1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198098607104 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by panoptic, Sep 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. panoptic

panoptic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:22202240
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198098607104

Victim profile: 76561198004670209

What happened? Description:
    Scammer agreed to purchase flip knife doppler for $168. I requested in the terms of the deal that in the note he write " i am authorizing this gift and forfeiting my right to chargeback." This right here should have been a red flag that he was willing to go first but not do that. That and the fact that he paid market price and said the same old "cant get verified on OP skins bs"

Anyway regarding this, the payment went through and he asked for more items. However, when I tried sending the money to my personal paypal account, paypal blocked the payment and reversed it back to my account I do csgo trading on and limited the account. This is very unfortunate because I've done business like this before in the past.

I then contacted him and he agreed to send it to my personal account where i have my bank information linked in order to withdraw it. Well as soon as he received it blocked. I'm usually more alert than this but yeah, I will provide the behemoth of screenshots between paypal and the steam chats.

The <snip>'d info on the paypal screenshots of the reverse is to my main account that i tried sending it to that paypal reversed. So, once again, I asked them to refund him so he could send it to my non-limited account. The first screenshot really says it all.

I understand this is a very odd type of scam but more than likely he since he paid market price and kept asking for more stuff, he was going to chargeback, regardless, he agreed to resend the money to my other account after it was refunded and once it was, he blocked me keeping both the money and the item.​

Provide Evidence:
    7:35 PM - ☆ Alpha Stag ☆: Yeah I love those things, what're you looking to get for the knife?
    7:35 PM - shade: do you have an offer in mind
    7:35 PM - shade: if you want i can take some ss's
    7:36 PM - ☆ Alpha Stag ☆ is now Online.
    7:36 PM - ☆ Alpha Stag ☆: What's market on it?
    7:37 PM - ☆ Alpha Stag ☆ is now Away.
    7:37 PM - shade: are u not on ur comp
    7:37 PM - shade: if ur on ur phone i can wait and talk to u when u get home
    7:41 PM - ☆ Alpha Stag ☆ is now Online.
    7:41 PM - ☆ Alpha Stag ☆: Yeah I'm at work right now lol
    7:42 PM - ☆ Alpha Stag ☆ is now Away.
    7:42 PM - shade: o
    7:42 PM - shade: well ima play a game il take some ss's
    8:15 PM - shade: okay i took a few
    8:23 PM - ☆ Alpha Stag ☆ is now Away.
    8:45 PM - shade: when you free?
    9:15 PM - ☆ Alpha Stag ☆ is now Online.
    9:16 PM - ☆ Alpha Stag ☆: yo
    9:16 PM - ☆ Alpha Stag ☆: I'm home
    9:16 PM - shade: ok
    9:16 PM - shade: i uploaded some ss's if ur interested
    9:17 PM - ☆ Alpha Stag ☆: I'll just check it out in game
    9:22 PM - ☆ Alpha Stag ☆: alright I checked it out
    9:22 PM - ☆ Alpha Stag ☆: what're you looking to get for it?
    9:23 PM - shade: il let you offer
    9:31 PM - ☆ Alpha Stag ☆: I actually don't have much extra cash right now :/ I gotta eat lol
    9:34 PM - shade: what would you offer though
    9:37 PM - ☆ Alpha Stag ☆: I mean I could spare like 75$ right now, I don't get paid until NEXT friday lol
    9:43 PM - shade: well il definitely sell for less than market price but i was looking for more than 75
    9:47 PM - ☆ Alpha Stag ☆: I could squeeze out 100? I spent a lot of money the past two days on stupid s✿✿✿
    9:47 PM - shade: brb 5 min
    9:47 PM - ☆ Alpha Stag ☆: mmk
    9:50 PM - shade: alright
    9:50 PM - shade: i need a huge favor from you
    9:50 PM - shade: you there?
    9:50 PM - ☆ Alpha Stag ☆: yeah what's up
    9:50 PM - shade: ok its real urgent
    9:51 PM - shade: i have two separate accs for paypal one for business one for personal
    9:51 PM - shade: payment isnt processing so what im going to do is refund it to you and have you send it to my personal one ok?
    9:51 PM - shade: will you do that right now?
    9:52 PM - ☆ Alpha Stag ☆: I can but I won't resend it until it's in my bank account
    9:53 PM - shade: wouldnt it be immediate?
    9:53 PM - ☆ Alpha Stag ☆: Idk
    9:53 PM - ☆ Alpha Stag ☆: but once it's in my bank account I'll resend it no problem
    9:54 PM - shade: dont you have a paypal account
    9:54 PM - shade: im just goign to send it directly to you
    9:54 PM - shade: can youclose your game this will take two seconds
    9:55 PM - ☆ Alpha Stag ☆: Yeah but I don't want to end up paying twice if you end up trying to send me money and then charging me back enabling you to keep all my money with a double pay, so I wouldn't resend it until it's back into my bank account.
    9:55 PM - shade: im not going to chargeback
    9:56 PM - shade: i guess you still dont trust me then
    9:56 PM - ☆ Alpha Stag ☆: Just covering all my bases man
    9:57 PM - shade: look
    9:57 PM - shade: im going to send u the money
    9:58 PM - shade: then u send it to my other account
    9:58 PM - shade: if i chargeback on u, then just chargeback on me
    9:58 PM - shade: lol
    9:58 PM - shade: they just wont let me send it to myself, ive done this before i dont know why there is a problem
    10:14 PM - shade: you've been refunded
    10:14 PM - shade: i didnt send you a payment, i called paypal and had it refunded
    10:14 PM - shade: you cant chargeback a refund
    10:21 PM - ☆ Alpha Stag ☆ is not available to trade. More information will be shown to ☆ Alpha Stag ☆ if they invite you to trade.
    11:22 PM - ☆ Alpha Stag ☆ is now Offline.

