1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198125097842 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Bob The Frog, Jan 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob The Frog

Bob The Frog New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:92845377
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198125097842

Victim profile: 76561198145956482

What happened? Description:
    This person added we saying he had the intent to buy my unusual for the price I wanted, then he asked me if I had a trusted friend online and I said yes. Then he said to make sure that it wan't duped I had to give it to my friend, so I complied. He then said for my friend to give me back my unusual, so my friend gave it back. Then he invited me to a group chat with my friend. My friend had told me earlier that he was a scammer so I was just playing along seeing where this would go.) After that I got a trade request from my "friend" (It was a fake impersonation of my friend) I told him that wasn't my friend because I had my friend nicknamed. He left and unadded me.​

Provide Evidence:
    This is all I could get of the chat​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I'm afraid without the trade agreement (the chat discussion) showing way more in regards to this claim we can't process this report. The user is already tagged thru SR and a partner community too so you did do good to check up on the user prior to engaging them.
    Just for the sake of having it - who is the other person they brought in or who was the other user?
  3. Demonic Odd

Demonic Odd New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45450143
    I have the proof for you ;)
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198137781307/
    This person also changed his name to my friend's name too.
    He tried to do the same as me but I trolled him with my friend. SCAM.PNG SCAM.PNG SCAM.PNG SCAM.PNG SCAM.PNG SCAM.PNG SCAM TRADE.PNG SCAM TRADE.PNG SCAM TRADE.PNG SCAM.PNG SCAM.PNG SCAM TRADE.PNG SCAM.PNG SCAM TRADE.PNG SCAM.PNG SCAM TRADE.PNG SCAM.PNG SCAM TRADE.PNG
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Demonic Odd All of that is irrelevant to THIS report -
    I'm marking this report as invalid - you are free to make your own.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.