho! He is the tru Hooga7 - on steam ofc, not on YT!
  4. Mathusala_Honeysuckle

Mathusala_Honeysuckle New User

Parazit was never even a member of SS
  5. man123

man123 Banned

1. Do you really think its fair to list someone for having listed scammers added as friends? People mainly use this site to check someones reputation before a trade to see if they can be trusted, once they see their listed as a scammer it f✿✿✿s it up for them even if they didn't scam.

2. Thats a lie. You do mark people for sharking and lowballing.

3. Why are you bringing him/her into this?

4. I'm guessing your saying this because of the GHS/ASBO map incident which as you can see doesn't seem fair at all for using a map which is not copyrighted.

5. Ok, so they deserve a caution tag for not reasoning? Some new comer will check Slackers reputation here on SteamRep for a trade and will see Slacker listed as caution. They will say "Oh, well looks to me like hes listed as caution so he must have done something bad, I don't want to trade with him he will probably scam me." That will just add another person hating him for being listed as caution for a reason not fair.

6. Ok, It can be appealed. Only 1 chance though? Not very fair if you ask me.

7. I never said anything about Valve being afflicted with you.

8. Sure, everyone makes mistakes and that's fine. But with what i've seen from this community, It's ridiculous. A Scammer Database is a great idea in my opinion, I just want one that actually gives right tags for right reasons. This is my main problem with SteamRep. Sure you help the community in some ways, but in other ways you f✿✿✿ others reputation which isn't very fair.

9. Bullshit. I go on this website sometimes just to look through the "Latest Scammers" and I see them listed without any proof. Sure, maybe you have seen some proof, or witnessed the scam, but atleast put the proof there so when people go to check this persons reputation they can see what he/her did. This way these people can actually deserve to be called a scammer. I mean for gods sake a friend of my friend was listed as caution for using Diego's avatar. No impersonation attempt with profile, name change, or anything. Just the avatar. That has NOTHING to do with scamming or suspicion of scamming which is what scammer tags and caution tags should be for.

I mainly blame the people though for actually listening and following you like the no brain idiots they are.

Either do it right or don't do it at all.
  6. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

1. its a CAUTION, not a scammer tag. You really cant seem to understand that all tags can be SEPARATELY appealed, we of SR require that other tags have been appealed outside SR first. Regardless outcome.

2. we really dont.

3. For I saw another member with that tag? not everything was toward you.

4. You should read copyright law, and this time with a better attention span. Copyright lies with the maker. Just as this post is fully copyrighted by me, and with the agreement that is on the forum one allows that copyright to be resided on this forum. Everything one writes or draws or creates is copyrighted, by AUTOMATIC, no registration required. The maker of that map has all the proof that he created it, with all the images, and pre-art work he created to draw that map. He created it, and therefore its copyrighted by him. Why do you think that valve sends a mapmaker a contract for non-exclusive usage of the map when they intent to include their map in the game? Really, so ill-informed.

5. Slacker is marked Scammer if I recall, for a alt of him scammed. This was previously mentioned in this thread by Chaos.

6. 1 appeal per offense yes, in general by a admin that didn't handle the related report or is related to the case. Exceptions are there, but in general we've enough trust in the other admins to know that if they are too close to a case, they will not take it on. And that admin will look at all available evidence. If the evidence is lacking, the appeal will be granted. In cases it can be looked at by yet another admin to verify that all was done right, but we don't call that a appeal, for its a check if the admin did his/her work right. The reason for only one appeal? well, lets not keep wasting each others time... We can appreciate the new input or insight, but 99.999 % doesn't have a single clue what proof we seek to disprove their tag, so we end up asking for info that could.

7. Yet again aimed at another person on this topic who made a remark of valve access to SR.

8 & 9. Any case can be up to scrutiny by a Comm. admin. Failure to provide examples on such accusatory is such commonplace, that the standard response is yet again, as been said before here in the thread: Name examples.

We don't provide all evidence, for we have subfora where community admins supply information or reports to us. We cannot link to that, and we cannot make all that public for a number of reasons. Also If the report isn't on SR, we only get to mark the account, and on occasion the type of offense. The tag says where to go for an appeal, and the proof/report can be found on that community, if need be by the admins there.
    The linked evidence on a profile is a courtesy, but isn't engraved in stone to provide, that part is up to "best efford" when applicable.

