1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198165786574 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Toast Mama, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Toast Mama

Toast Mama New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:74808385
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198165786574

Victim profile: 76561198109882498

What happened? Description:
    The user added me and tried to explain how items can 'change' from being clean to duped, and insisted i give the profile of a close friend so they can hold my items and check if theyre clean. After giving the name of a friend, they proceeded to invite me and someone with a profile identical to my friend to a group chat. Here's the catch. My 'friend' had a private profile and a dash in their name, which wasnt supposed to be there. After accusing them of this, the two immediately left the chat.​

Provide Evidence:
    v(After everything)v
    View attachment 367079 v(Chat logs from beginning of conversation)v View attachment 367081
    v(Chat logs continued and includes the group chat)v
    View attachment 367080 v(Friend's real profile)v
    View attachment 367082 v(Fake profile)v
    View attachment 367083 v(Profile of user that scammed)v Notice all the +rep.
    View attachment 367084

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2016
  2. Toast Mama

Toast Mama New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:74808385
    I'd also like to add that this is an alt of the real GroovyPanda, just to clear up confusion. Theres a bunch of people impersonating him.
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Well its hard to say with the screens you provided who is who - the screen shot of the groovy panda account you shows is different then the one you reported.
    What is the account to the percy person? The chat is ok but again I have no idea who is who here.
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    I was able to track down the person you spoke with, and it appears this was an impersonator of the real Groovypanda. I have updated your report accordingly, but the imposter was already tagged by 2 communities. I have updated their notes accordingly. In the future, please review our Safe Trading Checklist to confirm who you are dealing with and NEVER trust links in chat. I also recommend reading our extended guide on safe trading practices.

Fake Groovypanda:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**