1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198165786574 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by zechlohz, Jan 9, 2016.

1. zechlohz

zechlohz New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:75528181
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198165786574

Victim profile: 76561198111322090

What happened? Description:
    So basically,this guy added me up...And guess what. The first thing he said was,"do you have a trusted friend only".That's when i knew things were about to get fishy.He didn't even give me the reason why he added me.And as usual, thanks to SR as always,i checked him up and found out the profile was marked scammer. I basically played along to get more evidence against him. I knew he was gonna bring up the whole middleman BS. Irony is that he wants my unusual which are just worth acceptional amount of keys for "his unusuals " worth more than thosand of keys in total. "his unusual" was basically another steam profile which he linked me,and it happen that he impersonated that profile.He even linked me another guys backpack.tf link and trade link. SO basically,tbh, some kids might fall for these scheming pricks out there.Its unfortunate some people alread got scammed by him,what's more unfortunate is that the scammer is framing others,which tricks some people into accusing the wrong guy in the end.I trust that you mods will do something about this.Thank you for your cooperation.

This is the steamaccount of the guy he impersonated :http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198053233649

The scammer also impersonated the guy's backpack.tf inventory,making others think that he has those unusuals,heres the link:http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198053233649

Provide Evidence:
    sorry for the BS talk by me in the chat with the scammer, main purpose was to get evidence against him. Thx again mods​

Attached Files:

2. zechlohz

zechlohz New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:75528181
    Forgot to add this in, my trusted friend link to his steam profile which i provided was just a set up for the scammer, i told my friend all about it, and he agreed on me using him as my trusted friend,which i knew most probably would be an impersonation of him. No one was being set up.
  3. PrincessLuna

PrincessLuna Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:124187584
    He has already been banned by SR. There's nothing SteamRep can do, since he is already banned.
  4. TFD_Industries™

TFD_Industries™ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23416765
    Additional evidences/reports are always welcomed, as all valid reports are reviewed and contemplated during the appeal procedure.
    We do appreciate your help, but please try to provide correct and accurate information next time. Thank you.
  5. TFD_Industries™

TFD_Industries™ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23416765
    As for the report itself,
    Unfortunately, the evidence provided in this report fails to show any sign of scam attempt.
    Consequently, this report will now be archived.
    We appreciate your effort in filing this report, please do so again if you encounter any scam attempt.