1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198301205755 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by pastaBicepss, Jun 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pastaBicepss

pastaBicepss New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:163524019
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198301205755

Victim profile: 76561198287313766

What happened? Description:
    He setup a very clever scheme that trades you to an (almost) identical account, however that account has Marble Fades with a regular pattern instead of the advertised Fire and Ice.​

Provide Evidence:
    On lounge I was looking for offers and I found this trade:

https://csgolounge.com/trade?t=167931619 (screenshot mirror is added)

Looked very legit, added him to friends and he told me to send me the offer. He deleted me afterwards which raised my suspicion but after confirming the Marble Fades were as advertised I proceeded nevertheless.

As I was confirming my offer I launched up my game to inspect that Karambit once more, and then I realized it was a clever trick to make you lose 150k++ in value. Luckily, I canceled my offer just in time.

All the proof you will need can be found in this video:

https://vid.me/fOsN

His alternate account info block (which should be banned aswell imo):

I hope I provided all the evidence required​

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      277.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Issue is mainly we can't confirm or verify another deal struck with this user outside of what was described here or the trade offer in question
    Will investigate to see if something is changed here.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  3. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    After looking over this report I agree that the accused has two accounts alike, nothing in the rules say you can't do that.
    But there is no solid proof of attempted scam. No chat log to prove accusations. The big issue with Lounge is that you can list something that you don't have in inventory. Its your responsibility to double check every transaction before clicking the trade or offer button. SteamRep is not here to "Police" every transaction that happens in a game. We are here to give you knowledge and a database of reports for you to reference to make your own decision's on whether or not to trade someone.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  4. pastaBicepss

pastaBicepss New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:163524019
    I don't ask you to police every transaction but this is systematic scamming which caused another trader to lose 200k in items 2 hours ago. For me its unfathomable why you don't see the attempted scam, as he is literally misguiding you to the account that has the cheap patterns. If this guy gets even 1 victim / day he will still gain over 9000 euro in 1 month. The only message he sends you is one requesting to send an offer, as I've attached in this message, and then he deletes you from friends (so you cannot offer him a trade).

I would like to know what kind of proof I am missing. Besides, I am not doing this for myself: I want people to be aware that he is a scammer and that he should be refrained from trading with.

Attached Files:

• 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      166.8 KB
      Views:
  5. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    We have looked over this and came to the conclusion that there was no scam/scam attempt.
    Archiving.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.