1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198058662819 - (Jellyfish on VACation 4ever / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Nympholama, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Nympholama

Nympholama Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49198545
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**

Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198058662819 (Jellyfish on VACation 4ever)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Evidence] Missing - Evidence is missing or not enough
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before and the admin told me to appeal again at a later date

Alternate Accounts:
    | steamname: ϟ White Wolf ϟ
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:47008863
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198054283455
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Wizardbank
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198054283455

Storage account.​

Appeal description:
    This is an appeal to the recent report that was made against me and that gave me a Scammer mark which i retain to be unfairly given after looking at what the victim offered as evidence.
    I apologize for my older Appeal and i did not mention the why i my profile was private, which is my accuser tried/is trying to get personal information from people in my friendslist which made me "close" my account for personal reasons.

Point one- View attachment 428337
    The agreement we had was only for the first pot as stated by the Victim himself:
    "anyways so the deal is, we are just entering the pot on sweetstakes..."
    It is clear he used the word "pot" not "pots", so the agreement does not consequently apply to any other pots done that night.

Point two- View attachment 428344
    The TOS of Sweetstakes show that when you deposit on a jackpot/pot, it is not guaranteed that you will receive the items you put in back.

Point three- View attachment 428341
    The Help page of Sweetstakes shows a difference between "jackpot/pot" and "jackpots/pots", since we played our jackpots on the site, A.
    must therefore be aware that there is a difference between "pot" and "pots".
    And as the screenshots show him asking about an agreement and me not agreeing, it should be taken as no deal was made between me and him as who would be the owner of the items after the jackpot ended.
    Here the Sweetstakes TOS would take place and make the winner be the rightful owner of the items, since no deal was made about giving back.

point four-
    No timestamps from our Chat were provided on the report that was made yesterday which may have lead to confusion as myself had a bit of confusion on which part went where.
    Timestamps are crucial in proving something, and the time in between each pot was very big, gambling wise, 40 jackpots passed and in 40 jackpots a lot can happen.
    View attachment 428342 View attachment 428343

point five- He asked other users with more important places in the TF2 community to ask for his items and ended up with a threat even if the user that threatened me believe it was not.
    View attachment 428339 View attachment 428340

The user in question is:
    | steamname: ༺ buddhapest ༻
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:136841
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197960539410
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/buddhapest
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197960539410

Which coming from a Bazaar.tf Admin is a big offense to do and give inappropriately without having read through the chat logs and only assuming having heard only 1 side of the story.

In conclusion, the evidence provided by my accuser is insufficient to prove any wrongdoing by me and was used as a means to protect his interests after gambling and losing fairly.​

Attached Files:

2. Nympholama

Steam:
    Here is the chat logs with the guy A. tried to take personal information off.

User that received the friend request is:
    | steamname: aarmy.Joker
    | steam3ID: [U:1:163056929]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:81528464
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198123322657
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/joker98911
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198123322657

The chat with A. provided by joker: joker.png

MY chatlogs with joker:
    1- joker 2.png
    2- joker 2.png
    3- joker 3.png
    4- joker 4.png
    5- joker 5.png
    6- joker 6.png

I will refer to me as JJ and to the other user as AJ.
    Starting from picture 4, the translation is:

JJ: Lel i'll tell you later
    JJ: Join TS (teamspeak) when i tell you
    AJ: np
    AJ: K
    JJ: Scammed is a big word, i won his hat on sweets
    AJ:That's what i told him
    AJ: Did you bet it?
    AJ: him
    AJ: no
    JJ: Look at my SR profile, he just wants to make a mess lol
    JJ: I'll finish my dinner and i'll tell you
    JJ: join TS and i'll tell you
    AJ: wait
    AJ: i'm on Arma 2 minutes
    JJ: sure
    Aj: What's the name
    AJ: of the program
    AJ: of the screen (screenshot software)
    AJ: I disabled it and can't find it
    JJ: prntscrn (software name)
    AJ: link of the chat

Attached Files:

3. TeR

TeR New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:62315399

Attached Files:

4. Nympholama

Steam:
    You said it yourself, this is not your place nor time my friend, and surely is none of your business what i do with my unusual and my winnings.
    Nevertheless, it should not affect my appeal at all since it's pretty much none of their business too what i do with my items, who is willing to buy them and who i sell them too.

Let me ask you how does that is useful to my appeal, or your defense?
  5. Nympholama

Steam:
    If you knew the whole story you'd know he is not a scammer alt, if you knew what i know and what many know, you'd know he got f✿✿✿ed over.

