1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561197969420138 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by mynio, Jul 17, 2016.

1. mynio

mynio New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46950485
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561197969420138

Victim profile: 76561198054166698

What happened? Description:
    Added me for a trade. Offered a fair trade. Asked for a trusted friend of mine to middleman me. I traded the item to my friend, then accused sent him trade offer with will to scam me.​

Provide Evidence:
    Hello! It's me again, here's another scammer for You guys.
    I have everything recorded aswell if further evidence is required.
    Cheers!​

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2016
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks moving to review
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Hi @mynio,

A community admin requested that your report be expedited, because it was made against an admin of a high profile CSGO gambling website. On closer investigation however, it appears the person you dealt with was an imposter, and you trusted a link they provided. I have updated your report accordingly, but if you believe this was in error and you have proof of whom you spoke with, please make a new report with your additional evidence.

For reference, here is the person you reported (this is the real UndeadGhost, we couldn't find any evidence of you speaking with him):
    And here is the UndeadGhost pictured in your 3rd screenshot, and who we were able to uncover additional evidence you spoke with:
    In the future, please follow these steps to confirm who you are dealing with before trading or making a scam report: https://steamrep.com/tips/pretrade The 2nd profile is NOT the real UndeadGhost, and unlike the real one does not own or operate the CSGOBIG.com website, but appears to be copying the first one's profile in an attempt to abuse their reputation and credibility to steal items. I have issued a BANNED BY SR tag on his profile for other impersonations, and made a note of this additional impersonation so I'll go ahead and close your report. Please be more careful to report the correct profile in the future.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**