1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198106045692 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by piggy, Feb 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piggy

piggy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41587411
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198106045692

Victim profile: 76561198043440551

What happened? Description:
    I was approached by a person on csgolounge telling me to add them on steam for a trade. He told me he had won a knife on a well known gambling site, however I'd never used it before, and he stated he had a 3 day cooldown after winning a pot and we'd have to trade via the sites trading platform. Against my gut feeling, I went with it and made a request to deposit my knife. I told him when I was depositing my knife to the site and he used an alt under an alias of the site's bot to send me a trade request at the same exact time.​

Provide Evidence:
    About a hour ago a person added me looking to trade a gut knife doppler for my falchion knife urban masked that he won on a legitimate well known gambling site called csgobig. He stated that he had a 3 day cooldown for withdrawals after winning items from the site. Having never used the site before, but having used similar sites like that before and receiving similar cooldowns, I naively believed him. Due to my false belief in his legitimacy I told him I would deposit my knife into the site and would send him a trade via the site's trading platform. He asked me exactly when I was adding the knife to the site and had an alternate account of his send me a trade offer under the alias of one of the site's bots. When my deposit initially didn't pop up on the site I soon began to worry, he then began to tell me that my deposit could take up to an hour to twelve hours to show up on the site. After about 5 or so minutes of waiting I decided to check the bot profile and found that it was private with multiple name changes. After realizing this he began to tell me how sorry he felt for me, and how he's been scammed before for $200. About 5 minutes later he removed me from his friends list and proceeded to block me. My knife is now in his inventory. He's since made his inventory private.​
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**

Attached Files:

• a.png
      a.png
      File size:
      89.4 KB
      Views:
    • b.png
      b.png
      File size:
      89.1 KB
      Views:
    • c.png
      c.png
      File size:
      84.5 KB
      Views:
    • d.png
      d.png
      File size:
      95.6 KB
      Views:
    • e.png
      e.png
      File size:
      91 KB
      Views:
    • f.png
      f.png
      File size:
      460.8 KB
      Views:
    • h.png
      h.png
      File size:
      300 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2016
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Hello,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.