1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198079314411 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Gage, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Gage

Gage New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:142173849
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198079314411

Victim profile: 76561198244613426

What happened? Description:
    I was about to trade with this guy and he said he wanted to make sure if I was legit, So I agreed with him and he told me to add 3 people. One person accepted my friend request and seemed really legit and did a great job at scamming me. I checked out his profile and it said he was with this website and so I just believed him. I then handed him over my fac new bayonet slaughter and then balled my eyes out for the next twelve years. They then told me to hit "ctrl w + w + w and little did I know that it deleted all of the messages I had with them. I was very skeptical when he said to do this so I only did it once.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

• Scam.PNG
      Scam.PNG
      File size:
      286.1 KB
      Views:
  2. AznZeus

AznZeus New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40386372
    You likely traded with an impersonator youre reporting the real guy
    get the steam64 url which is unique to every account
  3. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Hi, it looks like you may have traded with an impersonator.

First, either open your inventory in a browser or do so in Steam after enabling URLs to be shown in Steam. Then click on the profile you traded with in your history, paste the URL into SteamRep.com and paste the ID block here. From there we can see the actual profile you traded with and do what is necessary from there on out.

Thanks!
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Because you have not followed up with any of the requested information, we cannot process your report and it will be closed. Like most reports of this type, it is most likely an imposter who copied the middleman's profile, which we have no way of finding until you follow up.

If you decide to return at a later date with the proper evidence, please review the following information and be prepared to provide evidence for your claims: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...eman-admin-listed-on-steamrep-what-now.121100