1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198001869283 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Your Mom, Sep 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your Mom

Your Mom New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:37023409
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198001869283

Victim profile: 76561198034312547

What happened? Description:
    We agreed to trade my Burning Brainiac, GE Mohawk, GE Cotton, and Secret Brown Bomber.
    He asked me to please go first and after seeing TWO large traders in his trust section with LOTS of rep build up over the last 3 months I did. He RAN and immediately went private with my BEST items ;_;​

Provide Evidence:
    Just noticed he keeps changing his damn URL so I HOPE the devs don't get onto me over that.​

Attached Files:

2. Your Mom

Your Mom New User

Steam:
    Note, this guy was named A. and had been getting pretty involved in the community. Lots of big trades with big traders.
  3. [PPM]TheVenomWithin

[PPM]TheVenomWithin New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:68573242
    I can explain what happened. As a personal friend of a.s (whom also gave me 1.75k via PayPal for a pan), he'd never do something like this. I spoke with him, and it appears lategum purchased a's steam account, as A was cashing out. This means that lategum can't charge back old purchases, but may not give the cash now. I'm not sure why you went second, cash always goes first in any trade regardless of rep, due to how easy it is to charge back someone.
  4. Your Mom

Your Mom New User

Steam:
    He's come back public for a minute here's a picture that has the same profile URL (and my items...) and backpack.tf URL in case there's any issues with him changing it

Attached Files:

5. Your Mom

Your Mom New User

Steam:
    I f✿✿✿ed up really, I never EVER go second but he had so much rep from Naknak recently that it convinced me otherwise. I was just too stoked to finally cash out of this shitty world of trading a good chunk and be able to relax. f✿✿✿✿✿✿ retrogrades. Never trust technology / business during these f✿✿✿✿✿✿ times.
  6. Your Mom

Your Mom New User

Steam:
    I don't believe that honestly. Why would anyone sell their Steam account in this day and age? it's risky + Lategum is blatantly not to be trusted. His account didn't have hardly any games and there aren't any threads / trades up with him selling it. He rose to trading QUICKLY and sketchily and went from nothing to something instantly and was magically able to flip his unusual purchases into keys fast as hell ever few days. Too good of an excuse "I sold my account" for someone who did the bare minimum to get heavily involved in high tier, high trust trading.
  7. [PPM]TheVenomWithin

Steam:
    You may not believe it, but there's a reason the Paypal he's sent me hasn't been charge backed yet (and even if he does IDC, I have enough evidence for paypal to refund me).
  8. Your Mom

Your Mom New User

Steam:
    If he doesn't charge you back and there's no proof of the account being sold, then that looks pretty bad for you if you randomly "don't get charged back" even though it would be very easy for him to do.
  9. Your Mom

Your Mom New User

Steam:
    Why can't I edit the initial posts?

Anyway, here's what i know so far.

As you can see a LOT of people have trusted him with a lot of items recently. Thousands of keys to Nak Nak, lots of his unusuals being sold to "Darth Gaming" / "Fat Stormtrooper" who he recently joked about being "their pimp". I have no clue if they're connected but they are very suspicious people as well who are new to the community and have made a huge impact quickly. I have a feeling that by morning many people in the trading community are going to wake up with chargebacks...

He's RIGHT NOW taking the items he's scammed and gambling them on some new gambling sitehttp://tf2pot.com/ - which shouldn't even be up according to Valve's new rules. He just recently has modeled the account after another major scammer "Lategum" a few minutes after VenomWithin comes to the Steamrep forums with the "explanation" that A. simply sold his account to Lategum. Whether he's legitimately an alt of Lategum's or not is yet to be determined, this might just be a way of throwing people off.

• Picture proof with his Steam URL "76561198001869283" highlighted on bottom left.

• Here's some chat logs of him talking about it there (haven't gone through them all).

