1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198143217500 - ([Steam] Steam Games)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Turbo Nozomix, Mar 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turbo Nozomix

Turbo Nozomix New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:3025304
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [Steam] Steam Games

Accused profile: 76561198143217500

Victim profile: 76561197966316336

What happened? Description:
    I entered into a trade agreement with user "Brad Pitt" (http://steamcommunity.com/id/deftisreal/), for a bunch of extra Steam games I had, in exchange for a Steam key of Far Cry Primal. I offered to go first in the trade, and after I delivered most of the keys I said I would, Steam member "Brad Pitt" said "this seems enough", indicating that they were satisfied with the number of games given. Then I waited for them to deliver a key for Far Cry Primal, and it never came. I made repeated requests over a period of time for Steam user "Brad Pitt" to explain what was happening, but they went offline, then online multiple times, before going offline for over a day without saying anything.

A day and a half after they went offline, they responded to my last request for information, and tried to convince me that the keys I delivered them were fake (they weren't, I generated gift links from humblebundle.com seconds before I sent most of them directly to BP). However, one non humblebundle key I sent to BP must have been already registered with me, apart from my awareness, because I received a notification email from Valve that somebody had tried to register my key. I only received one of these emails, indicating that no other keys were in conflict. As I voluntarily had gone first in the trade, there was opportunity for BP to bring up any issues they encountered with the keys I sent - they brought up none.

Also, Steam user BP tried to convince me that the Steamrep account that links to his account, which lists him as engaging in item scamming and as impersonation in an attempt to defraud other people, wasn't his, and that it belonged to another user called "Brad Pitt". I pointed out to them that the Steamrep ID and his Steam profile ID are identical, and that the Steamrep profile for him also lists me as being on his friends list. Both profiles also have the same Steam level, and the same profile picture. There is no discrepancy between his profile and the Steamrep profile, which lists him as a scammer, and attempted fraudulent impersonation.

Also, Steam user BP tried to tell me that they'd tried to contact me about things, but that I went offline, and also that I'd banned them. I did neither. I don't shut my PC down, and did not log out of Steam in-between our two chats - and the screenshots of our chats which I'm attaching here shows this perfectly: The fist listed chat message in our 2nd chat is a saved message from the first chat. And the first chat's screenshots show that Steam user BP had gone offline and online multiple times before I sent that message, and that after sending that message BP went offline again.

This BP person also tried to convince me they would report me for scamming, and that they would upload a screenshot of our conversation to somehow argue it. That part of the conversation is included in the screenshots I've attached. This BP person is clearly someone who is entirely comfortable with misrepresenting themselves, screwing others over, and lying to people's faces.

I also have entirely uncropped full-monitor screenshots of our second chat, and BP's Steamrep profile showcasing me as one of his friends (though he's probably unfriended me now), in case those are needed.​

Provide Evidence:
    View attachment 385712 View attachment 385713 View attachment 385714 View attachment 385715 View attachment 385716 View attachment 385717

I also can take screenshots of the humblebundle gift URL's being displayed in my humblebundle account, if they are of any use in this.​

Attached Files:

2. Turbo Nozomix

Turbo Nozomix New User

Steam:
    I think that the purpose of the 2nd Chat Steam user "Brad Bitt" initiated with me, after going dark for a day and a half, was to contrive a dialog which they could use to create a false impression of me and our trade, and send to Steam in their defence. It may have been that Steam already contacted them by that time to inquire regarding my allegations, and they wanted to form and back up a cover story.

I say this because "BP"s conduct in the 2nd Chat is a systematic string of lies, which one after the other keeps falling through. And every time each one falls through, they simply move on to the next, as if hoping to find one that'll not be contested.

