1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198156108616 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Psyche Claus, Sep 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psyche Claus

Psyche Claus New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:81963453
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198156108616

Victim profile: 76561198124192634

What happened? Description:
    The accused added me saying he wants to trade my knife for one of his knives and it was a good deal. So I carried on with the trade but he then linked me to a Vault Account/Inventory so it looked a bit dodgy, I already knew this was a scam but went a long with it to see their method to report them like I'm doing right now.

He then says he wants to verify the items using an admin, he then plays a "Non Steam Game" called "Item Admin Verification" or something like that thinking I'm a fool to believe it. He then links me to another profile who is this "Valve Employee/Admin" who is also playing this "Non Steam Game" called "Item Verification Process" or something like that.

He tells me to add him so I do so and go a long with what the accused says to get more info on the scam method. Me and this admin add each other and he asks us what we want, so I say we need items verified so then he invites us all to a group chat.

He then goes on to explain lots of rules and that if I back out of this trade I can get a VAC Ban even though VAC is for cheaters only, nothing to do with trading so they sort of screwed up there on the attempt, either way I went a long with it and this so called "admin" said that we need to send a trade offer to him with the knives to verify it.

Now of course I didn't do this but I just want to point out that he accused attempted a scam with another guy who is this "admin".

The fake admin's SteamRep block is below here:

| steamname: FlawedVision
    | steam3ID: [U:1:175691419]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:87845709
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198135957147
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/FlawVsnX
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198135957147

Provide Evidence:
    The screenshots include the accused's profile, the vault inventory, the fake admin's profile, the chat window uncropped next to my friends list, the activity page of me and the accused showing that we made friends on Steam and was in contact with each other, and some fake screenshots the fake admin uploaded to try and get me to think he was legit.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2019
  2. Psyche Claus

Psyche Claus New User

Steam:
    Some extra screenshots of more of the chat: (the 2 traders were pressurizing me into doing the trade)

Attached Files:

3. Psyche Claus

Psyche Claus New User

Steam:
    A few more; as I didn't go a long with the trade they said I will get a ban in a few hours time, which is obviously not going to happen.
    Just going to wait for a few hours, then see my ban.. :^) lmao so stupid

Attached Files:

4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks - the other user Flawed is already tagged/banned.
    Remember it isn't about seeing a ban here.. SR is about education not punishment.
    Make sure you report both users to Valve
    meep.jpg
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.