1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198094384897 - (blahblahfire / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by blahblahfire, Apr 6, 2015.

1. blahblahfire

blahblahfire Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:67059584
    What more proof do I need?
  2. blahblahfire

Steam:
    He took control of my account for only one day because I changed my password after he had hacked me.
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    If you don't have a screenshot of your ticket then the burden rests on you to prove you were hacked and you had nothing to do with the scam.
  4. blahblahfire

Steam:
    OK. Tell me what proof do I need? What screenshots do I need to take?
  5. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    To be honest, I don't think you can prove it, and I don't believe you either, but I'm giving you a chance to come up with something instead of outright rejecting your appeal right now.
    Unless you come up with something within the next week, I will deny your appeal. If this were something like a bunch of phishing links, your case might be more believable, but if I took your word that you never abused someone else's reputation thread to scam a guy out of PayPal, without a shred of evidence, then I'd have to give the same benefit of doubt to the thousands of other scammers who did the exact same thing. Not like a scammer would ever lie about something like that, ya know?

I'll give you 1 week to come up with something.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  6. blahblahfire

Steam:
    If I did hack someone, why would I trade a TF2 unusual for something that is worth six cents? Also, why would someone give me a bunch of free stuff on TF2 and then trade it for something that is six cents. Like I'm trying to make profit and I wouldn't do that.
  7. blahblahfire

Steam:
    He did ask me for my password and I gave it to him
  8. blahblahfire

Steam:
    I was new to steam at that time and I had a pretty nice inventory because my cousing gave it to me so he probaly took advantage of that. Also, can i use evidence from the hackers appeal to support mine?
  9. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Trade history with uneven trades doesn't prove you were hijacked. It just proves you sent the items to another account, which could very well be an alt, or you could have sold them for cash.
  10. blahblahfire

Steam:
    Then can I use evidence from the hijacker's appeal?
  11. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    I doubt it will help, but go for it.
  12. blahblahfire

Steam:
    So he wrote that he found me on a trade server but I don't go on trade servers. I'm not the guy that trades in TF2. I do all my trading on sites. He also said that i was selling keys for $1.65 but i have never gotten one single key in TF2. I can show you my entire trade history and you wont find a trade that shows a key in it. He also said he was gonna give me money on paypal when i don't even have a paypal account. He said he was banned for being an alt account for me because i scammed someone. I was new to steam at that time so i didn't know much about it and i cant possibly have scammed someone. He was probably on my account on his computer for him to become my alt. My steam username and gmail account was the same and the passwords were both the same so that is probably how he got into my steam account and they verification code that was sent to my email he probably used it to get into my account
  13. blahblahfire

Steam:
    How would he have become my alt if he hadnt gone onto my account. Which means he got onto my email right?
  14. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Can you give a complete timeline of events, from start to finish?
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  15. blahblahfire

Steam:
    It was pretty long ago but I'll try.
    First the hijacker added me. We chatted and we became like good friends. Then he was asking if I can give him my items for his little brother's birthday. I said no but he kept on bothering me. He was bothering me like everyday. I finally got tired so I gave it to him. Those items were pretty rare. Then we kept playing. He wanted one of my items for spiral knights stuff. I said i didnt need it but he said they would turn into keys after new years. I didnt want to hurt his feelings so i accepted it. He gave my 507 crowns thag he said wouls turn into keys after new years. We stop talking for a while. But then one day he msged me. He said hi and I said hi. We chatted about TF2 stuff. He then said to give him a password. I said why should I? He then said you don't have to give me your steam password. He said I can give him any. I still said no but what he said next made me panick. He said he was part of steam or like the staff. He said he would need my password or else a virus would be injected into my computer. I knew it was fake but I was pretty scared. I gave him my password. My user and password was the same as my email and steam so that is how he got into my email and steam. He got the verification code from my email to log into my account on his computer. After that we stopped talking. One day after that I went on to a TF2 server. My name was marked as [SCAMMER]. I didn't know what that was so I left it alone. But then I noticed that I was missing some items and checked my trade history. It said that I traded some items to the hijacker. I tried to msg him but he was offline. Then one day I was playing on a server with very little people. The was probably like there people. He joined the server and I msged him. I asked him if he stole my items. He said no. I kept asking him and he said " can we please just not talk about it" and I was like OK? Then after that he unfriended me and we never talked with each other again.
  16. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    By timeline, I meant with dates and times.
  17. blahblahfire

Steam:
    And y the way, I was going through my email and I found a verification code from 1/1/2014 that says someone was logging in from San Ramon when I live in San Francisco. That was probably where the hijacker hijacked me. I can screenshot the email to you if you want.
  18. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Go ahead and provide a screenshot of that.

I'd recommend you read this topic: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/ and pay special note to the following point(s):
    #1: Be honest
    #7: What are Alts
    #19: Usage of your account by friend/family.

With that in mind, please tell us any and all other account(s) you have access to, or which may be connected to you, including those used by your friend/brother/cousin/dad/dog/goldfish/whatever in the same household.

Also, I'm still looking for that timeline. When did you add this person? When did you give him access to your account? When did everything happen?
  19. blahblahfire

Steam:
    I know he is not my alt because i have never used that account and he is not linked to any of my computers. Me and my cousins are the only that have steam accounts in the family.

Attached Files:

20. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Still need that timeline of events.

Still need to know what other account(s) you use or have access to.

Did you read over that topic I linked?