Attached Files:

2. panoptic

panoptic New User

Steam:
    Chat got cut off, here is the first part

3. panoptic

panoptic New User

Steam:
    • Please do not post personal information in reports, or otherwise act abusively towards other people in the report
    Anyway, pertinent information,

*removed*
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Here are two more screenshots, once again showing where he agreed to resend the money after refunded to my acc, including both proof of the original transaction and the final refund. Gotta love paypal's support here first freezing my account, then refunding it back to the frozen acc and basically screwing me out of this money.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2015
  4. panoptic

panoptic New User

Steam:
    I was added by his friend who had this to say today

through this third party, tyler 'alpha' wesley has sent me a steam item equal to that of the first one.
  5. panoptic

panoptic New User

Steam:
    Update: User went through bank or credit card company to dispute paypal transaction even though paypal transaction was refunded.
    To be clear...
    Alleged paid 168 for knife
    I sent the knife
    Alleged was refunded Sep 3
    Alleged then blocked me as soon as he was refunded
    A few weeks later a friend of his contacts me regarding this thread and sends me a item of similar value on steam
    Oct 16, Alleged Disputes the Original transaction with credit cardcompany even though he already received a refund. This is unprecedented for me, and after speaking with paypal and providing them proof of the refund they assured me that he isnt going to win this because there is undeniable proof.

See below screenshots.

Dear <snip>,

We are writing to let you know one of your buyers opened a case for this transaction. The buyer stated that they did not receive their merchandise.

Here are the case details:

• Buyer's name: <snip>
    • Buyer's email: <snip>
    • Buyer's transaction ID: 2M1872456D331792F
    • Your transaction ID: 29962407A0877094K
    • Transaction date: September 2, 2015
    • Transaction amount: $168.00 USD
    • Disputed amount: $173.17 USD

Attached Files:

6. ☆ Alpha Stag ☆

☆ Alpha Stag ☆ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:69170688
    Reply privately sent to @Cyborg
  7. panoptic

panoptic New User

Steam:
    i have some chat logs that might be worth posting, basically the accused claimed he did not receive the money, in the first place. Anyway he refused to screenshot his paypal history, only edited and cropped parts. Anyone who knows anything about steamrep knows those arent accepted here so id advise anyone who trades with him to proceed with extreme caution and avoid any paypal transactions whatsoever. I did not even know it was possible to chargeback something that you were already refunded but he did it, doesn't look like he'll win the dispute but i would definitely avoid this guy after 2 incidents regarding one trade...
  8. panoptic

panoptic New User

Steam:
    Spoke with paypal again regarding their investigation. They were able to tell me that the payment was refunded on their end and that it did not go to his card because it went to his paypal account and he spent it. When I added him regarding this dispute, Tyler aka alpha refused to screenshot his paypal transactions and then blocked me. It is pretty obvious what happened here, i provided proof of the refund and paypal concluded it, do not trust this POS by any means.

Regarding his response to this report and appeal he sent to the moderator / admin, i would not take that into account without proof from his paypal account. We all know what is necessary for any appeal, uncropped screenshots of paypal transaction history for the past month, in this case it should be from the date in question of the transaction, September 2nd to now.
  9. panoptic

panoptic New User

Steam:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CSGOREPorts/discussions/5/490121928349071857
    this is his 'rep thread' taken directly from his steam page. He claims to supposedly move 100+ keys at a time back and forth, always going first, but every single person who has posted in this 'rep thread' is off his f list. last person claims to have sold 93 keys, no trades since then, empty inventory. hmmmmmmm
  10. panoptic

panoptic New User

Steam:
    just noticed this...

r/globaloffensivetrade is this 'institution' for which Wesley is an admin. There are dozens of capable moderators and admins here. Must be nice to get someone from your clan to save face for you eh tyler? How about we get an admin NOT affiliated with his little group to review the evidence in this thread, to which he has posted none.
  11. panoptic

panoptic New User

Steam:
    this is a double post again, but his original claim to his credit card company

