1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198087657645 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by BeenScammed, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeenScammed

BeenScammed New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40755733
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198087657645

Victim profile: 76561198041777195

What happened? Description:
    Baby Renge (as he was going by at that time) added me and showed interest in my Strange Unusual Rotation Sensation Cloud 9. We talked back and forth about trust issues and also settled on a price of $160 US dollars. He was to send me that by PayPal for my hat. I enabled Steam Mobile authenticator and I traded him the hat. It would take 3 days for him to get it. He promised that as soon as he would get it, he would send me the money. I checked his SteamRep, SourceOP, Google, steam level, trade history, etc and seemed like a trustworthy guy. The trade was made on Dec 27 at 10:40 AM and he received the item on Dec 30 at 10:40 AM. He even reassured me, "Yeah in 10 hours you'll get your money, don't worry." I waited until the 31st at night before I left him negative trust on backpack, after he removed and blocked me without sending a cent. I made another account and added him to try and speak with him, he then told me that he won't send anything since I left him -1 trust on backpack. I was trying to tell him I'll contact them to remove if you send the money, but he blocked me on that account as well.

I understand he's highly valued in the community, and his word against mine I would lose. Kind of like Bill Cosby, America's beloved moral father got away with so much because of his reputation and position. But I please urge you to look at the facts/screenshots. This is the first time I've been scammed.​

Provide Evidence:
    Sorry, I took the screenshots of the initial conversation and had stupidly posted them to a word document on Google Docs. Here is a link for it, and if you zoom in more you'll be able to see all the text/words clearly

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sTmXwjxRYJNdgN9lKwkaZUYCCXip9-n4QOU8NfRrDRU/edit?usp=sharing

I really just want to get my money and not cause a big issue. I'm willing to drop the report if he pays me my money that was owed and then the community can decide what happens.

I sincerely thank you for your time and please let me know if I need to do anything else.

PS All you REALLY need to see is the pic titled, "Scammer refusing to pay"
    In it, he admits he hasn't paid me and will not pay me.​

Attached Files:

2. Valtaie

Valtaie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:26491260
    Hi there,

You may have to add the screenshots from your google doc via the "Upload a File" button as you have done with the other screens.

By the way indeed it seems that you have been scammed, just upload the other screens and I'm sure this guy is going to have a ban from SteamRep.

Also you should report him via steam (go to his profile → click on "More" → "Report Violation" and explain what happened)

Finally, I added a screenshot of his inventory where we can see your stolen hat.

Cordially.

Inventory.png
  3. Secretly We Are Geese

Secretly We Are Geese Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:63695958
    This post is busted since the "Victim" said it was a"Rotation Sensation Cloud9" and his friend added picture of "Rotation Sensation Circling Peace Sign".
    My point is over here. Giving money to someone reported you for scam is most likely ✿✿✿✿✿✿ed like paying for someone that stabbed you in the stomach.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @BeenScammed Please provide me with a screen shot of your trade inventory history - don't edit anything and include the URL at the top of the screen.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  5. Valtaie

Valtaie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:26491260
    I'm not his friend, I'm just a random guy who got scammed some days before and who is now trying to help the others, I hope you'll enjoy your SteamRep ban.
  6. Secretly We Are Geese

Secretly We Are Geese Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:63695958
    If you say so, salty boy ;3
  7. BeenScammed

BeenScammed New User

Steam:
    @Valtaie Thank you for looking out, I'm sorry you were scammed, it's a really crummy feeling :/
    @Secretly We Are Geese He is not my friend, but he was kind enough to offer a helping hand. The only reason I gave you a -1 trust on backpack was because you removed then blocked me after you got the hat, so what am I to understand from that?
  8. BeenScammed

BeenScammed New User

Steam:
    Here you go!

Attached Files:

9. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks I'm moving for final review
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  10. BeenScammed

BeenScammed New User

Steam:
    Thank you, I appreciate what you do for the community
  11. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello @BeenScammed,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.