1. You'll note that BP starts with 'except every hb gift link was fake / already used'. I refuted that allegation, which isn't true, because I only generated the gift links the moment before I delivered them to BP. I can also post screenshots of the hb.com generated URLs to compare to what's in the chat screenshots show they are 100% authentic.
    2. They claim they don't have a reputation for scamming - but that claim is obviously false: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198143217500
    3. BP seems to suggest to me that the profile I linked to could belong to another "Brad Pitt" Steam user, but the profile is the same ID as his, and even showed me on it as being in his friends list at that time (though he removed me after the 2nd chat)
    4. Then they modify their claim of used keys, and say that only Civ V and XCOM were used, thereby dismissing their previous that the generated gift links were invalid. I refuted this claim as well. I only received one key conflict email from Valve, and I'm unsure which game it was for. Whether the conflict related to XCOM, I do not know, though I believed that key to be good, and I still suspect that key was perfectly fine - and I know when I purchased Civ V through Steam, and never had use for that Civ V key from the Golden Joystick awards (either 2013 or 2014, and I know with certainty that it was a valid key - and I'm sure Valve knows it too, when they check when it was regged with a Steam account). If there was a conflict, I gave BP full opportunity to first register all keys, and report any issues. Instead, they kept accepting keys, registering them, and then went dark until after I had posted scam reports on their profile and in the Steam forums, and reported them to Steam.
    5. They ask if I want screenshots to prove it, and I answer "Yes" - then they don't provide any screenshots.
    6. Then BP claims they would have contacted me about things, but that I went offline - this I refuted, and my chat screenshots show that I messaged BP multiple times without an answer, while they went offline and online over a longer period of time. This claim of BP's is patently false, I remained online for the duration between our two discussions.
    7. Then BP claims that I blocked them. This is again patently false, and I never went offline, nor conducted any effort to obstruct contact with BP. It wouldn't make sense for me to block somebody who owed me something, and left me waiting without an answer for it.
    8. BP then suggests that he was banned on Steamrep because of my comments on his profile and in the Steam forums, leading to people reporting him. This is nonsense - his Steamrep ban existed before I entered trading with him, and his ban status hasn't yet changed since before we started trading

Then BP logs off and removes me from their friends list, and I presume also blocked me. I haven't attempted to re-add them.

So I think that this whole 2nd chat, initiated by BP 1.5 days after they stopped responding to my requests to know what was happening, was an attempt by BP to orchestrate some kind of chat history that they could use to frame a defence for themselves, and their attempts go through one failed attempt to frame a dialog after another.
  3. Turbo Nozomix

Turbo Nozomix New User

Steam:
    Also, BP's behaviour in number 8 "BP then suggests that he was banned on Steamrep because of my comments on his profile and in the Steam forums, leading to people reporting him. This is nonsense - his Steamrep ban existed before I entered trading with him, and his ban status hasn't yet changed since before we started trading"

Conflicts BP's behaviour in number 3 "BP seems to suggest to me that the profile I linked to could belong to another "Brad Pitt" Steam user, but the profile is the same ID as his, and even showed me on it as being in his friends list at that time (though he removed me after the 2nd chat)"

BP's acknowledgement in #8, that his account is banned, discredits BP's suggestion in #3, that the banned Steamrep's BP profile belongs to another BP. He's basically falling over himself while cycling through one failed defence after another, not caring one bit about what it means that his previous argument is exposed as false while he goes on to attempt another one. It doesn't seem to register with him that if his previous claims are acknowledged by him to be false, then there already isn't credibility in any new one that he makes afterwards. And there also is obviously zero credibility in the new argument they presented (while establishing that they acknowledge their previous one as false), that they were only banned on Steamrep because people reported him after seeing my comments, because: none of his current Steamrep reports refer to our trade, but refer to specific instances, and also " his Steamrep ban existed before I entered trading with him, and his ban status hasn't yet changed since before we started trading".
  4. Mr.Oda

Mr.Oda New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:34728369
  5. Same2me

Same2me New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:66721040
    You realize he's already marked for impersonation right?
  6. Daniel Krüeger

Daniel Krüeger Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:91475886
    Basicly...This guy tried to scam me.The CIV V and the xcom codes were already used,and sorry,i wont give FCP key for 3x 10 euro s✿✿✿ games..also,i only used the call of juarez gunslinger game key,the others are still his. I provided him refund in a Dark Souls:prepare to die edition,which he refused to accept. About impersonating:It was stated in my profile a bit below,that:"Im not this guy(link to Mr.BP's profile)..maybe sometimes you should read.Thank you!
  7. Turbo Nozomix

Turbo Nozomix New User

Steam:
    This clown is desperate to have the Steamreport I filed against them removed, but they're only going to attract further attention to the issue. I've asked this person, "Daniel Krüeger" / "DK" / "Brad Pitt" to add me on Steam from the Steam account they activated the keys I sent to them, so that I can verify what games are within that account, and they refuse to do this.

20 minutes ago, I asked them in Steam chat to contact me from the Steam account which they registered the keys I sent them to, so that I could see which games were in that account. After a long pause, they responded by saying that they don't have any other Steam accounts. I know this is untrue, because the games which they have claimed to have activated from what I sent them aren't in their Steam account, and also because their own Steam profile for the account they contacted me with says that they have at least one other Steam account. Or at least it did, right until some minutes ago, when they gave their profile a makeover to remove such comment.

