1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Invalid Report: 76561198054614237 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by =( e )= PB N J, Nov 3, 2015.

1. =( e )= PB N J

=( e )= PB N J New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50148854
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198054614237

Victim profile: 76561198054614237

What happened? Description:
    He tried to scam me for my unusual Hounddog Nuts N Bolts For a bunch of normal hats and miscs and is reported a scammer already but he has scammed alot of people​

Provide Evidence:
    I tried to take some pictures during the trade but I couldn't really get some. I only got a few pictures when he offered the final items. I even tried accepting and he would have scammed me if I wasn't playing around with him. He could have scammed more people because of all those unusuals he has. He needs to be stopped. I met him when I joined a trade server and I told everyone I was selling an unusual, when he randomely just adds me and asks me if he can buy my unusual. I know he was a scammer because the server we were on has tags (Scammer) in there name when a scammer joins. He then offers me items worth 1 refined for my unusual HoundDog Nuts n Bolts.​

Attached Files:

2. Simply • Mr.pwner

Simply • Mr.pwner Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:47174254
    Steam rep admins, if you look closely I've offered my rat stompers which are a #5 craft. I don't think he understands that these have value. Sorry for any confusion..
  3. [Cy4G] ∞ReapingRob ™

[Cy4G] ∞ReapingRob ™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:51421758
    lol bro. He scammed me x3
  4. ouch29

ouch29 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:86813442
    Insufficient evidence
  5. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Making bad offers - with or without niche rare but worthless items - isn't within our investigative policy. At most, it qualifies as sharking, or an unfair trade. By policy - in the interest of not micromanaging the economy, setting a precedent of tagging anyone who deviates from an arbitrary price list, or grid-locking the economy with traders afraid to accept any kind of "good deal" for fear of retaliation - we elected not to get involved with pricing disputes or sharking reports years ago.

It's up to both sides to make an informed decision about they're trading for. Strictly speaking, because the terms of who gets what items in this trade are clearly laid out, this doesn't meet our definition of a scam.