1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198138496112 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by jogsosog, Jun 10, 2015.

1. jogsosog

jogsosog New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:76255319
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198138496112

Victim profile: 76561198112776366

What happened? Description:
    I do not have any evidence, as at the moment of me being scammed, I dind't suspect a thing.
    The scammer added me, offering keys he had just bought from a friend for my unusual. To check my unusual's history, he said, I traded it to a trusted friend of mine. However, when my friend traded the item back, it was to the scammer, as he had changed his name to mine and used my profile pic. This thread accuratelly describes what happened: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/tf2outpost/discussions/0/540742579462237308/

Please pity me, merciful admins of steamrep, and somehow return my hardly earned Orbiting Planets Sober Stuntsman. It took me 6 monthos of trading to get it. Now 23€ of my backpack are gone. I would have taken screenshots, however, unsespectingly, assuming the item hadn't arrived due to steam lag, I didn't, and follishly closed the chat window (as the scammer un-added me).​

Provide Evidence:
    My friend didn't suspect a thing when confirming the trade, however, I am level 4 and the scammmer was level 2. That was how I later found him.
    You can clearly see my backpack's value dropping at a staggering rate, and despite not having screenshots of the text messages, this is all I can provide.
    The only thing close to a chat screenshot is the ladder print, in which you can see that there are 2 distinct accounts with the same name (mine and the scammer's).

Please, understand that this is like a stab to the back. The pain and frsutration after realising I had been scammed is not describable by words. Help me.​

Attached Files:

2. Toughsox

Toughsox Retired Staff Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:1842155
    Hello @jogsosog, can you get us the trade history of your friend showing him trading it to the scammers accomplice? Also, if you still have that chat as evidence, can you please re-upload it, without the editing please. Thank you.
  3. Toughsox

Toughsox Retired Staff Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:1842155
    As there has been no followup, I am archiving this report. For the record, the accused has been marked.