Here is what their profile looked like right until they changed it just before now:
    http://files.f-o-g.eu/2d2ba9g6c1ec2agebb5a17feb5733gd5 or http://i.imgur.com/lrf0Cnq.jpg

(Thanks to same2me for posting a screenshot in the other scam report about this user, in the thread: http://forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/10806-76561198143217500-fajank0-bot.html)

In that image it says "This is the ONLY account I use for trading and buy/sell, I will never add you from alt."
    I'm guessing they changed their Steam profile to hide that evidence before posting on Steamrep, as well as so that they didn't post while still impersonating the other "Brad Pitt"'s profile.

Throughout the chats I've had with "DK" / "Brad Pitt", which I've all kept, "DK" has claimed varying numbers of keys which they registered from me, from including all but 2, to all the humblebundle gift links, to only 2 keys, to only 1 key, and in this thread, he claims the number 3.

DK / BP has claimed in chat that I'm cyber-bullying them, that I'm violating his country's rights, that my friends are adding them on Steam and telling them to commit suicide (I haven't discussed this matter with anyone from my Steam contact list), that their country is watching everything they do and that they can prove everything by going to going to their country's "internet watching central"... and they've tried to convince me that I shouldn't care because my keys aren't worth much anyways - like I should care that a thief is able to steal from me without consequences more than I should care about not being stolen from. This DK / BP person is a wacko.

Aside from making ridiculous statements, DK / BP has been continually fishing for chat content which they could use to argue something against me. DK / BP offered to pay me to cancel my Steamrep report against them, and I responded that if they pay $30 USD, which is not even a quarter the potential trade-value of the keys / gifts which I sent to them, and only half the retail value of the item they were supposed to give me from the trade, that I would post in my report that the matter has been settled between us. They instead offered to provide me a key for Dark Souls 1. I already own DS1 on Steam, and would have no way to verify such a key without registering it - and DK / BP is not trust-worthy to be receiving an unverified key from. So I said this would not work as compensation. That made them extremely pissy, and they came here and made the above post in this thread.

By the way, in their above post, DK / BP writes:
    But as you can see in this image of their previous profile ( http://files.f-o-g.eu/2d2ba9g6c1ec2agebb5a17feb5733gd5 ), there is no such cautioning.

DK / BP has been compulsively lying throughout our conversations, and everything that comes out of this person seems to be an attempt at deceiving. And they appear to have no remorse for anything which they say, even when the things they say are completely, and immediately provable as false.
  8. Turbo Nozomix

Turbo Nozomix New User

Steam:
    I think it's important to compile further evidence against a user, if further evidence is available. Doing so emphasizes the risk involved in dealing with this person - and this particular person is a compulsive liar, who would tell the next person any excuse to downplay why they have an existing ban, just as they have been trying to do with me. If I hadn't made this report, DK / BP would not have changed their Steam profile from impersonating the backack.tf dev owner "Brad Pitt", so their changing their profile is already a positive outcome.
  9. Daniel Krüeger

Steam:
    You are really sitting here,and writing novels..his friends are added me,and told me to"Kill yourself and your family you mother f✿✿✿✿er scammer c✿✿✿".Also,i didnt use the codes he gave me,so i cant show the account,i used them on,because this is my one and only account. Also,my attempt to refund was pretty nice,counting that he made a mistake giving me false codes...(/already used)
  10. Turbo Nozomix

Turbo Nozomix New User

Steam:
    If you suspect that any of my friends added you, then you should name them, or even just one of them - just as I said to you in chat. You refused to name any. I haven't talked about this issue with anyone, apart from making my public posts regarding the issue.

If you experienced any issue with the keys or gift links I gave you, then you ought to have mentioned the issue, and not continued to register the keys, ignore further contact, and then disappear offline.

It is remarkable that you have a million and one accusations, but not a single screencap to demonstrate any of them - all the while, many of the things which you have said are provably false by my, and other people's screenshots. And you also keep contradicting your own self in your words.

You mentioned you activated 3 keys in this thread (though I checked the gift links I sent to you, which I generated only the second before sending to you, and they had been activated). Which 3 games do you now claim those to be? You told me in chat that you activated Bridge Constructor, but there is no Bridge Constructor in this Steam account of yours: http://steamcommunity.com/id/deftisreal/

The Civilization V key which I delivered to you was good, which I had kept from the Golden Joystick awards. That key has now been registered.