But sure, you like everyone else can think what you want about him.
  6. Anthony22793

Anthony22793 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20801777
    Lol i like how you are trying to get yourself unbanned but you are so stupid to even try. Clearly in our chat which you uploaded in your "defence" states, "Man you know i give back stuff", and when i asked, "you are giving it back yeah?" you replied instantly saying "yes". I dont know if ure stupid or just plain stupid in trying to argue your way out of an agreement talking about time stamp and pot and pots and whatever s✿✿✿. Just take your punishment, take whatever money you got out of the sale of ur backpack and you better hide. Because i will find you.
  7. Nympholama

Steam:
    Wait, let me ask you something.
    Is that the "agreement" you talked about on the report?
    Because from what i can see you never mentioned it once.
    Nevertheless, if that is why i got banned, there should be far more people banned than just me for changing mind on a trade.
    A returning agreement is valid only before a pot is made, not after, i can say i'll buy a key from someone today but if tomorrow i change my mind it doesn't mean that i should get banned for it.
    Agreements are done before something happens not after, and that does not count as an agreement, people can change their mind about stuff and if that is what got me banned; God bless this community because it's falling apart.

Seriously, that has nothing to do with "honoring a trade agreement", i just gave you all the proof needed that what you said on the report is pretty much bs, and just because i changed my mind After the pot and After i won the items fairly, it doesn't mean i should be banned for it.
  8. Nympholama

Steam:
    So let's read everything you wrote again.
    report.png

1- I never convinced you or tried to convince you as you stated 'After some time of contemplating and convincing done by him, i agreed to it.', you took just the time to read the chat, you will see that i always said and i quote "up to you.. but only if you want".
    Stop playing the victim here because i never intended to do anything wrong, i played following the rules YOU made, and as YOU said, i agreed to our first bet.
    Was there an agreement on the second one? No there wasn't, so stop saying bs about it, no agreement was done before the pot, which means i won the item fairly and you complaining makes you look even more childish than you already are.
    If After the pot, i decide to give it back or keep it, it's all up to me to decide, i can say Yes and keep it or No and give it back, that's no wrong doing here, just someone chaning idea; and if you believed something else, that is your fault for not making sure before the pot that a deal had to be made not mine.
    non coniving.png
    2- Quoting from the report:
    'After which we were just talking and i suggested we do it again because it was pretty funny and we wanted to piss some people off. So we went in again and this time he won the pot. After that he withdrew it from sweetstakes and he sent me a trade offer for it. I accepted the trade offer but he did not mobile confirm it.'
    As you said, the idea was yours, i never agreed to give it back before the pot was made, and sure i sent you a trade offer, but is up to me and me only to decide if i would keep the item or not.

3- Just because i replied with a yes to your question, "you are giving it back yeah?", After i won the pot it doesn't mean i am forced to give it back to you. If i change my mind about the answer you need to respect that and stop crying like a baby because you lost fairly while gambling.
    Those were my winnings, since i won i am allowed to do what i want with them, not have someone force me into giving back what they lost; if i change my mind and decide to keep what i won fairly out of gambling i should not be punished for it, you trying to "punish" me makes it even more ridiculous and makes you look stupid and childish.
  9. buddhapest

buddhapest Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:136841
    regarding you dragging me into this again:

as i clearly stated, i was not threatening you, simply trying to get to the bottom of it all and save everyone a lot of grief since the evidence was clearly against you.

and i gave you the opportunity for your side of the story. you actually didn't care to share that at all.

in your chat with me and later in the report thread you said you don't care. you refused to discuss it, you merely waved your disregard in everyone's face.

e.g. in http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...tf2-team-fortress-2-items.133185/#post-366897 you say:
    i don't think any of this has bearing on your appeal, it just irks me that you're dragging out my chat with you again since i provided it in the original report (http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...tf2-team-fortress-2-items.133185/#post-366928) already so i'm not sure why you think it would be relevant this time).

there's nothing in this for me, i barely know A. except that i trusted him with a very large trade and he came through (as he did with many other members of the community in the last 60 days)
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  10. Nympholama

Steam:
    Just because you say it's not a threat it doesn't mean it's not a threat, saying and i quite "and because i am friends with a lot of SR admins it will go pretty quickly".
    If you say that is not a threat then we may be seeing it from two different points of view but to me that is a threat, and it may seem like if i didn't give it back you would get me marked.

Oh i'm sorry if to appeal i need evidence and yours is part of it, no one asked for your input so no one is dragging you anywhere, you decided to comment not I, i was not intentionally trying to cause any wrong doing in your steam life regarding my point 5, but it had to be addressed.

