1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. ^Σ§Ƈ^ Mofo #Sick

^Σ§Ƈ^ Mofo #Sick New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:51078243
    Name change request?

I have unwanted hashtags & clan tags in it and I'd like them removed. Any user with ACP able to do them or can someone link me to a threat etc?
  2. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    We don't change people's names except under rare circumstances (someone having admin in their name for example).
  3. ^Σ§Ƈ^ Mofo #Sick

^Σ§Ƈ^ Mofo #Sick New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:51078243
    By any chance the community changes names for partner community's staff?
  4. joe7dust

joe7dust New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:11393704
    How many hours a day do you devote to this "job" ?
  5. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    Not unless it is a permanent name change as far as I know, and still then only very rarely. (assuming I am reading your question properly. I interpreted it as 'Do we change the names of partner community admins?'
    tQQQ.SecretShopIligan likes this.
  6. tQQQ.SecretShopIligan

tQQQ.SecretShopIligan New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:78805876
    Why are video recordings are not consider as evidence?
  7. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Because they have a bad habit of disappearing, same as with screen shots hosted on 3rd party sites like gyazo or imgur. You can post evidence thru those and they can be or have been removed in the past. We don't have the resources to host videos at this time or in the near future.
  8. tQQQ.SecretShopIligan

Steam:
    What about youtube, those you mentioned i think is for image. I was askin bout video.

I don't think youtube have that habit.

Thanks anyways
  9. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Imagine you upload it to youtube then for some reason you delete it. We would have no evidence whatsoever.
  10. tQQQ.SecretShopIligan

Steam:
    The purpose of filming the whole thing is to provide hard evidence on the accused. If I am the victim i would never do such thing in removing my hard evidence. I mean its the only thing that I can hold to make that guy pay for what he did. or its the only thing that I can prove that the whole story I told was true.

But anyways, I know you get my point but I also understand that evidence must be intact just here in SR.

Thanks
  11. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    You could delete the video for a ton of reasons, by mistake, etc... We can't have tags with evidence hosted in ANY 3rd party sites.
  12. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    To further clarify, we only take evidence that can be hosted directly on our forums. We do this because if the evidence is not hosted on our site we cannot guarantee it will still be there down the road. I'm talking 3, 5 years later. Using the example of Youtube, the accused could target that video and file several reports to Youtube saying it violates Youtube's TOS, and Youtube may take it down themselves. The user could change their privacy settings on their account, making it impossible to verify the evidence in the event of an appeal. The user could delete their account. The list goes on, but someone most likely isn't going to be thinking about a Steamrep report they made 3-5 years ago when editing their account settings, but the main reason is because we cannot guarantee the evidence is preserved unless we are the ones hosting it. This avoids these issues down the road, and makes our lives easier. Users can take videos and submit them for us to look at, but we would also request that they screenshot the important parts of the video and upload those screenshots to our forums as evidence.
  13. tQQQ.SecretShopIligan

Steam:
    Thanks, I understand.
  14. [FaZe]Chair

[FaZe]Chair Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:97884079
    To any steamrep mod or admin. I was banned on SR for scamming and after 20 days of my ban I have decided to repay the victim. The one problem with this is that the day my ban was received I suppose the victim blocked me. I would like an admin to ask the victim to unblock so I pay repay him/her back for a chance of forgiveness and my tag being removed. Thank you.
  15. Mako11

Mako11 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:1069981
    why not review reports with videos and make decisions on them in a hasty matter? This way you are taking care of reports with 100% proof as soon as possible.
  16. Mako11

Mako11 New User

Steam:
    I have a question about what steamrep considers to be an ATTEMPT TO SCAM through Paypal or real money. Apparently my report of a scam attempt wasnt really an attempt to scam.
  17. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Videos have a bad habit of disappearing for whatever reason... we can't host them here not enough storage.
    Best to screen shot things and provide them that way. We don't have time to sit here and strain our eyes over videos mostly in poor quality to find the evidence we need when you could go the extra mile and provide the evidence needed.

You are in discussions with a user... they wish to offer XX funds for something - you both agree and note it (take screen shots as without these reports are gonna be rejected). You send this user items.... they leave without paying and you provide evidence to verify this in a few ways such as the chat discussion, trade history, paypal activity history or other currency being used but it must be 100% unedited screens. Someone you send items to sends you a paypal invoice rather than funds and disappears/blocks you etc.
  18. Mako11

Mako11 New User

Steam:
    That is not what an ATTEMPT means.

at·tempt
    əˈtem(p)t/
    verb
    1. 1.
      make an effort to achieve or complete (something, typically a difficult task or action).
      "she attempted a comeback in 1989"

noun
      1. 1.
        an act of trying to achieve something, typically one that is unsuccessful or not certain to succeed.
  19. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Yes, now you have to prove it 100% - we have many reports like this that someone claims happened or would have happened but nothing to back it up. We can't and won't accept a report without proof.
  20. Mako11

Mako11 New User

Steam:

i provided the chat logs as proof and you stated that its not proof that he was ATTEMPTING to scam, i asked what would be considered as proof, you couldnt tell me in your own words an official rule on steamrep. And in here you posted that proof of an ATTEMPT of a scam is only considered when you DO get scammed ei, the scam when through is NOT an attempt anymore.