1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198098607104 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by panoptic, Sep 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2015
  3. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    Hidden Content:
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I'll push this report up for final review

Hidden Content:
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2015
    SIVARTZ likes this.
  5. panoptic

panoptic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:22202240
    quite a lot of hidden posts..... i have more pertinent info that could also use the same advantages if anyone wants to talk to me before letting this guy off scott free...
  6. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    panoptic,
    If you have info about this report please feel free to post it here. We will decide if it is usable evidence or not. Thanks.
  7. panoptic

panoptic New User

Steam:
    can we get a ruling on this its been over 100 days since he scammed me ... In all likelihood he has moved on to an ALT to continue such. As his profile reads he was a Moderator of /r/GlobalOffensiveTrade Server. I wouldn't trust them for how they handled him / this. My guess is he is still a mod for them under a different name since he has no steam hours, trades or changes in his inventory on the account in question since I posted the conclusive evidence from paypal and they concluded their investigation and determined that he was in fact refunded despite what he claimed. Much of his focus was attempting to poke holes in the prosecution because the paypal in question that refunded him was limited for breaking the TOS, serving as a 2nd paypal account that i used strictly for Steam trading. Despite this, and in paypal's words, this would, should and did have no effect on whether or not one receives a refund; and it didn't, hence their conclusion in their investigation. Because i told this to alpha way back in sept, he thought he could use that and trick paypal, but even though my account was limited they informed me that i would certainly not be subject to paying another refund. I have made no secret of my paypal history; i provided screenshots. If he were to do so you would see the refund.
  8. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    1. Alpha does not mod Alias Server Network under a pseudonym.
    2. He has not been involved in the Steam community for several months now. His inactivity is real.

From what I know, Alpha has no alts. Without disclosing too much privy information, what I've seen from him on social media shows that he is focusing on IRL things, and that Steam is behind him.

I maintain my stance on this report, but best of luck getting it resolved, one way or another.
    schmed likes this.
  9. panoptic

panoptic New User

Steam:
    do u and schmed have anything better to do than defend this blatant scammer? The bias is real here for a steamrep moderator. how is it that paypal can finish an investigation faster than you, and you guys can't use the same evidence they did?? maybe if we're lucky the actual admins will ban this thief before 2020
  10. panoptic

panoptic New User

Steam:
    So i just looked at his profile to see how 'inactive' he is, according to your words
    Believe him? Know him very well? MORAL COMPASS!??
    Well i'll just let the image speak for itself. SOooooooo right now...

1. Tyler is banned from the steam group steamrep for a fake cashrep thread. It contained numerous fake trade rep vouches from his friends. One of them, schmed insists his trades were legit, but the overwhelming evidence, and lack of items exchanged in the short dates causes this thread to be locked and the posts since deleted.
    Quote from the admin on this page, "We have reviewed the evidence. This r/globaloffensivetrade server moderator did engage in a scam and tried to defraud the victim.

Do not trade or more importantly TRUST this user. Given this users position and power who knows what may come from engaging with this user."

2. Tyler attempted to scam me via paypal twice. First he held the $70 knife and the money for over a month before his friend schmed intervened when he saw the steamrep report. Then a month later, he filed a report with paypal claiming he was never refunded, when he was. Paypal investigated this and concluded that he was indeed refunded and decided against him and disputed the FRAUDULENT CLAIM with his financial institution. Besides the steamrep scam, he is also now guilty of fraud with his credit card company and/or his bank. Those are criminal charges.

and

3. Outstanding and moral compass Tyler resorts to getting his steamrep moderator friends to provide 'character' defenses for him while he is racking up VAC bans on steam (February 2016) . Trust worthy guy for sure. Keep vouching for him Gentleman your reputation is almost as bad as his.

I could go on and on but this overwhelming amount of evidence shows he has already been permanently banned from the steamrep trading reputation group, paypal and finally, last but not least CSGO itself, forever (it's the only game he's played recently). Obviously he is not legit and has no intention of doing so. Despite what his moderator friend (that said not only that he believes him and has a moral compass) the fact that he just received a VAC ban definitely leans toward the plan of ditching this account and using an alt or new account to continue scamming; his account is useless, being investigated and can't even play the game anymore, why wouldn't he? In such, this account and his IP (see from his post here) should be banned and marked. I can't wait to see Gentleman's defense, inb4 'my dog did it.' ;)

Attached Files:

11. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Notes:

Hidden Content:
  12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I'm locking the report till its time to be reviewed.
    Hidden Content:
  13. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    While it's clear that a PayPal chargeback took place, we also have evidence the accused legitimately ran into problems with the payment, and it appears a sticky situation arose with neither side willing to cooperate with one another. From interviewing the reporter (accused declined friend request), and reviewing evidence in this report, the original trade took place without issue. Problems with payment only arose once the victim later had issues with PayPal related to having multiple accounts with bogus information (in violation of PayPal's terms of service), and requested the accused to help transfer funds to their alt account by reporter refunding payment and then expecting accused to re-send to a different address. Accused claimed to not receive money when the PayPal payment was refunded, and then removed (or blocked) the reporter, but later repaid with schmed acting as an intermediary to mend the conflict.

Given the unusual circumstances, which would make most experienced PayPal traders weary, it's difficult to establish intent to scam, despite the accused removing victim while in possession of both the knife and money. From the reporter's perspective the accused lied about not receiving money before blocking/removing. From the victim's perspective, it appears he may have been confused about what was going on. Charging back a refund from the receiving end (receiving funds yourself and then disputing that transaction) is not typically characteristic of fraud so much as a confused bank representative/customer. In the course of events in this report, the accused has also (with the help of schmed) refunded items to the accused after allegedly figuring out what was going on.

Attempts to establish intent is further complicated by the reporter dragging no fewer than 5 community admins into a trail of verbal abuse, lumping them in with accused in an alleged grand conspiracy to commit fraud. In interviewing the reporter, who was also belligerent to me for over an hour, it's understandable why the accused would want to isolate themselves at this point, and may well have blocked to avoid the reporter rather than avoid repayment. Given the circumstances, it's not far-fetched to believe that accused may not have realized what was going on, and then remedied the situation after getting their bearings.

Having interviewed with the reporter myself, I personally cannot fault anyone for taking measures to avoid any kind of interaction with him. In an interview, the reporter spent over an hour attempting to convince me a VAC ban was cause to discredit anything coming from the accused (including repayment) and claims to not knowing what was going on, accusing me of supporting and defending scammers, and was borderline belligerent in response to questions, so I can only imagine someone making an honest mistake and then struggling to make things right with someone who insisted on revenge.

After having reviewed this report in entirety and interviewed the reporter, I have decided to accept this report and issue a CAUTION tag to the accused for removing victim before repayment and taking excessive time to repay the victim after the fact, holding both items and money in the interim.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, SteamRep Partner Members, SteamRep Partner SCAs).**
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
    Roudydogg1, schmed and a Gentleman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.