1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198147274376 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by kieranfretell, Nov 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kieranfretell

kieranfretell New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:69156176
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198147274376

Victim profile: 76561198098578081

What happened? Description:
    I advertised a trade for my Karambit Blue steel on Csgolounge and this guy added me, I knew the trade wasn't legit but I went along with it just so I could report him on here. We agreed on a butterfly knife for my karambit that he had in "storage". He then game the usual speech about bugged items and wanting to use a middleman, he then told me to add a guy that is being impersonated. All of my conversation is included in my uploads.​

Provide Evidence:
    "profile" is a picture of his profile with my added as a friend (URL visible)
    "conversation1" is the first part of out conversation
    "conversation2" is the last part of our conversation​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @kieranfretell
    Thanks - issue is I can't confirm you were ever friends with this exact user by SteamID - all I see is a chat box with a name and profile image. Need to verify this and you can do that with a screenshot of your activity - when you take this and it shows you adding the user hover your mouse pointer over the users name so it shows the popup of the profile. Make sure you have the Steam Client URL enabled before doing anything. Take the screenshot and make sure it's Full Screen and make sure steam client URL is enabled, not edited or cropped in any way!
  3. Chimi

Chimi New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:683286
    76561197974088867 the user in the friends list in the first screenshot is a known impersonator of me, and currently as of 11 minutes ago has posted a comment to his own Comment section linking kasper's steam profile

Attached Files:

4. kieranfretell

kieranfretell New User

Steam:
    What about the profile screenshot i took where it says "unfriend" doesn't that prove I was friends with him?
  5. kieranfretell

kieranfretell New User

Steam:
    if you look at conversation 2 he actually links me to that profile asking me to add him also.
  6. kieranfretell

kieranfretell New User

Steam:
    This is all that happens when i try to load "my activity" on steam, it is clearly broken. Though I don't see how the "profile" screenshot doesn't prove that i was friends with him.

Attached Files:

7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok last thing I can suggest is you re-add the user - if they accept open up a chat box and it will show the last few messages to match up against what you already gave me. When you take this screenshot hover your mouse pointer over that users profile image so it shows the profile popup.
    If you can't do this there is nothing more we can do here since we require something to verify identity.
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  10. Horse

SteamRep Admin: