1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198160587980 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ₳ƶo₦ıx, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ₳ƶo₦ıx

₳ƶo₦ıx New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:99440415
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198160587980

Victim profile: 76561198159146559

What happened? Description:
    He impersonated my friend [₮ⱣӍ4Ę] ►xJᵾsτ3Ӎ◄ and he wanted to borrow my Unusual Helmet Without a Home.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. ₳ƶo₦ıx

₳ƶo₦ıx New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:99440415
    If possible, return me my unusual.
    Thank you!
  3. DoktorDiscord

DoktorDiscord New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50757146
    Do you have any screenshots of the chat where the user was trying to impersonate your friend?

Since SR isn't affiliated with Valve, they won't be able to return your items (best you could do would be to go to Steam Support and start a ticket, but they may not grant you a duplicate).

In the future, double check the identity of someone claiming to be your friend/middleman, or whoever you're doing a valuable trade with. The best way to do this is to enable URLs in your Steam interface via your Settings, and then compare info via Steam and SR. Additionally, you should be a little more wary about lending out valuable items to people, especially without some kind of collateral to cover a possible loss.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    The screenshot provided isn't going to show anything towards this case - right now its only a one sided trade for whatever reason. Need more evidence.
  5. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    This thread has been archived since the requested information was not provided. If you obtain the requested information, please create a new report.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.