1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Help me Please!

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by reacioNy ★, Aug 12, 2016.

1. reacioNy ★

reacioNy ★ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:97894377
    Hey Guys,
    When someone sends me trade writes this:
    "Other members of the Steam Community have reported ✪ Dani3zZzZzZzZ for attempting trade scams. Proceed with caution, and remember you will only receive the items shown in the trade window. Steam Wallet funds and CD Keys cannot be traded."
    I swear I dont do scam in my life.
    Why its like this?
    Thanks...
  2. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    My guess is it's like that because other members of the Steam Community have reported you for attempting trade scams. (But I can't speak for Valve)
  3. reacioNy ★

reacioNy ★ New User

Steam:
    But i not do it... /:
    What can i do?>
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    If you see this and have second thoughts then don't trade with that user.

Edit: I read that backwards - YOU were being reported by others to Valve.
    Either way your issue is with Valve and Steam Support - you can contact them by going here.
    https://support.steampowered.com/
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  5. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Hello @reacioNy ★ ,

Users can report your Steam Profile for "attempting trade scams" and if your profile is reported multiple times by multiple users you can get "flagged" for "attempting trade scams" when someone tries to trade with you, this is a little notification window that shows this. You can test this with your friend or with an alt by opening a trade offer url with your "main" account or your friend can just invite you to trade and you can respond to it. That warning for "attempting trade scams" will go away in the close future if nobody else reports you, it works like a cooldown system, now before you panic or wonder what you did wrong, well you maybe didn't do anything wrong. Users can randomly spam report your Steam profile and it can trigger this "warning" when someone tries to trade with you, I noticed that a lot of users do this just to troll others, fake report other users out of some kind of revenge or similar or they're just mad about your offer, maybe you declined a trade offer or counter offered something which the other user didn't like and got mad over it so he decided to spam report your Profile. There are multiple reasons for this "flag warning", but don't worry if you didn't do anything wrong then you are good.

Regards ;)
  6. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46918739
    Right, I see this on a lot of trading website bots. They're bots, how are they going to scam you?

Don't panic, the message will go away eventually.
  7. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    That would make sense on fake bots, of which there are a lot. Make sure you trust the website, and follow the website's instructions to verify the bot to the letter.
  8. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
  9. reacioNy ★

reacioNy ★ New User

Steam:
    Thanks dude.