1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Where should i post cd key scam report.

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by OrgnGr1nd3r, Oct 7, 2016.

1. OrgnGr1nd3r

OrgnGr1nd3r New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:29309847
    Hello everyone.

I recently got scammed for gears of war 4 nvidia coupon code. Seller took re0 hd steam key for me. I have all the evidence, but steam rep doesnt accept cd key scam reports. Where should i post it then? Cd key scammer can scam people with items too. What should i do, please guide me.

thanks.
  2. Dragoon™ ♛ | TRADING

Dragoon™ ♛ | TRADING Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:89145434
  3. OrgnGr1nd3r

OrgnGr1nd3r New User

Steam:
    I know i read it, i am asking what all sites should i report this scammer. I already did report to steam official scammer report. I dont want him to scam other people, i have been scammed for the first time so i dont know where to report for cd key issues. I found steam reps scammer report link on reddit, where i got this guy. He deleted his account there. I know i wont get my game back but i want to report him at all places possible.
  4. Nebras

Nebras New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:92811415
    CD keys / Steam wallet codes are near impossible to investigate for a 3rd party community, only Valve can, I don't think there's much you can do but report his profile
  5. OrgnGr1nd3r

OrgnGr1nd3r New User

Steam:
    Okay, thanks man.

Lets see what happens. I hope he get banned from trading.
  6. Someone 2

Someone 2 Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33937776
    While SteamRep does not investigate CD Key scams, some partner communities do.

I will suggest you go and submit a report to the Fortress of Gamers community found here: https://f-o-g.trade/ .

It might not pass for sure, but submit all the evidence you have and a trade moderator will trade a look whenever possible.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  7. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691

I can tell you right now - as a partner speaking here my abilities to research if someone used a key or not is no different than it would be here...basically still not possible.
    The reason you can't investigate these types of reports is that you have no way of knowing who, when or where the key was used or was valid or not valid regardless.
    Sniper Pro likes this.
  8. Zoof

Zoof New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23192
    Unfortunately not much can be done for your situation. Here are some recommendations for you to use in the future.
    • Join a forum that is well known and handles those types of sales.
    • Log all communications with screenshots that are clear.
    Not many sites handle CDkey and related scams but generally marketplace forum staff members are good about banning scamming members. The person who scammed you more than likely will not receive any form of ban, you can try your best to report them as above members have stated but generally your expectations will not be met.
  9. OrgnGr1nd3r

OrgnGr1nd3r New User

Steam:
    Thanks guys.

Thing is i have all the evidence against him( chat screenshots). Showing he took the key from me. He is straight up refusing to provide refund, he agreed we did a trade and also agrees the key got revoked. I am asking for 3 csgo keys which is that games worth on steam market place but he is offering me 1$ btc, which is unacceptable.