1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561197962078395 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Fire ̷̨●̷̨°, Dec 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fire ̷̨●̷̨°

Fire ̷̨●̷̨° New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20684450
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Accomplice] Trading with marked scammers or hijackers
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561197962078395

Victim profile: 76561198001634629

What happened? Description:
    I put myself as the victim because one was needed to fill out the form. I'm not a victim in this matter and I don't know who he traded with to get the Burning TC as it's dupped.

The accused traded for a sharked/scammed Burning KE and a duped scammed Burning TC. Below I have posted links to him admitting to trading with a scammer. As well, a ban appeal that went through in 60 seconds, fastest appeal for a ban I have ever seen.​

Provide Evidence:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/tjdv/

^Posts on SR admins profile page.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/commen...the_notion_of_tyranny_backlog_trading/cxxvlnf

^Posts here admitting to trading with a scammer.

Was previously banned on SR by FOG. Is banned on OP and BP.tf currently for his FOG SR ban.

Submitted a appeal here and it was granted in 60 seconds: http://forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/9864-steamrep-tag-removal-downgrade-ban-appeal-mr-pon.html

I contacted NoName and some other SR admins. The only response I received was from NoName: [12/13/2015 - 7:20:50 AM] [FoG] n0:name: You'll see in the new year why.

I don't understand this response nor do I understand the decision to fully lift a ban and not even issue a caution for such a high tier transaction. I feel people should still be aware when visiting this persons profile what has occurred. I like to see some answers, is SR no longer punishing people for helping scammers profit? I hope not.​

Attached Files:

2. PoN 3

PoN 3 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:906333
    Hello Fire,
    Thanks for the report, I have only one question that why people should be aware when visiting my properfile?
    I said clearly in my the appeal as well as if i get unban, and the god-item (like duplicate burning TC) trading away. Forever BAN is OK FOR ME.
    Im only normal kid, who love collector item. No scamming for all those trade. If you put your own self to me. You will understand why you get the ban lift. However, thanks for the "understading".
  3. Fire ̷̨●̷̨°

Fire ̷̨●̷̨° New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20684450
    I don't think you understand that buying stolen goods is wrong. Correct me if I'm wrong but you seem to think that because you paid top value for the item and don't intend to trade it ever that makes it OK. You are forgetting that the people you traded with who got the items through shady means have now been able to profit from their deeds. The whole point of SR is to make the public aware of people who are shady and thus helping to prevent those shady people from profiting off their ill gotten gains. You for some reason, either through ignorance or laziness or just not caring, traded with a marked scammer for a very high tier item. I don't have the full details on why you have been unmarked be I think there should at least be a record for people to see what you have done. From there they can decide if you are a person they want to trade with or not.
  4. PoN 3

PoN 3 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:906333
    Hello Fire,
    1. Yes, you are not wrong to point out about the trading with mark scammer. When i trade the item with Rick James, he are no longer mark as scammer as far as i know from steamrep.com.
    2. Secondly, you have your things in the first place in Backpack.tf - According to backpack.tf - i have fully BAN because trading with mark scammer. So people can clearly see that BAN from me and decide to trade with me or not.
    3. About Mark from Steamrep.com - i fill out the form appeal for the mark and the admin already have their decision.
    4. You are may right about if steamrep put some words in my Steamrep.com properfile like ( This person have duplicate Burning Team Captain and The Shark Burning KE, if someone willing to trade it, full ban from backpack.tf is okay for me. But in another hand, trade another item, nothing will happen )

Thanks.
  5. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    The user was already banned & appealled on FoG about this same event. Since trading with scammers policy will change, and this event was very old, I see no point on continuing with this report.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.