Sure i can agree with you that my behavior in the report and the chat was the least correct one to use and if i replied with all the evidence i provided in the report it might have gone a different way.
    I was careless because it was the heat of the moment, having someone accusing me of scamming them when i didn't, they just played without rules thinking it was all good because he knew me.
    Took me some time to realize that sure i could be creating another profile and all but it would not feel the same, and i rather leave clean/half clean than marked.
    So yeah, if you are looking for an apology in the way i treated you i'm sorry for it.

I'm a man that keeps his word, ask around if you want some proof; if i promise i will do something, you can be sure that i will do it no matter how long it takes me.
    But if you or anyone accuses me of doing something that i haven't done for your own benefit, you can bet your ass that sooner or later i will come with proof of the bs you accused me for.
    I just followed the rules, as you can see yourself.
    • No agreement was made before the pot
    • I won the pot so SS rules apply = Winner keeps the items
    Yes you may see it different from me, but that's your opinion and you are entitled to it.
    If you believe i've done wrong, sure show me your proof and i'll be happy to agree or disagree with it; but as of now i cannot find any reason i should be banned for.
    I do agree that my behavior on the report was not correct on my side and that it probably influenced the final decision, but i just gave you proof that everything of what i was accused for is pretty much bs.
  11. Nympholama

Steam:
  12. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    The banned tag was the result of the second offense, this appeal will focus on both offenses and any cumulative effect they may/may not have to your overall tagging status.
    The original case,
    In the original chat after you re-added the victim, you said you spent hours trying to get the item back,(that you never should have traded away, no, I do not believe you were "tricked" into giving it away, that is not what a middleman would ever do in such a situation) You did not add the victim back in that time and only after a report was submitted did you do so to repay, this in my opinion, is enough to show your original intent. A caution is well warranted and is being upheld if it was your only offense, under the circumstances, a banned tag would have been warranted and further consideration for downgrade upon appeal would have occurred, but the tagging admin decided to give you the benefit of the doubt and just issue the caution.

As for the Second case,
    Point one, useless if you agreed to continue for additional pot(s) after, this is the crux of the case.
    Point two, irrelevant to SR tagging.
    Point three, as above.
    Point four, This is conjecture, if you have proof to back it up tho, you should have provide it already.
    Five, irrelevant to the SR tagging.
    Your second post is also completely irrelevant to the case at hand.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads...cation-4ever-banned-by-sr.133480/#post-367794
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads...cation-4ever-banned-by-sr.133480/#post-367986
    You concede to chat and reaffirm intent to return the item.
    There is no firm agreement for the second pot, this is not contested by anyone.
    Was there an implied agreement because "A" offered one that you then immediately entered into an additional pot, won and conceded you would return the hat after winning? This question comes down to this one screenshot.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/attachments/screenshot-2016-06-10-01-20-40-png.426961/
    You attitude in this appeal including deflection/defense of actions, actions in chats on other sites you do not contest, liquidating the hat asap, failure to repay (if you genuinely thought a misunderstanding) further heavily implies you know/knew exactly what you were doing the whole time, you did something that is very scummy, something you do not contest and boast about openly and proudly, but alone, cannot conclusively support a banned tag by itself due to not a strong enough implied one and, the original intent being ambiguous (unlike your prior case) is only shown after the fact. After an interview with the original tagging admin, they said they issued a banned tag for this second offense by itself, the second admin who handled your case would have issued a banned tag as well, Absent any other issues, I would have disagreed and only issued a caution myself.

Additional notes,
    Failure to disclose alternate accounts.
    https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198311566412 (this is usually an automatic appeal disqualifier but instead being used as a secondary reason, failed being honest)
    Reviewed claim of improper influence by a community admin, I did not find any internal threads/posts on our internal discord nor SR forums or site. Both the admins were interviewed anyways about this case for clarity on the report and possible influence. The admins who processed the case appear to have done so, correctly, on their own. Also interviewed was the community admin who you spoke with, they did not have any direct contact with the handling admins nor did either of them note or recall any influence campaign. Actions may or may not have been improper, they did not affect your tagging and is moot for appeal purposes.

In conclusion,
    The first case could have gone either-way but strongly warrants a caution. The second case is overwhelmingly clear with intent, even if no explicit agreement was made, your actions during and after support you knew what you were doing, and an implied agreement can be safely assumed, between the two cases and not being fully truthful, I find the banned tag justified as there is insufficient evidence to overturn the original admins decision. You show no remorse, retracted offer to repay and boasting about what you did openly and proudly, you pose a significant continued threat to users who choose to deal with you or may come across you, as you are likely to try these things again on others, the ban is upheld.

Appeal denied.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**