1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198162350104 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Psyche Claus, Dec 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psyche Claus

Psyche Claus New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:81963453
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Other cash fraud (webmoney, bitcoin, etc)
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198162350104

Victim profile: 76561198124192634

What happened? Description:
    He tried to scam me for my Unusual Handyman's Handle with the Blizzardy Storm Effect worth around £20 on the Community Market.

First of all, he added me the day before and was just talking to me, I asked why he added me and he said that I added his brother a few hours before he added me, some guy called 'TheDogeLover' which was in on the scam too. They were both very friendly but then after a few hours they started to say things and sounded scammy.

Pretty much, when I logged on about an hour ago from making this Report right now, TheDogeLover messaged me asking if he could borrow my Big Mann on Campus cosmetic for the Scout on TF2, I said no and said that I don't let people borrow items, he promised to give it back to me in 1-2 weeks but I still declined and he was okay with that. So that made me feel a bit weird.

Then, after around 2 minutes later, the other guy, "his brother" apparently, messaged me and said that he would buy my Unusual for 500 dollars, now I knew this was going to be an instant scam but I decided to go along with it anyway and took screenshots along the way (which will be added on the evidence section below). I was saying that it wasn't worth 500 dollars, it's worth 20 which it is plus I don't live in the US anyway, I live in the UK. He said that he coded a special command to use on the cmd on his PC which he claimed to generate a code after entering which is really funny because the cmd has nothing to do with generating codes for money and then he said he would then press merge fields then grab the item and click merge line and then he would use a spawn bot. This wasn't making sense and I'm sure it isn't making sense for you either because this is impossible and I haven't heard any thing this fake and crazy in my entire life.

He was then explaining steps on how we would do the deal. I asked whether I had to go first and trade the Unusual over to him, he said yes. Now obviously I didn't do it but I still asked for more details and it appeared that when I was asking questions he was struggling to answer straight away and was making up different answers contradicting/embarrassing himself so many times. He also said that the command was so precious and technical that I won't understand it and I won't have access to it, that's because it's all a lie right?

So wrapping it all up, the main scammer didn't actually scam me as I didn't fall for it as he made it so obvious that it was a scam and I didn't lose any items, I was just wondering if I could get this guy and that other guy that was the 'Co-scammer' behind the limelight shall I say punished so that they can't try this on anyone else.

The Co-scammers Identifier Block (TheDogeLover) - The guy behind the limelight acting innocent who was claiming that TheScrubKiller was his brother when they were actually cooking up a plan to scam me - hense why he said the phrase "this is a robbery, you will have to give me your plumbers hat" obviously shows he was involved in the scam wanting to get the item (Unusual) as my Unusual is a Plummer's Hat:

| steamname: TheDogeLover
    | steam3ID: [U:1:295694672]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:147847336
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198255960400
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198255960400

Provide Evidence:
    All these images show different stages of the trades/chats with the main scammer 'TheScrubKiller'. Don't worry about the Sinister guy, he is my friend and he's sticking up for me :cool:

Attached Files:

2. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    Hello @Psyche Claus,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile. If you have any evidence regarding TheDogeLover, please provide it. As it currently stands, I don't see any evidence to mark him.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.