1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Will i get scammed? help asap

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by TheSilentBoot, Oct 30, 2015.

1. TheSilentBoot

TheSilentBoot New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:67605440
    So this kid offers me two knives for one of my knives we talk and he tells me they are trade banned i think nothing of it he says he opened them so i was just passing time waiting for trade ban to end wich ends tomorrow and i realized i could see if he legit opened em so i look at exchange and there is alot of owners so i assume he bought them off market

- side note i bought a game from a scammer a while back he gifted me game then i paid him the keys next day the game was gone cause the kid refunded the payment to steam

so i was wondering if he can refund his payment to steam and my items will get refunded ty
  2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    He cannot "chargeback" on knives/keys/skins already available for trade. You are fine.
  3. TheSilentBoot

TheSilentBoot New User

Steam:
    hm well this kid is super fishy
    1. he says he unboxed them // i looked at csgo.echange and there are many owners to them
    2. show picture of new item but doesnt show his rank / profile / friends // just a cropped photo
  4. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Give me the steam id for the person you traded with.
    I can do a little background check on him and see if the items in question are possibly scammed items.
    a Gentleman likes this.
  5. TheSilentBoot

TheSilentBoot New User

Steam:
    i have not traded yet like i said they are banned items until tomorrow here is profile id // 76561198236998052
  6. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    I can't find anything out of the ordinary. But use common sense when trading. If a deal seems to good to be true..... you might want to rethink trading.
    His account is only 4 months old. Red flag for me when trading high ticket items.
  7. DarkCaster

DarkCaster New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42252319
    I had a little look around the guys account to try find something but I'll try update you if I do find anything phishy, but like Sivarts said his account is only 3/4 months old and he is trading high value items. I would take a lot of caution if I were you.
  8. TheSilentBoot

TheSilentBoot New User

Steam:
    do you think i should take it or no cause he seems fishy but i dont get why he lies about opening then like why lie about buying them off market i cant think of any other way to get a item trade ban
  9. TheSilentBoot

TheSilentBoot New User

Steam:
    ok ty
  10. TheSilentBoot

TheSilentBoot New User

Steam:
    update finally bugged the kid enough to make him say where he got them he says he bought them off market
  11. a Gentleman

Steam:
    You will not lose the items if you do the trade properly and everything. Just be careful.
  12. TheSilentBoot

TheSilentBoot New User

Steam:
    mkay i just looked at exchange his kara is duped 4 times on record and falchion isnt is duped items any concern should i stay away from them at all cost or what?
  13. a Gentleman

Steam:
    I mean. From what I can see, they haven't passed through a marked scammer that has been recorded by exchange. You're in the clear to trade with him - people might argue that duped items are worth less or whatever.

Good on you for checking in with SteamRep about this stuff though, good on you.
  14. TheSilentBoot

TheSilentBoot New User

Steam:
    xD thanks it just wasnt adding up at all so i just wanted to verify ty everyone although still confused why he would lie about buying items
  15. TheSilentBoot

TheSilentBoot New User

Steam:
    Hey guys new update he was a scammer like i thought, dont worry wasnt scammed im not blind xD
    http://imgur.com/a/44eeg <--- proofs
  16. Ntbol

Ntbol New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:51403031
    As stated above, you should be fine. It was smart if you to check here before proceeding on trades that make you feel uneasy.
  17. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Why do people always insist on cropping screenshots like that?
    Knucklejoe and Enstage like this.
  18. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46918739
    Maybe they think that's all that is needed? It would be easier to just use the printscreen button and save that.

Kinda looks like this has run it's course.