1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198063969807 - (Spratzy / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Spratzy, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Spratzy

Spratzy Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:51852039
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198063969807 (Spratzy)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Process] Mistake - Admin misunderstood evidence or made a mistake
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    My friend http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002216472/ had his hat scammed from him a bit before the report was made towards me. The hat that was scammed from my friend was a knifestorm crones dome. He was trying to sell it via paypal. The person who added him and scammed him out of it http://steamcommunity.com/id/turkishpatriot was also the person who made the report about me. When my friend told me about him being scammed i added the person who did it and attempted to use scare tactics in the hopes that he was going to give the hat back. In no was shape, or form was i attempting to 'impersonating with intent to scam'. The evidence is incredibly weak and in no way hints at me trying to take the hat from him, i just talk a bunch of garbage about being a steam employee. As a result of being marked i was left with no choice but to sell my backpack and quit trading. Now, almost a year later and with summer looming, i want to get back into trading. However there is no way i am able to do so whilst i am marked. Feel free to add me on steam i would be more than happy to answer any questions. Can we also bare in mind that the person who reported me http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198064149649 is trade banned, has 3 reports against his name and also has 3 alternate accounts which are all also banned by SR.

Thankyou.​
  2. Spratzy

Steam:
    Also i want to add that the person who reported me didnt put much time or effort into the report, he literally attached 1 image which showed nothing and wrote about 8 words.
  3. Spratzy

Steam:
    Looking at the evidence that was provided in my report again, i cant help but feel completely and utterly outraged with the verdict. Even if what i was saying about my friend wasn't even true, how could i have been 'BANNED BY SR' for simply impersonating a steam worker. I mean yes, if i had said i work for steam and i wanted him to give me the hat otherwise i was going to VAC ban him or something along those lines, then fine, let the ban role in, but the fact that all i said was that 'i work for steam' I mean how does that justify a ban. You have literally just assumed that i went on to scam the person in question, which is completely unprofessional 'Innocent until proven guilty' Let's be honest, i haven't been proven guilty what so ever. Like i previously said, he attached 1 screenshot which shows me impersonating a steam worker and nothing else, so why have i been banned? So if you say you work for steam, your automatically scamming the person you told? I mean yes, the average person would assume that by saying you work for Steam your trying to scam, but you cant assume in something as serious as a SR BAN. Furthermore, how has the person in question even been able to report me? He is an extremely well known Turkish scammer, who more than likely scammed my friend, im not sure if you checked his SteamRep profile, but he has quite the number of bans, banned alts even trade bans. Why wasnt i given any notice of my impending doom? I could have said all this 500+ days ago when the report against my account was filed, instead it was left, without my attention to escalate and assumptions to be made without an explanation from my behalf. I do hope you read all that, as i am speaking my mind, something i didnt do in my initial post as i was afraid of persecution, but now, 5 months down the line, my patience is wearing thin. Thankyou
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hello @Spratzy,

Read this topic: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/
    And please pay special note to the following point(s):
    #4: Watch your appeal thread
    #12: Basic appeal procedure.
    #16: Time-frame of appeals
    #20: Status of your appeal.

Appeals are mostly done in order of age. Checking if a newly made appeal is duplicate or not and is fulfilling requirements is just a couple seconds work, actually doing the appeal can take between 1 and 5 hours of an admin.
  5. Spratzy

Steam:
    Thank you for your response. In my opinion, 5 months is far to long to wait for an appeal, how much longer will i have to wait, another 5 months? another year? there are hundreds of appeals before mine, some dating back years. Why don't you have more staff members who are actually able to deal with appeals, thus making the appealing process much more efficient, i'm sure i'm not the first one to mention this flaw in SteamRep's methods. I cannot comment on other appeals, but mine certainly wouldn't take 1-5 hours to resolve, the fact that i was banned in the first place, given the evidence presented to you is just mind boggling. It is quite clear from my explanation that i am innocent of all listed offences and that my initial report was completely miss understood.
  6. Spratzy

Steam:
    Im sure your already aware, however i cant help but notice the 17 pages of appeals that are still being processed and i cant help but feel that appeals are being created quicker than they are being reviewed. Some of the appeals date back to well over a year ago. Quite frankly this is absolutely ridiculous. I demand that someone either reviews my appeal now, or adds me on steam to tell me an exact time as to when it will be getting reviewed. Im disgusted with the service of this site/company. And to this day cannot fathom as to you haven't been shut down by steam. This is a vigilantly organisation, plain and simple, if your going to be doing what you are doing, you need the man power so innocent people like myself aren't standing with there c✿✿k in there hand, praying that sooner or later the slow and utterly useless resolution team get round to doing what there supposed to be doing.
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    We don't do predictions of when an appeal will be handled, for by that time, time schedules of our staff could have changed drastically. I linked you to a topic, I reccomend you actually READ it. Demanding and such will get nowhere here.