I would not trust a key you deliver to work, considering your conduct and statements in this. I think you only made this offer so that you could say that you tried to make an offer and I did not accept it. Regardless, a key for one $20 game does compensate for 1 $36 game (Company of Heroes complete), 1 $30 game (Civilization V), and a bunch of $10 games.
  11. Daniel Krüeger

Steam:
    I stopped registering the keys,after i saw the issue,but i didnt want to talk with you anymore after this,because i thought you are a scammer.
  12. Turbo Nozomix

Turbo Nozomix New User

Steam:
    Also, your offer of this game came after 5 previous, often lengthy chats, where you tried to coerce me into cancelling my Steamrep report against you. It wasn't "nice", it was a final bullshit after your constant re-adding me on Steam, rambling a bunch of nonsense, and then removing me from Steam again - until you'd re-add me and do the same thing all over again. There is no way to twist you taking my keys and ignoring my requests to know what was happening, and then disappearing for 1.5 days, until you saw the comment I posted on your Steam profile about you scamming me of my keys, and with a link to your Steamrep ban. Only then did you care to answer anything regarding this issue.

I volunteered to go first in the trade, and allowed you to register everything before requesting what you'd offered me in return. If you encountered an issue with a key, then it was your responsibility to bring it up right away, so that it could be resolved right away. Instead, you kept registering the items I sent you, and then you disappeared. There was only an issue with one of the keys which I sent to you, and I know this because Steam notified me via email to say that someone attempted to register a key which was already registered to me. I think this was XCOM, because I know it wasn't Civ V, which I preordered from Steam and have had in my Steam account since the game's release... and I know it wasn't Alien Breed, because I already had that game. The other items in the trade were all humblebundle.com gift links, and I generated each of their gift links the moment before I pasted each of them in our chat. You registered Civilization V, Alien Breed, Company of Heroes complete, and a bunch of other $10 games, which can be seen in the screenshots I've attached in the OP.

You did not bring up any issue, and you ignored my requests for information, and went offline. That's theft. Even though one key was already registered (and I would have replaced it if you'd mentioned it), you took well over the trade value of what you were supposed to give me - and you've constantly being lying to get out of the negative outcome of me reporting this. What you did is steal, and you have made no attempt to make things right. You threatened me with reporting me for scamming (scamming what? I voluntarily went first in a trade that I received nothing for. That's not how a person scams somebody), and by saying you'll report me for cyber-bullying (none of my friends have contacted you, and it is you who keeps re-adding me on Steam). You asked if you could pay me to cancel my Steamrep report, and you offered a game key that I said was non-sufficient and non-trustworthy from you - after which you promptly removed me from Steam again saying "not my problem :)", as if you felt you'd immediately fulfilled your responsibility in mentioning this non-trustworthy, non-sufficient offering.

You conduct is like someone who expects that being a compulsive liar ought to deliver whatever outcome you desire, and when it doesn't, you stamp your feet and don't accept reality.
  13. Grey7

Grey7 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:102807692
    It does seem like(in my opinion) that turbo is the attempted scammer here, and that this report is to look at what Daniel did wrong so that no one notices what turbo did. Just my two cents.
  14. Turbo Nozomix

Turbo Nozomix New User

Steam:
    Now can you explain how that would make sense? I volunteered to go first in the trade, and I delivered many keys, and waited while DK / BP registered them. It appears as though there was an issue with one key, but DK / BP just kept registering keys and stopped responding. How would my registering a scam report against DK / BP serve to cover any behaviour of mine, when I also volunteered the information that there appears to have been an issue with a key - and also when DK / BP was already banned on Steamrep, and there was no risk of a scam report from DK /BP, because there was nothing to report scammed?

It's amazing how an obvious compulsive liar, whose statements are absolutely riddled with holes and contradictions, can still dupe some people. And what kind of backwards thinking is it that thinks a person can attempt a scam by sending their keys over first? I'm amazed that even registers as a possible scam in somebody's mind.

DK / BP says:
    But I delivered all the non gift link keys a while before I started posting the gift links. You would have registered them first, and known of any key issue before you ever started registering any of the gift links. You haven't clarified which 3 games you're referring to in this thread so that they can be checked against your Steam account when you say you took 3 $10 games. But I know you took more, as the Company of Heroes gift link was used up after I sent it to you.
  15. Daniel Krüeger

Steam:
    I may made a mistake by getting a bit cocky,and going offline after seeing the codes are not working. However,i provided refund,he rejected it.I dont really know the way he wanted to scam me,i may used a wrong word,but still,this is not a thing i could be banned for,because this was not scamming from my side.
  16. Turbo Nozomix

Turbo Nozomix New User

Steam:
    DK / BP, you are combating issues on 3 fronts. One is the ARK key issue between you and Same2me, another is your bp.tf Brad Pitt profile impersonation issue, and the third is your trade issue with me.

