1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198006802057 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Advent_, May 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Advent_

Advent_ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43275841
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Gambling] Gambling fraud or spycrab runner
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198006802057

Victim profile: 76561198046817410

What happened? Description:
    The steam user by the name"MicSeven | csgobowie.pro" randomly added me. He then typed in chat telling me he was a admin behind a website "csgobowie.pro" he was asking me to log into their website and review the item gambling pool. He told me to "choose a name" of a player sitting at the table entering their items. He said whichever player name I choose they will win thepot. The reason why he was telling me this was so I sign up to the website and enter my information.

I am 100% sure this guy is trying to scam me and others. This is why I am reporting it here. Possibly when users sign up using their steam account either the website downloads malicious software onto the computer, or the website steals users personal steam information.

Let's get scam gone so nobody gets scammed.​

Provide Evidence:
    Below are my screenshots of evidence !​

Attached Files:

2. advicebanana

advicebanana SteamRep Moderator Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11522747
    Moving to review
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. PoorAsianBoy

PoorAsianBoy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:60453222
    I can confirm this.
    This person added me claiming that he was the admin of the site csgofatality.pro. He wanted to make me automatically win and to split profits with him 50/50. I started recording to make sure I would get every piece of evidence if it was real. I played along with him and ended up giving roughly 25USD to deposit (thinking I could just take out the items whenever). Turns out, it seems the whole site was a scam and the bots are actually scammers. I was dumb enough to think that the site was legit and suspected the "admin" but it was instead the site was a scam as well as the accused.
    25USD is not much to me but looking at the inventory of the bot, it seems other users have been scammed because of the others items in the bot.
    https://gyazo.com/f330a2a7073356f16fc6e9428d5948e9
    https://gyazo.com/725095ec2aac867ca2a9f7f5e0e99bae

I took a full 30 minute length video of what went down live from start to bottom. If you guys need the video just tell me and I would upload it. Seems as though this is a new way of scamming I haven't seen before.
    Other scam sites: csgoluxury.pro
  4. PoorAsianBoy

PoorAsianBoy New User

Steam:
    Edit: Seems this type of scam is just getting out there : https://www.reddit.com/r/csgobetting/comments/35xaff/psa_warning_new_scammingbet_site/ (recent reddit post)
    It's confirmed the site is a scam and depositing items would result in the loss of items.
    My plan was to see if the guy was legit. If he was then I would report the person to email (left in the site) and just give back the winnings to the people. However I really never suspected the site.

^My uploaded live video on the situation
    I apologize if its really cringe or messy looking (I don't make videos).
  5. PoorAsianBoy

PoorAsianBoy New User

Steam:
    Edit: Whoops, misread the reddit post date as May 14th 2016. The scams been up for a while. But for sure : CSGOfatality.pro and CSGOluxury.pro are additional scam sites.
  6. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.