1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198196167305 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Psyche Claus, Aug 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psyche Claus

Psyche Claus New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:81963453
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198196167305

Victim profile: 76561198124192634

What happened? Description:
    The accused added me from a trade on CSGOLounge and said he has funds on OPSkins.com to buy a knife which he could then "trade" for my knife in return. I went along with it and played it out for a little bit to see if this was legitimate.

He asked me a question - "are you sure you want to do this trade?" I replied saying "yea" and he said something like "i just wanted to make sure so that you don't back out on the trade before I buy this knife"

So I went along with it and waited for him to buy this knife, he then says after about 5 minutes of me waiting that "can you just send me a trade offer of your knife and then I will counter-offer with the knife I bought just incase you decline" or something like that.

Then I knew that he was using the 'Counter-Offer Scam Method' and that he tried to scam my £220 knife.

I just blocked him after and reported him to Steam and now I'm doing this report. I also have something else to state. Whilst me and the accused were discussing the trade, some random person sent me a trade offer of their cheap £2 item for my knife, I declined of course and looked at his profile and just ignored him, but then I found that the accused commented on the person's profile who sent that scammy trade offer to me and they were friends and they were +repping eachother, so I thought I would also add that guy's Steam Identifier Block down below too here:

| steamname: Purplebot ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    | steam3ID: [U:1:126242163]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:63121081
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198086507891
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/dankmeymeys
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198086507891

Provide Evidence:
    These screenshot's include:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    The full chat window uncropped.

The chat window minimized next to my friends list to prove I was the victim.

Evidence that the two people were friend's with each other and that they were planning to scam me.

Activity showing me and the accused added each other.

The two friend's +rep comments on both of their profiles from both of them.

The View attachment 457618 trade offer from the accused's friend.​

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2019
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Psyche Claus
    Thanks - issue is I can't confirm you were ever friends with this exact user by SteamID - all I see is a chat box with a name and profile image. Need to verify this and you can do that with a screenshot of your activity - when you take this and it shows you adding the user hover your mouse pointer over the users name so it shows the popup of the profile. Take the screenshot and make sure it's Full Screen and make sure steam client URL is enabled, not edited or cropped in anyway!
  3. Psyche Claus

Psyche Claus New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:81963453
    Is this it? I already included that in the pics up above^^
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2019
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Yep that's what I need. On a side note - not concerned with the +rep by friends not something we look at anymore.
    Make sure you report the user to Valve
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.