1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

whats wrong with a BBG admin?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Nephilim, Nov 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nephilim

Nephilim New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41927071
    Hello everyone.Today something happened to me as wery weird.I did want to buy some keys from someone who is admin on steamrep.So i did ask him can he go first.Just i did want to see a steamrep admin can go first too.After 1-2 mins he said he did send steam trade offer to me.And when he said that, i just ask would he take a cup of tea.Im from Turkey i don't know anybody if knows my country we are always offers tea to who're act like a friend.Thats shows how we re hospitable.And this guy has been canceled trade offer and begin to vituperate.I am a 27 years old person.I did trade with many people.Always im belive if there is not respect between 2 trader i would not trade.I have a screenshot.Look at it and say me, where is the respect?We are using steamrep website for checking peoples profile, we are trusts that web page.And what is the response?Blaspheme?70 $ would not make me poor if i lose, and 70$ would not make that guy rich if he is take.But if there is no respect, thats make me think we re trusting to who ???

ps: i did add a nickname to him and blocked all communications.

wtf admin.jpg
  2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    He is not a SteamRep Admin. He is a BigBangGamers admin.

I'm sorry that you had to go through this experience. I'm tagging the owner, @{BBG} Big Bang Theory so he can follow up.
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    This doesn't appear to have anything to do with SteamRep but more so dealings with that community or that person.
    a Gentleman likes this.
  4. Nephilim

Nephilim New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41927071
    no he is not a imposter. i did take him steam profile link from in steam client.you can see that link on screenshot.i was suppose he is a steamrep admin. im not blame steamrep.com group. just want to say this situation is make me feel bad.
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Yeah I corrected my message - This isn't a SteamRep issue - he is NOT a SteamRep admin. This needs to be taken up with BBG and their community if that is even something to fuss over.
  6. {BBG} Big Bang Theory

{BBG} Big Bang Theory Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19517283
    I am not totally sure what to make of this. There are things I do not like reading from both parties.
    Misc thought in no particular order.
    - An exaggeration of SR status. Correct to say "on the admin tab on steamrep.com", but this does not make someone a "SteamRep Admin"
    - I don't know why Forever would be expected to go first, and it then sounds like Nephilim was trolling Forever. So I understand the desire to abort, although language could have been different.
    - I am disappointed with choice of language from a BBG admin, but have not heard the other side ( I believe there was fault on both parties frankly)
    - I do not read this "cup of tea" stuff as being an innocent misunderstanding, so I would have said "forget it" to Nephilim if I was in that situation as I would have interrupted this convo as being trolled and I would not have trusted Nephilim to not go first. I do not see or believe any attempt on Forever's part to do anything wrong like scam, and I read it that she was willing to go first until it looks like Nephilim started trolling (at least that is how I read it).
    I have cleaned up the BBG sr admin tab to reflect more current activity.
    @steamrep admins, doesn't this group update automagically?
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  7. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Pulling this back out of archive, no reason to lock the topic.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  8. {BBG} Big Bang Theory

Steam:
    I have updated the 2 BBG groups to more accurately reflect current interests and participation in the community.

The important takeaways I believe is:

- Stay professional when dealing in trades, especially when the stakes become high (ie money trades).
    - Strive to be accurate, regarding your rep and status.
    - Define trades accurately for documentation reasons; keep it brief but accurate and focused on the business at hand.
    - Understand the differences between a community admins, community Middleman, and SR staff.

and some other stuff like always document all aspects of trade, ignore links given, etc.
    At this point in time, I am fully believing that had this trader paid for the keys, that the items would have been delivered.
    However, I am very glad that no trade happened and this was aborted.
    Mattie! likes this.
  9. {BBG} Big Bang Theory

Steam:
    I also agree this is not a SR issue, but perhaps something can be learned
    and not a waste of space at SR

edited: I'm fine with this being locked, or open . . up to SR
  10. RuhaI

RuhaI Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:60262405
    You might want to remove this http://i.imgur.com/LH4Rxwc.png while your at it.
  11. {BBG} Big Bang Theory

Steam:
    well upon focus, it could be more verbose. There was no intent of misrepresentation with that, but I will look at that again. Everyone there knew they had no administrative powers here at SteamRep and it meant that this group would appear on the tab. When that was authored, I did not have 20 / 20 fore-sight. I will update.

EDITED:
    OK... where did you get that from, I don't see it on my end????

edited again.. Yes I agree.. I need to be more accurate with that comment. will fix.

edited again. I could not edit that particular comment and I don't choose to remove it due to it memorializing the start of the SteamRep community association (unless SR judges I should), however I made a new post that words it more accurately and had it occurred to me to word it that way over 3.5 years ago, I would have.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    RuhaI and Tio José das Vacas like this.
  12. ScorchingVenom™

ScorchingVenom™ Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:74998026
    I will look into this if granted permission by OP.
    Attitudes of admins are reflected how they're reputation is. And out of my time knowing For(n)ever, I think he might of believed that a scam attempt could of been involved (Which I highly doubt, but is just my theory).
  13. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    No need. Forever resigned. Also when the owner is notified of an issue it would be their responsibility to dictate orders of who is to investigate/deal with internal issues. From what has been posted, BBT has already handled the situation and no further action is required unless he deems it fit internally.
  14. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Indeed, if trading problems arises within/at a friend/partner community, we (SteamRep) prefer that these are handled at said community. SteamRep is not their keeper. Only when things get out of hand or are not handled, SteamRep will step in. Of course we would want to know about such, so we can monitor it or ask about how they handled it etc.
  15. {BBG} Big Bang Theory

Steam:
    Like I said before, I do not see any intention of wrong doing on Forever's part and this should be a closed issue. I think the start of the conversation was just being a little loose with words because she did not want to be scammed (NOT because there was any intentions of doing anything wrong on her part) and then when the person forever was in trade with started acting more and more "fishy" (ie, not wanting to go first, talking about an alternate type of payment.. joking or not) I think she thought she was about to get scammed and aborted. And I don't blame her for that at all. She was in the last seconds of giving this person a lot of keys, and then he said what he said. It probably pissed her off and I bet many here would have said things in anger because of believing there was high probabilities of getting scammed.. so trade was aborted.
    As far as I am concerned, there is nothing to look into and this is resolved. This should be closed and allowed to age.
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    Penguin The Fluffy likes this.
  16. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    BBT has dictated his decision. Thread Locked.
    Roudydogg1 and SilentReaper(SR) like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.