1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198265592514 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Daniel | Nrsa, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Daniel | Nrsa

Daniel | Nrsa New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:96383697
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198265592514

Victim profile: 76561198153033123

What happened? Description:
    Today on 1/6/16 around 11m-1pm, a man scammed me of my AWP | Dragonlore Factory new. What happned was a man ( his account - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198140790591 his 2nd account - http://steamcommunity.com/id/7656119814059089 ) came to me with a trade offer I thought is was a fair trade so i accepted, what he didn't tell me was there was going to be a Valve Employee check both of our Item(s) to see if they were bugged or glitched. This "Valve Employee" was impersonating you (impersonators account - https://steamcommunity.com/id/AbacusAvengers ). I was hesitant and I declined the trade because of the Valve Empolyee, I didnt feel comfortable trading someone my skins and not receiving anything back. When i said no the impersonator threatened me with a " Permanent Trade Ban" then i got afraid because i thought it was actually you a Valve Employee, so then i accepted the trade because i thought i was going to get a "Trade Ban" if i didnt.
    Thank you for reading this if you do, i dont expect you to get my item back i just want those two people banned to keep the community safer and cleaner. If you need further more evidence my email is REDACTED
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, Valve (Automatic)).**
    my Skype is REDACTED
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, Valve (Automatic)).**
    Thank You,
    NAME REDACTED
    Hidden Content:

Provide Evidence:
    i provided a screenshot​

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2016
  2. Abacus Avenger

Abacus Avenger Valve Employee Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:940252
    The account [U:1:305326786] has been locked pending investigation into the trade scamming, but it was unquestionably impersonating my account, and trading on that identity.
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Hello @Daniel | Nrsa, your report was accepted and the accused was tagged for impersonation of a Valve employee as well as another community admin with intent to commit fraud. Thank you for reporting this user.

@Abacus Avenger In addition to marking the accused from this report in our database, I have added a modal warning to your SteamRep profile to try and ward off additional impersonation attempts. If you have other employees you'd like to have this flag added to, or you'd like the warning removed, feel free to send me a PM or add me on Steam using the link below my avatar. I've also added a banner to your forum profile to help identify you as Valve staff.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**