1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

talking to an admin

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by NotVerySexy, Nov 11, 2015.

1. NotVerySexy

NotVerySexy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:91898
    is it possible to talk directly to an admin about some matters? i dont want to start pming admins about things if its not the right 'procedure' .
  2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Post your questions here. If the questions contain sensitive or privy information, let one of the staff know and we'll work out a way to get you in touch with the relevant SR Staff member.
  3. NotVerySexy

NotVerySexy New User

Steam:
    well i believe a person who i reported on steamrep might attempt to make a false steamrep report against me.
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    SR tries not to operate in private when it comes to such issues for maximum transparency.
  5. NotVerySexy

NotVerySexy New User

Steam:
    i understand, i really just want to not make this into a large thing. should i just explain it here then? i was hoping to do it over a pm
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    1. as there is no such report yet here, don't see much to discuss.
    2. If such happens, reply to it proving by inventory history screenshots it didn't happen etc.

We're still working out internally on how to deal with such issues in a standard way and timely manner and a mechanism for it, since reports are more and more prominently shown on various places, and the recent update on the API to be including report # etc.

For now/till then: Once you replied and disproved, you can hit "report" on the thread to report it to mods/admins and state whats up.
    Lava likes this.
  7. NotVerySexy

NotVerySexy New User

Steam:
    thanks for the information. i cant imagine how it would work as i am sure the victim would link the profile of the person they are trading with even if they are using my name and profile image.

its an individual who was complaining to me on an alternative account that they had their other accounts steamrep banned because of my report and reports by others. one of their steamrep banned profiles had their name changed to mine, which is why i believe he might try to scam someone and make a false report on me. also i suspect its the same person since all their steam profiles say they live in the same country (even same town).

hes probably not going to bother anyways once he sees this thread. i dont understand why people have to be so salty when they get caught
  8. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Basically what he said, but I'm going to add on a bit to it.

We usually have a backlog of reported posts for obvious reasons, but if a staff member sees a post report where fake evidence is clearly present, they will usually deal with it. You need to make that clear in your report, and you need to have replied posting your evidence. If you have counter-evidence to prove your innocence, or the report is absolute garbage (i.e. no evidence) and you replied declaring your innocence, then report the OP of the report. Do NOT report a post just to have it removed, or to have a report expedited; that will result in the report being rejected, and doing so repeatedly will get you warned/banned from the forums.

On the topic of fake reports though, faking evidence from either side will earn a tag and prevent you from making additional reports. I have personally banned and marked a modest handful of people for that alone. If someone fake-reports you, they can get marked themself.
    SilentReaper(SR) and Enstage like this.