This is a volunteer organisation. there are 100 Million steam accounts, and only a dozen or so trusted volunteers here. You can choose:
    - Just say you lost interest, the appeal will be archived then.
    - Just only do constructive posting regarding your appeal. The topic remains open for replies that way.
    - Or anything else to bump your appeal for crap like this, and us locking the appeal thread till such a time that a admin will take the appeal.

your choice.

As a answer to your demands, you where already found guilty of scamming in some form by a admin. The appeals process is a REVIEW of this, and if you would fit OUR criteria if the ban COULD be lifted. We do not owe anybody anything.

And you where in the process of riling up that reporter to get him to give you items "for you where working for steam". Don't you think we've seen that more then enough? Threatening players that some guy from "steam support" gets them to be banned, even talking about that you contacted paypal about the reporters paypal account. Don't you think you have some explaining to do about that?

I've looked over the report. I gotta say, I would have marked you as well for it. now, think twice before answering the above question, and the implied question, and also excluding the rhetorical one.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  8. Spratzy

Steam:
    'And you where in the process of riling up that reporter to get him to give you items "for you where working for steam". Don't you think we've seen that more then enough? Threatening players that some guy from "steam support" gets them to be banned, even talking about that you contacted paypal about the reporters paypal account'

Thats where you are wrong. The point of me pretending to be from steam was to get the person in question to give the hat he just scammed, back to the person he scammed it from. Because the screenshot doesn't even show me asking him to give me the hat, it just shows me pretending to be from steam and saying i contacted paypal, you have quite literally just assumed i went on to scam him, like i said in a previous post on this thread. Its unfair to just mark me because you assume i go on to try to scam him, if the evidence doesn't show me doing so then it shouldnt be possible to mark me as you need to base the mark off solid evidence, which this was not. It unfair for you to just assume and make me out to be the bad person when i was actually trying to help a friend out, but instead the reporter flipped everything on its head. I understand you probably get allot of people pretending to be from steam, or steam rep and trying to force items out of people, but this has been taken the completely wrong way. This is the guy who reported me http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198064149649. I link his profile as it backs up my point as he is more than likely to have scammed my friend judging by his rep. The guy is obviously a scammer hes even trade banned. How can someone with that many offences be allowed to make reports is what confuses me. Feel free to add the person who this 'k<3mal' person scammed.

Thank you for responding, i really do appreciate it even though i may not show it. The fact i feel the report could take many months more just stresses me out.
  9. Spratzy

Steam:
    Sorry for the spam, this will be the last message on this thread, i have gathered some more links and screenshots to strengthen my case. Link to backpack of scammer (http://www.tf2outpost.com/backpack/119714) (The Knifestorm Crones Dome is still in there, as the user was trade banned when he made the report against me).

[​IMG] - Screenshot of the scammed items history

[​IMG] - Screenshot of conversation with person whos hat i was trying to get back (Knifestorm Cromes Dome)

[​IMG] - Screenshot of the trade history of the person who's hat i was trying to get back, as you can see he traded it to 'Twilight Of The Thunder God' AKA 'k<3mal' (scammer).
  10. Spratzy

Steam:
    Its now been 6 months. I'm sick of waiting, this is getting beyond a joke. I have laid out countless pieces of evidence and explained myself numerous times in my defence to the point in which even an autistic goldfish could see that I am innocent, can we just rap this s✿✿✿ up please. Or do I have to carry on wasting my time adding Admins.
  11. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Notes:

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Hidden Content:
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2016
  12. gencobra

gencobra Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:31047928
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:31047928
    Notes
    Hidden Content:
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  13. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Spratzy,
    You will have to wait until an admin adds you directly to process your appeal, you were given many warnings and temp bans over your abusive language assaults on SR staff and none of it helped, you will no longer be able to post on this site.

Hidden Content:
  14. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    After a very long read of many threads relating to the tagging, nothing is in dispute really, intent to impersonate a Valve employee to acquire a hat was made clear by you at the time and in your appeal(s). I do agree the attempt itself was very weak, but at the same time, you take no responsibility or acknowledgement of what you did being wrong. I am going to split the difference.

Due to the time this appeal has been pending w/o admin(s) addressing and other mitigating circumstances, tag will be downgraded to a caution. You have been given a exceedingly rare second chance since you did commit the offense, make sure you do not try anything like that again. Please note, further transgressions or if we find you lied to us, may result in you being retagged w/o the possibility of a new appeal. Since you did not show any acknowledgement of what you did being wrong or take responsibility for your actions, tag will not be able to be appealed down further.

Appeal downgraded.