• And here's a MEGA alt with thousands of dollars in some of the best TF2 items to ever exist he just admitted to having for whatever reason.
    This person came up in the community FAST and was able to go from no one to flipping entire inventories / God tier unusuals overnight. The sketchiest thing is how he was able to not only acquire these god tier unusuals but mostly how he was able to quickly sell them for keys consistently within a few days of acquiring them. This is no easy task and the prices he claims to sell items for are very good. Finding a pattern with who consistently buys unusuals from him for Paypal / keys might point us to who he's working with.
  10. Your Mom

Your Mom New User

Steam:
    I'm also confused as to why VenomWithin is here - who definitely has a bone to pick with me - with the explanation just 30 minutes after the scam occur (and they're friends on Steam) and that minutes after he explains that it was "simply Lategum" the scammer starts modeling his account after Lategum.

Like, even if this is entirely true why would Lategum, one of the most notorious scammers in TF2 history, just simply tell VenomWithin everything he had just done minutes after he does it, and Venom instantly posts this info in this very thread - like some kind of a nod to me that he knows something without any proof to incriminate him. Your day will come buddy.
  11. Your Mom

Your Mom New User

Steam:
    VOX messaged real Lategum and he simply laughed - implying it might be him. http://imgur.com/a/kJjnb

Also Venom conveniently gloating about this and posting about it on reddit right after it happens, pretty weird k? http://archive.is/IcXJW
  12. [PPM]TheVenomWithin

Steam:
    I was aware that A. sold his account to lategum, not like I'd tell you that before he f✿✿✿ed you over though, you've done plenty to me in return. I've known lategum for a long time. We've never traded, but it's not like he has anything to lose by talking to me, it'd be word against word.

and yes, unfortunately for your arrogant ass, I don't give a s✿✿✿ you were scammed. Maybe if you weren't such a POS that had me blocked I'd have the decency to tell you you were going to get scammed.
  13. Your Mom

Your Mom New User

Steam:
    So you just want to be friends again? Is that what this is all about? Venom I'll be your pal. I understand you need friends, probably pretty lonely out there.
  14. Your Mom

Your Mom New User

Steam:
    Sucks that you were completely aware that this person "A." had unknowingly sold their account to the biggest scammer in TF2 history that you are friends with who had the intention of using it to scam wealthy traders. It would be cool if you had spread this info since you apparently have known about it.

I'm not sure if that's the same as admitting to being an accomplice or not but it sure sounds like it. How do I know you didn't just encourage him to target me? Being that you have such a beef with me for exposing your sharking circuit on r/tf2.
  15. [PPM]TheVenomWithin

Steam:
    Readd me if you want, no point in cluttering the thread up.
  16. God Tier Rick James

God Tier Rick James New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:66924390
    Even if Venom would have said this information how many people would have believed a person like him, community doesn't care about Venom, Venom doesn't care about the community, pretty simple. And what LateGum says is most of the time false, all scammers are liars, if you think they are telling the truth you are falling for their bad behavior. And I'm sad you got played, but you could have used OpSkins, a fairly easier way to cash out, you would have lost 5% but what the heck, the purchases wouldn't be refundable or would have had a chance of getting scammed. And Jesus man are you one deluded mess, you are now on the line of believing Venom would ask a dude to scam you.
    [PPM]TheVenomWithin likes this.
  17. Your Mom

Your Mom New User

Steam:
    Ok first off, I just got scammed so maybe my heads not in the best place? Thanks for the "advice" though? And secondly, I wouldn't put anything past Venom. He posts almost every day on reddit trying to win people back over to no avail and then finds a way to make it about him being the victim of me manipulating him somehow. He always tries to twist things towards me, if you had any clue of the history you wouldn't put it past him either. And I have no clue how OPskins works I've never tried it. I just need to GTFO trading all together quick, smart, and clean. I am thoroughly done with this game and this community, and this is beyond a final straw for me.
  18. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Please provide a full screen shot of your Trade Inventory History for last few days to present (NOT TRADE OFFER!!)- open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload. Also need a screen shot of your Paypal ACTIVITY (not Summary) for let’s say the last several days full screen DO NOT edit this shot in anyway. Upload here.

on a side note.. who is the users ID that purchased the account and when was it purchased?
  19. Your Mom

Your Mom New User

Steam:
    Screenshots

Attached Files:

20. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Didn't tell me the ID I requested or when it was purchased or do you not know?

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.