From my very first post we can all very well damn see that he received the original item , then was refunded, then blocked me. forget the fact that he is attempting to (and will not succeed according to pp) chargeback a payment that was refunded, he is claiming "item not received" to cheat the system knowing the difficulties in proving virtual sales, despite a refund being sent as well.
  12. panoptic

panoptic New User

Steam:
    Update:

I received the following email. Paypal has concluded their investigation. I have spoken with 4 different agents, the most recent being the one today not 5 minutes before writing this update. She concluded that with the proof of the refund i provided, the payment immediately went directly to his paypal balance/ paypal account, not his credit card, just as the others have before and because of that, I was not charged the 168 that i already refunded him.

Instead, Paypal should be charging him a $20 fee for a false charge back claim and is now disputing it directly with his credit card company. For those unfamiliar, they basically said that they never do this unless they are absolutely sure they will win and have adequate proof; in this case there is overwhelming proof that the money was refunded to Tyler ' alpha' despite his false claims. Here is the email i received and, once again, proof that he received the item, same screenshot from my first post in the thread. What i don't understand is that if he never received the money, why did he block me immediately after i refunded it to his paypal account? Its pretty obvious once he saw the balance he blocked me...

Attached Files:

13. panoptic

panoptic New User

Steam:
    Here is the conclusion of the dispute / charge back / investigation from the paypal site and the ss i forgot to attach of the item sent, but it is also above "tyler5" (the item in question is the flip knife doppler that we agreed for $168), it goes to tyler 'alpha stag'

I asked paypal if any factors might interfere with him receiving the money such as an account limitation which i have since he sent me the payment, they assured me no, and that they could see the money went straight to his paypal balance on September 3rd, 2015. The fact that he is a 'administrator' of this community reflects poorly on them for all the reasons i outlined in this thread (fake rep, all being friends, double chargeback attempts). Whats clear here is that he went to his CC company and tried (but epically FAILED) to exploit the system of selling virtual items when he obviously received it. Whats worse is that he actually received a refund as well and still is trying to double dip. This is as blatant a [failed] scam attempt as they come, but i ask, "Where are all your paypal screenshots tyler? Why did you block me when i asked for them"

Attached Files:

14. schmed

schmed r/globaloffensivetrade moderator Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52746850
    None of those transactions were faked, and I do not appreciate you throwing accusations at me. Making fictitious claims against traders is not something you just make a habit of doing. Slander like that could seriously and falsely damage someone's standing within the trade community.
  15. schmed

schmed r/globaloffensivetrade moderator Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52746850
    This is a screen shot of the conversation that took place between OP and myself.

Attached Files:

16. panoptic

panoptic New User

Steam:
  17. panoptic

panoptic New User

Steam:
    Timeline of Events

September 2nd: We come to an agreement, however, tyler REFUSES to add the note i asked for in sending the money and insists on sending it as a gift, voiding seller protection.

September 2nd: Tyler sends the money and i immediately send him the knife, he then talks about buying my other knife.

September 3rd: i make the following proposition to tyler: i will refund him the money and he will send it to my other account because PP froze my 2nd account

September 3rd: Tyler is refunded in full via his paypal balance and as soon as i authorize the refund via phone he blocks me on steam and is in possession of both the $168 and the knife of the same value.

September 12: schmed, a high ranking member of tyler's group comes to me, most definitely because this report looks very bad on his community. Through his diplomacy, i am given an item of similar value. No doubt this was done to save face for his community as it can only look bad on them for having an admin marked on steamrep.

October 16: Tyler initiates a chargeback with his credit card company and although he was already refunded, his claim is that he never received the item. This is far from the truth.

October 16: I add tyler and try to make sense of this, i am blocked when i ask for his paypal history.

Oct 16, 21, 31: i contact paypal and am updated as they investigate and i provide proof of the refund

Nov 4: Paypal concludes their investigation: September 3rd they can see that he was indeed refunded straight to his paypal balance. They say without doubt that they will not be deducting any money from me, he will be penalized $20 for making the false report, and they will provide the evidence to Tyler's credit card company that he is attempting to defraud paypal. He is also banned from group CSGO Rep after an admin examines his thread and this report.
  18. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Notes (private):

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  19. a Gentleman

Steam:
    Notes (private):

Hidden Content:
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  20. a Gentleman

Steam:
    The creator of this report added me on his alt (why the alt?) today and promptly started a scathing indictment of both the GOTrade Server group and its admins.

| steamname: the times they are a changin'
    | steam3ID: [U:1:36512582]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:18256291
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197996778310
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/adal
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197996778310

He accused me of "aiding and abetting" a known scammer and called called the staff "scammer admins".

This is just a note that I have removed him and blocked him because I do not tolerate baseless accusations being thrown my way as well, whichever way this report goes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.