1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

How to get in touch with valve admin?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Flynn 3, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Flynn 3

Flynn 3 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:71843536
    Im looking to get in touch with a certain valve admin and I was wondering how to do so?
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
  3. Flynn 3

Flynn 3 New User

Steam:
    Someone who im trading with told me they wanted to get a valve admin from steamrep to oversee our trade. The valve employees name was SZ profile is here: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197988042654

I felt like that might not actually be him so I left the trade chat. And the person I was trading with said he got really upset for wasting his time. So I wanted to get in contact with EZ somehow to first verify if that was him or not and if so, I wanted to apologize. Is there any way I could do this?
  4. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Valve 'admins' don't oversee trades. It was a scam attempt. If you still have the chat windows open, please make a report here on SteamRep.
    Cyborg and ccc like this.
  5. Flynn 3

Flynn 3 New User

Steam:
    So no valve employee would ever oversee a trade?
  6. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Not likely at all, if ever.

Always check steamrep before trading someone.
    ccc likes this.
  7. Flynn 3

Flynn 3 New User

Steam:
    thank you
  8. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    There is about a 99.9999% chance it was a scammer trying to impersonate that Valve employee. He got mad because he wasn't getting your stuff for free like he planned to, and hoped being mad would pressure you into going through with it. The "admin" would've been his 2nd account, with the same name and profile picture.

Valve employees don't have any reason to oversee trades like that, and they would try to avoid something like that anyway.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  9. Thulm

Thulm New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40293461
    As everyone has said -- Valve will NEVER 'oversee' a trade, that simply is a slippery slope that Valve isn't going to go down to begin with.
  10. DappelMeistar123

DappelMeistar123 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:503371106
    Hello
    So. Is there an admin named Mr.Gregor?
    I am very sceptical, and i've been reported for duped items, cheating, and payment.
    when i checked his profile i didn't see the steam thing there, is he a real admin? My friend says he is
    Now im locked out of my account for 7 days, to get all of those bans gone, im really scared.. :(
    this is off topic probably but please, help me
  11. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A STEAM ADMIN OR VALVE ADMIN!!! None what so ever!! Nobody is locking you out of anything or anything of that nature. Your friend was likely hijacked so best to make sure you report both users to Valve using the in profile reporting feature.