1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561197996869097 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by HaC3rPr0, Dec 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HaC3rPr0

HaC3rPr0 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:62692997
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561197996869097

Victim profile: 76561198085651722

What happened? Description:
    For Christmas Geel has made a event where doing certain things on Scrap.tf would get you points. you can then use those points to fill up a bar to unlock a raffle with certain prizes. the problem is, is that for the past two days. the 18th and the 19th. these raffles have not been unlocked even though we filled the bar. I have found out that these raffles are not automatically unlocked. they are manually made when geel has the time to make them. also, some of the quests we need to do to help obtain these raffles involve trades or giving up items. I also talked with a mod who give some insight into what would happen if he was marked as a scammer. there have also been a lot of complaints on his profile too asking for the raffles be unlocked. he is basically asking us to do trades and other quests to unlock these raffles and not doing his end of the promise.

here is the evidence

http://m.imgur.com/a/GPY2B

Provide Evidence:
    album of evidence http://m.imgur.com/a/GPY2B

Attached Files:

2. HaC3rPr0

HaC3rPr0 New User

Steam:
    also ignorance isn't a excuse
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I don't see where this is a SteamRep issue...in fact it falls under this
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/notice-changes-to-investigation-policy.47952/
    • Spycrabbing reports (server bets):
      • Please report to the community that operates the server where the bet took place.
        • SteamRep does not maintain any game or trade servers and many individual communities have different rules when it comes to Spycrabbing or RPS or Heavy Boxing or similar. These reports are best addressed by the communities that operate the servers

@Geel9

Lets see what is going on here before I make a move on the report.
  4. HaC3rPr0

HaC3rPr0 New User

Steam:
    this isn't about bets in anyway
  5. DAFISH#got scammed D:

DAFISH#got scammed D: Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:69854141
  6. DimaWolf

DimaWolf New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42942235
    Most of the "quests" for this event don't even make you trade the items, you just have to open the queue. Plus, it's not a scam if you choose to put your "EP" into trying to unlock a raffle that needs to be manually created. So I'm the end it's all up to whenever Geel checks the site and if/when the raffle bar is completed. Nothing is taken.
  7. HaC3rPr0

HaC3rPr0 New User

Steam:
  8. DimaWolf

DimaWolf New User

Steam:
    Excuse my typos.

Most of the "quests" for this event don't even make you trade items, you just have to open the queue. Plus, it's not a scam if you choose to put your "EP" into trying to unlock a raffle that needs to be manually created. So in the end it's all up to whenever Geel checks the site and if/when the raffle bar is completed. Nothing is taken.
  9. HaC3rPr0

HaC3rPr0 New User

Steam:
    I also find it weird that they are now unlocked after this report.
  10. HaC3rPr0

HaC3rPr0 New User

Steam:
    then explain why it says trade 12 times
  11. DimaWolf

DimaWolf New User

Steam:
    In my experience, you just have to open the the queue 12 times, and if I'm wrong, it's completely OPTIONAL.
  12. HaC3rPr0

HaC3rPr0 New User

Steam:
    i know it's optional but what about the people who did trade to try and get those raffles?
  13. DimaWolf

DimaWolf New User

Steam:
    Human error is the problem here, nobody is perfect (and we all know Geel isn't perfect) but I don't see the point in reporting it as a scam when these raffle would be created sooner or later, people are just really impatient and will go to any extent to try and blame someone for something that isn't handed to them within an hour.
  14. HaC3rPr0

HaC3rPr0 New User

Steam:
  15. HaC3rPr0

HaC3rPr0 New User

Steam:
    it was almost 3 days
  16. DimaWolf

DimaWolf New User

Steam:
    No one was "scammed" by any definition, everything is optional
  17. HaC3rPr0

HaC3rPr0 New User

Steam:
    let's leave this to the staff of steam rep to decide
  18. DAFISH#got scammed D:

DAFISH#got scammed D: Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:69854141
    I have only one question: What do you expect this report will do?
  19. HaC3rPr0

HaC3rPr0 New User

Steam:
    I was hoping to see the raffles be unlocked. seems Jesse did it for him. I can't close the report now. now I'm just hoping he won't "take his time" next time
  20. 3xlneet

3xlneet Partner Community Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40618574
    Jesse did so for him because Geel had been busy lately.

As we have been telling users in the forums, support and help section, they need to wait until Geel gets back, makes, and assigns said raffles.

No items from any users were compromised as all of the quests are optional and users can fulfill the trading quests by just entering the queue. Most of them consist on farming such trades anyways. You could do 1:1 trades and not lose anything. No items were lost by anyone and you do not buy EPs for items.

Help section - https://scrap.tf/help/kb/169
    Examples : Forum - https://forum.scrap.tf/topic/6618-secret-santa-issues-andor-questions-christmas-events-included/ (main thread) https://forum.scrap.tf/topic/7093-1218-holiday-raffle-never-opened-up/

Being impatient is no reason for reporting someone (in my opinion), you rushed this a bit too much and without thinking. You just said that you mostly wanted the raffles unlocked, which show a lot of impatience and some greed.

Please, understand that not everyone has a lot of free time and that they have a life with stuff to do. Geel sometimes gets busy in the worst situations, but things end getting handled and dealt with.
    You should've known this as you have some experience in our site.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.