Regarding your bp.tf Brad Pitt profile impersonation appeal, you say "I just named myself Brad Pitt and google pictured this prof picture,but it was stated in my profile information,that:"Im not this guy(link to bp.tf owner brad pitt profile)"

But you didn't just name yourself Brad Pitt, you also copied the same picture as the bp.tf Brad Pitt, and you also copied the same line on their profile page "with enough soap, we could blow up just about anything". And nowhere on your profile did I notice a "Im not this guy(link to bp.tf owner brad pitt profile)" statement.

Also, your previous "Brad Pitt" profile says This is the ONLY account I use for trading and buy/sell, I will never add you from alt."
    Now there are two possible interpretations of that line. One of them is that you mean to suggest to potential traders that the bp.tf Brad Pitt profile is your alt, and that people should not try adding that BP, because you will not accept them there. That would be an intent to defraud. The other possible interpretation is that you aren't meaning to say that, but are instead meaning to say that you have an alt Steam account - in which case, when you said above "Also,i didnt use the codes he gave me,so i cant show the account,i used them on,because this is my one and only account", then that was a lie. Either way, you claimed to have an alternate Steam account on your "Brad Pitt" profile, and are claiming something different here. And this 'just say anything and everything' behaviour is what I have been hearing from you ever since you contacted me after I made a post about our failed trade.

And this is part of the reason why, when you offered a Dark Souls 1 key, that I could not respond in acceptance - the willingness to say anything means that I couldn't trust anything that comes from you. Also, you removed me on Steam about 1 minute after making the offer, in our 6th overall discussion. It seems to me that what you wanted was a defence of saying that you made an offer, more than actually working something out (just as you seemed to be fishing for some content you could use when you accused me of cyber-bullying, scamming, etc). If you want to provide compensation, then you still should do so on the grounds that you know you took some value, and ought to provide the same value in return.

Another issue here is the idea that I would have been attempting a scam by first delivering keys, and then making a scam report after it didn't work out (it not working out being the 100% guaranteed outcome of such a maneuver) is thoughtless, and I have to question what would give a person that conclusion out of all that's been presented. Maybe Grey7 just felt like they were in a detective movie, and everything seemed too logical and straight-forward one way, and so their sentiments told them that everything therefore had to be the exact other way.

To suggest that there was an attempted scam from my side of things and that my posting of a Steamrep report was to distract from some scam behaviour from me, requires that it is first believed that there was a possible scenario outcome where delivering a non-working key could have potentially resulted in a successful trade for me, and that no report against me would have been written following it. So what is the alternative scenario for such a hoped-for scam: that the non-working key would have magically worked (and if it had, then there would have been no scam)?

And the very best thing to do, if it was wanted to keep people from noticing any of my conduct in this, would be to not post a report that details all the conduct of both myself and DK / BP. The 2nd best thing to do would be to not admit that a key did not work, and to accuse DK / BP of fabricating any claim that keys did not work.

Grey7 was just giving their opinion, and that's their right. But due to the lack of logical basis for such an idea, it bugs me that it was even suggested.

I've attached the 2nd page of DK / BP and my 6th Steam chat, where they offered a key of Dark Souls 1 in order for me to cancel my Steamrep report.

Attached Files:

17. Turbo Nozomix

Turbo Nozomix New User

Steam:
    It's my guess that this is where DK / BP found the Dark Souls 1 key: https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls/...n_joystick_dark_souls_prepare_to_die_edition/

So that's not a lot of effort in making up a refund for the items received.

There was a key conflict in what I sent DK / BP, and I think that either they were intending to cheat me, or they took the conflict as an excuse to take some keys, thinking I wouldn't report anything about it. If DK / BP had notified me of the issue, I would have immediately addressed it and replaced the conflicting key. I don't buy that other codes were invalid, because I know specifically when and where I got some of the involved items in my Steam library from, and this was probably just the 3rd or 4th time I've traded any games in my ~10 years of being on Steam.

The continuation of this case is tiring for me, and I am OK if moderators wish to close this case and just say the matter is resolved. I made my case, , and I'm sorry that it didn't work out, but I learned things from the experience.
  18. Daniel Krüeger

Steam:
    Thanks alot...and im sorry that your codes were used,i would've traded with you either way.

Thanks for being kinda polite at the end
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.