Really, you have no idea. All other attempts to form a body like SR have failed, for reasons I listed in my previous post. I've worked hard in the past 1,5 year to make SR where it is right now, and other admins with me did the same. If you where so "clean", and so good at this, then you should have started it yourself. Oh, wait, you didn't, and you're not that clean, or trustworthy, or that ppl trust you to it (which was a problem for one of those).
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  7. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

never said that.
  8. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

no, you proved mine with your previous "answer", which was no full answer, only a diversion. You only said: Happy Parazit is a friend of yours and that Strut Sec is "an innocent little club! I". The rest was accusatory vs SR, and not answering.

Yes, I did throw a fishing line out, but those 2 small things vs the rest of the post, that defines it as "bullshit" to me.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  9. demanrisu

demanrisu New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19929219
    From what I've seen, if you legitimately haven't scammed someone (or attempted to), you can easily get the scammer tag revoked. It's up to you to put in the effort, though.

edit: also, this drama is ~delicious~
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  10. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Lol, this comes up every other month or so, in one form or another. Generally ends nowadays here in "someone yell's something" and get bitchslapped back with retorts that its incorrect.

In general its people who are in-able to read really whats written by somebody, and a lot of mis-interpretations. I see it generally as a chance to just directly communicate and set things straight, with a bunch of ppl reading and responding along.

As you may understand from the above, this has in general a improving attitude around. That Some scammers or caution tagged didn't get their gram, fine by me.
  11. daemon

daemon Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26049181
    Go back to 4chan, idiots
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  12. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

nah, they are banned there too.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  13. [Strut Sec] Bruceatsr44

[Strut Sec] Bruceatsr44 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40275477
    I feel a bias forming ;-;
  14. man123

man123 Banned

I was told I could only appeal once which is bullshit seeing as how I never scammed nor am I a scammer. I refused to remove a listed scammer who I have seen do many successful middlemans with many people, so they ignored me and added on my page i'm associated with this listed scammer yet I NEVER talk to him. Are you f✿✿✿✿✿✿ kidding me? f✿✿✿ SteamRep.

I'd rather keep someone who's a listed scammer on my friends list unless I see some proof that they scammed.
  15. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Which of the 8 Scammers on your FL?
  16. man123

man123 Banned

1. Ok, so maybe half the people listed are listed for legitimate reasons, but before i'm going to call them a scammer I want to see some proof.

2. Ok, so he used their map, what a crime! People will look at his/her tag and think he/her is after people to scam their items when they are really not. All for using their map. f✿✿✿✿✿✿ ridiculous

3. Yea, well it's kinda hard to even get in contact with the admins. Banned from all the servers, most of the admins block listed scammers, how do you expect me to get any proof? Wish I did when I had the chance. To late now. Oh, wait, It wouldn't matter because dumbasses like you would still praise them like their gods.

4. Now this isn't fair either. This is like having your reputation on the line for not scamming. Chances are you added these listed scammers for a quick trade and didn't feel like removing them, that's just one example. Why should your reputation be on the line for a reason like that?

5. From the reasons iv'e seen people listed for, I thought maybe I would.
  17. man123

man123 Banned

Whoops, I posted the quote twice. What a slow and shitty website.
  18. man123

man123 Banned

og. Now before you go saying "Oh, well f✿✿✿ you, he's a big scammer look at the proof" Where is the name history? item history? I sure don't see it! Anyways, the other 8 I most likely added for a trade and didn't feel like removing them after. I'm such a criminal for that.
  19. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Og, OG???

lol, that guy got told by Valve: Either stop hijacking or Valve's going to sue him. Ask him. lol, not that I would trust 'm to answer truthful. His speciality was hijacking old accounts. And I mean OLD accounts, he had STEAM_0:0:66. Also he was the person that asked ppl on his server to make fake steam support tickets against someone, and provided a guide on how to do that for them. When Valve found out, they disabled a bunch of his known accounts. He also used those old accounts to come over trustworthy and scammed the living daylight out of it.

Man, you really could have picked better examples then that POS.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  20. daemon

daemon Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26049181
    hahaha 66? might as well note his single digs - STEAM_0:0:2

trading with marked scammers is also great practice, good job deadjolly
    Roudydogg1, DataStorm and VenGanZa like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.